Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211209 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

That gun is very crazy for 6 lvl, you can earn a lot of cash :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What do you guys think of TOGII*? :)
My new favourite tank. Here's Bert if you haven't seen him:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also, guys, I need advice. I don't like man Churchill anymore. Should I sell it?
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Yes.

Next two tiers are pretty much more of the same, so if you don't like it now it's safe to assume you won't like it for two more tiers.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be honest the Churchills (other than the 3) are strictly inferior to their peer-mates, you're looking at some of the slowest speeds available, horrible gun depression (until BP), and armor that is full of holes due to the patchwork way the UK's armor schemes worked. You get practically nothing in return... accuracy, HP, maybe like 10 more pen than average on the Churchill I? Either way, the tanks themselves are horrible, just fairly idiot-proof.

With that said, I managed to grind out a Jagdpanzer E-100. Oh boy.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

You know I always go on about eventually selling Hellcat in DFC chat, and for the most part it doesn't really fit my playstyle that much...

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not seeing the Camouflage skill on that Hellcat Crew, you should change that immediately.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Also IMHO having repair on one crewmember is not a viable solution.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Don't worry about the skills its fine.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Yeah, maybe he has several of them :P

But as a general rule you get Sixth Sense first on you commander and Mentor after that. The other guys are mostly whatever you feel like or if you're building towards a certain role.

And some e-peening

What's your highest skill crew?

Mine is one the T34, it's seen combat from the T1 up to T34 and has been in over 1k battles since. They have ¸three skills and the fourth one up to 40-ish percent. Shit be crazy yo!

Other than that it's been a somewhat slow week, trying to collect the daily 300k bonus to get the SU-100M while it's on sale and maybe after that save up to get the Leo Prototype (if I manage to unlock it first, the Ind. Pz. is a pain in the ass for some reason) or the T-54.
AS - IG

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you think the Indienpanzer is a pain in the ass, don't go for Leopard PTA, just don't.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There seems to be a lot of anger over WG's decission to put back Stalin slogan's back in the game:

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/46/historical-content-world-tanks/
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All I've got to say about it is that history is rarely pretty. Granted, Wargaming doesn't seem all that intent on keeping things historical in other areas.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well the game IS semi realistic.
Obviously if they let the hellcat zip around 90 kph then while realistic it'd also imbalance things.

In other news.
I had to keep some kids busy and let one of them play the AMX38.
So he gets thrown as top tier in the mines... and blows the enemy team away... he didn't even know you can aim with shift nor that you have to aim directly at the tanks.
Yet he ended with 3 kills and over a thousand potential damage recieved.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

If you think the Indienpanzer is a pain in the ass, don't go for Leopard PTA, just don't.

It's not that it's a bad tank or anything, it has my most vauled stats (DPM, penetration and accuracy) as its strong points but it's just wierd. I guess it's the fact that it has crappy mobility because of the extra armour which doesn't actually bounce anything ever.

The PTA on the other hand shaves off that crappy armor and gets another neat thing which is mobility :)
AS - IG

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was more referring to the fact that somewhere around 1/4 of the vehicles in game never existed and more than that never took part in combat. I don't mind concessions made for gameplay, but don't just randomly pull out "historical context" when it fits and ignore it when it doesn't. That rubs me wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 251