Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211238 times)

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've always sold low tier free premiums. Tiny tank fights play by a logic so arcane and bewildering that I haven't been able to play multiple matches in it and stay sane.

I saw the T-50 got nerfed. It was obviously the best tier IV light, but was also the only one that can stay useful with the matchmaking those tanks get. The other tier IV lights should've gotten a buff, or at least better matchmaking, rather than nerfing the only good one. I haven't played it yet, but with that speed limit, it's the loss of one of my favorite tanks.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've always sold low tier free premiums. Tiny tank fights play by a logic so arcane and bewildering that I haven't been able to play multiple matches in it and stay sane.

I saw the T-50 got nerfed. It was obviously the best tier IV light, but was also the only one that can stay useful with the matchmaking those tanks get. The other tier IV lights should've gotten a buff, or at least better matchmaking, rather than nerfing the only good one. I haven't played it yet, but with that speed limit, it's the loss of one of my favorite tanks.

The T50 is a tier 4 light tank and it leeds to T-34 (and further down the medium line).
And the T50-2 got removed completely (Russians don't have a tier V light now) and replaced by the MT-25 that handles more or less like the pre nerf T50...

Basically they didn't nerf or remodel the T50-2... they REMOVED it completely and put a different looking (pre nerf) T50 in its place.

Also i think the french lights hold on pretty well so it's not like all lights got nerfed.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Opinions:

The MT-25 is pretty terrible. It's like a slightly faster, better camo'd T-34 (T5 RU med) that sees T10 matches. Havent tried the new T-50, but I'm willing to bet it plays similar to the A-20. It's probably pretty terrible too.

The Brit SPG line is pretty good except for a few stinkers. They have what on paper looks like the worst guns, but in reality the hidden stats those guns get are pretty good. I.E, they fire nearly vertically, hah.

The new map is pretty meh. I thought it'd be better, but everyone just sticks to the mountains on the sides because the town is a death trap if the other team owns one of the mountains. You might see a light play round in the mid, but most of the map is ignored entirely by everyone else. The only good part about the map is that it spawns you pretty close to the action.

Finally unlocked/purchased a Foch 155 (t10 td) and WZ-120 (t9 med), and got gifted a KV-5 (t8 prem heavy).

The Foch is broken. Like, legitimately broken. Great armor, great speed, great camo, and (probably) the best gun in the game. I don't really get what wargaming was thinking. Im sitting on about 4.5k DPG, give or take a few hundred.

WZ-120 is bare bones stock, I tried to play it but I just couldnt do it, it's terrible.

The KV-5 is funny. Its not extremely powerful as far as dealing damage goes and I'd certainly put it behind the IS-6 in most categories, but it's great fun. Its big, takes a good long time to kill, and you'll damage people by doing as little as tapping them with your 100 tons of weight. Best ram so far is 1250 damage on a T69, hope to get a better one =)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Welp, with the T-50-2 well and truly dead, I've lost whatever motivation I might have had to come back to WoT.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The KV-5 is funny. Its not extremely powerful as far as dealing damage goes and I'd certainly put it behind the IS-6 in most categories, but it's great fun. Its big, takes a good long time to kill, and you'll damage people by doing as little as tapping them with your 100 tons of weight. Best ram so far is 1250 damage on a T69, hope to get a better one =)

You should get a KV-4
It's a KV-5 with a (much) better gun and without that giant weakspot in the front.
I'm currently on my way to get it since it's the clo0sest thing russians have to a "Maus".
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm enjoying the Brit SPG line so far.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lol, KV5 is best damage dealing t-8 with gold ammo or vs french "heavies". It's only thing this tank is good for. It's massive weakspot taking half of tanks front declasify it as bouncing machine.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Well clever positioning or some lucky MM can make it into an immobile fortress that just won't die. A few pages back is a match of mine in the T-44 where the only other T8 was the enemy KV-5. Bastard took some 11k damage before finally dying :C

Also the sweet missions have got me the BatChat 25t finally. It's not as fun as I expected it, but I don't have the top gun yet and the M48 was a completely different tank depending on the gun entirely so I'm positive it'll get better.

