Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211154 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2700 on: September 06, 2013, 07:38:01 pm »

Well you'll get the Panther prototype which seems to be nice and mobile, but it does lack the 88mm gun.

I'm slightly worried by the changes to the 36H honestly, it was a beastly tank and I'm not sure how it is now. Sure it seems beefier and now there's actually a point in using the top turret, but being mobile with nice armour was kinda it's thing, you know, like a KV1S but without the 122mm :S

Anyways, the leaks of the upcoming German TD branch paint a lovely picture of paper tanks prone to arty OHK but at the same time packing incredible firepower. 88/l71 on T6? Yes please! 128mm on T7? Count me in!
Some of them do look funny tho (especially the T5), the T9 one is a Pz4 hull with a big ass 150mm gun on top, quite cute :D

As far as the 3601h changes, I'm pretty sure they only thing they are changing is its designation, heavy instead of medium, nothing else. (Though afaik the konisch is getting some changes).

As for the new German TD line, I've been waiting it for absolutely forever for it, and I mean it when I say.

GIVE ME MY FUCKING NASHORN. :P

The tier five one is pretty weird and I'm wondering if they will ever use it as an excuse to add more game mechanics. (It was a flak gun carrier that would put its superstructure down so it could have 360 traverse)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 07:45:02 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #2701 on: September 06, 2013, 08:37:40 pm »

Actually the 3601H will be changed. It'll lose it's engines (the top one I think), its top speed will be buffed, the turrets changed a bit (the traverse only I think, making the second one viable with the Konisch) and it's HP will be buffed so it will have one of the highest amounts for its tier.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: September 06, 2013, 08:52:04 pm »

Yes, but 20% reduction in konish dmg makes it hardly on par with tier 5 guns. It might fit new 3001h well, but certainly will make 3601h garbage.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: September 06, 2013, 10:39:54 pm »

I've always used the 88 on my 3601 anyways, the Konish is okay but the 88 just seems to work better for my purposes.
Steam Profile
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: September 07, 2013, 01:28:06 am »

Once again they go derp on a tank I've just learned to handle with anything resembling efficiency... But I think I'll just go with the flow. Sad part is that I've gotten about halfway towards panther expwise, didn't even bother with 36 but might now get it since there's no way I'll get that ~20k needed.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: September 07, 2013, 03:18:52 am »

Well you'll keep your xp on the 3001H. And when it gets turned into a heavy you'll get the T6 medium that replaces it, which is a Panther prototype so you'll probably be better off learning to play that one since it'll probably be much more similar to the Panther.
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: September 07, 2013, 05:58:19 am »

And much better than the Panther!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: September 07, 2013, 06:39:28 am »

And much better than the Panther!

...But the Panther is awesome, I love mine, if the panther prototype is better for its tier it'd be overpowered!
Steam Profile

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: September 07, 2013, 06:49:34 am »

For most people the Panther is the worst T7 med. This new one might be OP in your hands, though. Hard to say what'll happen with the great german rebalance patch about to be released, I cant recall whether or not the Panther I got any notable changes.

Edit: Panther's getting ~+1 RPM with the L/100, losing the 88, gaining an agility and top speed boost (albeit acceleration will be a tiny bit slower), and sporting an extra 2 degrees of gun depression. That should help it.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 07:06:48 am by Rex_Nex »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: September 07, 2013, 07:12:15 am »

For most people the Panther is the worst T7 med.

Well most people suck! The panther with that smexy L/100 works so nice for me, even funner then the t20 erryone goes on about being awesome. If its being buffed that's even more awesome.
Steam Profile

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: September 07, 2013, 09:51:56 am »

So there is a mission to win 15 battles rewarding 250k silver... i'm starting to go insane after a 7 game loss streak.
Additionally there is also a weekely mission to get 10 wins for 50k so i could nab 300k by winning 5 games in non lights and 10 in lights.

I strongarmed through yesterday but i think the trouble is not worth the 50k bribe they are trying to pull.
Hell apparently i can't even use bushes well because i get shot the second i spot someone... i guess it might be because of Leopards lousy cammo rating even with nets installed but what the hell is this tank supposed to od then?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: September 07, 2013, 11:22:12 am »

Oh yeah that, I had a 13 loss streak the other day. That's after getting some 10 wins. Now if I was on the US server I would've gotten atleast a part of the reward, but since the EU community team is utterly bad at what they do I got nothing before I finally had a stroke of luck and didn't get a pants-on-head retarded team.
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Steam Profile

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: September 08, 2013, 09:01:51 am »

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.rambler.ru%2F21001244%2F

World of tanks might get official role in Russian Army.

This is kinda odd considering WoT is more of a tank knifefight type of game wqhere most fights happen at less than 100 meters and never over 400 meters (due to engine limitations)... in fact there are many way better tank simulators out there (Like "Balkans on fire" for example).

I assume however that the General had in mind tank sims in general and WoT was the first name to pop into his head while on the radio.

Oh god... what if they are making "Americas Russia's Army" Мой первый танк edition?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 09:08:12 am by Sonlirain »
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: September 11, 2013, 05:48:36 pm »

DingBat wrote this really helpful roadmap for new (or newish) players.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Great read, would recommend new players read it if they are at all interesting in playing well. Otherwise, just knock yourself out.

Lastly, 8.8 should be released on NA on the 12th.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 251