And with the special mission going the whole month there's a possibility of doing just the 30 kills needed every day and ending up with a buttload of money at the end.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

wathundar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

atleast war thunder is about planes, what is this game? about tanks? i actually didn't know there were different kind of tanks. also, world of tank's developer's attempt into making a game like war thunder is amazingly awful

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

atleast war thunder is about planes, what is this game? about tanks? i actually didn't know there were different kind of tanks. also, world of tank's developer's attempt into making a game like war thunder is amazingly awful

You do know that World of Tanks was around long before development even started for Warthunder, right?

Also yes there is quite a lot of different tanks in the world, Armoured Warfare History is pretty interesting, you should try immersing yourself int he subject sometime, you might learn something.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You do know that World of Tanks was around long before development even started for Warthunder, right?

Also yes there is quite a lot of different tanks in the world, Armoured Warfare History is pretty interesting, you should try immersing yourself int he subject sometime, you might learn something.
This.
Tanks are very interesting. World Of Tanks has actually taught me and inspired me to go look around at the different types. It's actually pretty amazing.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

This.
Tanks are very interesting. World Of Tanks has actually taught me and inspired me to go look around at the different types. It's actually pretty amazing.

Not to agree with the griper with a poor grasp of sentence structure, but he might have been talking about World of Warplanes, which was announced about three months after War Thunder's original announcement. And, frankly, WoWP is absolute shit. I'm going to wait and see how Gaijin handles armor, and that will likely determine whether or not I start playing WoT again. Though it still pisses me off that they lied about replacing the T-50-2 with a largely identical tank.

3. Run Resize Enable

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This.

Not to agree with the griper with a poor grasp of sentence structure, but he might have been talking about World of Warplanes, which was announced about three months after War Thunder's original announcement. And, frankly, WoWP is absolute shit. I'm going to wait and see how Gaijin handles armor, and that will likely determine whether or not I start playing WoT again. Though it still pisses me off that they lied about replacing the T-50-2 with a largely identical tank.
But it is largely identical. I think. What's wrong with it?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

This.

It really, really isn't. For one, they're still using the hitpoint system from WoT. That works far better here than with aircraft. WT has a better damage system even in the arcade mode, more in-depth control and customization, a more involved system of roles for various aircraft, and (in my opinion) a better "feel" to the flight. Not to mention that in WoWP you can outfly damned near anything in certain of the starter planes. Also, Historical and Full Real battles. I'm not saying I don't like WoT (especially given how much I've played it), but if WT did aircraft that much better, I'm curious to see what they do with tanks.

Also, the fact that ground forces are more than a bunch of stationary little outposts that you can blow up if you suck at dogfighting. Bombers exist. You can control tailgunners. Etc., etc.

Also, wathundar has been trolling around in other threads. Probably best to ignore him.

3. Run Resize Enable

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This.

It really, really isn't. For one, they're still using the hitpoint system from WoT. That works far better here than with aircraft. WT has a better damage system even in the arcade mode, more in-depth control and customization, a more involved system of roles for various aircraft, and (in my opinion) a better "feel" to the flight. Not to mention that in WoWP you can outfly damned near anything in certain of the starter planes. Also, Historical and Full Real battles. I'm not saying I don't like WoT (especially given how much I've played it), but if WT did aircraft that much better, I'm curious to see what they do with tanks.

Also, the fact that ground forces are more than a bunch of stationary little outposts that you can blow up if you suck at dogfighting. Bombers exist. You can control tailgunners. Etc., etc.

Also, wathundar has been trolling around in other threads. Probably best to ignore him.
Oh no, WoWP is complete shit. I mean the T-50-2. How is it worse?
Also, on the matter of WT and Wargaming, I'm excited to see how both handle ships. I'm also excited for non-tank vehicles. Armoured cars, SPAA, that sort of thing. It really will change the nature of the gaming landscape if WT does vehicles right.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 251