Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211242 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just to note, I have found profitability the in the higher tiers betters, as of late. You can still lose money, but I've found as long as I contribute to the battle in a significant way, I won't anymore. At least not much.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Yep. 8.6 improved profitability on tiers 6-10, most will run a profit unless you really screw up badly. Most.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The trick with running higher tiers with profit is avoiding damage while dealing as much as possible. T10 especially can earn a mean amount of money since you can easily do 5k damage per match if you're good, and if you avoid much damage you'll easily end up 20k in the black since the real killer isn't shell price (which is pretty much the same from T8 upwards) but the insane repair costs.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile

You need to be relatively close to hit the cupola though. Also, I think the first tank that can pen frontally an AT-2 is an ARL-44 (and not if it's too much angled).

I find that's only true of the AT-2, up to the AT-15 I can usually hit the cupola from a fair ways out pretty consistently, especially the AT-8, bloody thing's cupola protrudes halfway to the moon

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

You need to be relatively close to hit the cupola though. Also, I think the first tank that can pen frontally an AT-2 is an ARL-44 (and not if it's too much angled).

I find that's only true of the AT-2, up to the AT-15 I can usually hit the cupola from a fair ways out pretty consistently, especially the AT-8, bloody thing's cupola protrudes halfway to the moon
Yeah the AT-8 for example pretty much everybody can hit the cupola consistently enough that the armour is worthless.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HMAS Bert ready for battle.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ahhh TOG, never change <3

Speaking of fun new tanks, the tier 9 Chinese heavy WZ-111 1-4 is really, really good. Take everything that makes the IS8 good, then add armor. Bam, there's the 111.

Oh, and new Brit tier 6 SPG is looking really silly. It's a light tank with a mortar. Incredibly powerful engine on a chassis the size of a T-50... hehe. 450 damage at tier 6 is pretty pathetic, though.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

All their guns seem rather crappy as far as damage and RoF goes. What they do seem to have is silly amounts of gun traverse, I'm guessing they'll be something similar to the Frenchies, low damage but rather flexible and accurate support arties that are mostly used to track and lock down tanks for other arties to finish off.

Anywho, the weekend special, for all the frustration and idiots has paid out quite nicely, with not too much playtime I've manged to get around 700k. I reckong I'll be able to scrounge up another 2 million by the end of the month. Then, if things are looking good I might get myself some premium time and breeze trough the last two million I need for the BatChat. Or I might unlock a new more interesting tank *cough*T-54*cough* and get that instead for some reason :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Yeah the weekend special was pretty nice, ended up adding a T29 to my garage for some reason as well as doing something I never do and actually buying equipment for a couple of my tanks. (Beyond my Church III) Also finally got the BL-9 for my IS-3.

In other news I randomly watched The Beast of War because yay tank movies.
Steam Profile
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: VK3001P (click to show/hide)

This is the first match where I've actually enjoyed the 3001 P. I had to free exp into the suspension, turret, and engine to get it to be bearable, but now it's actually a bit fun. For anyone looking to buy it, expect either a miserable grind to get the bullshit out of the way (the turret and suspension) and then a slower-than-KV1 cardboard bus until first engine, or wasting 20k free experience to get it playable. I still prefer the 3001 H, because of its speed and god turret, or of course the more attractive cousin 3601, but it's still a viable tank. Just have the 8.8 already unlocked on something else... unfortunately nothing else can carry over.

Now the only Deutscher VI medium I need is the 3001 D, which annoyingly enough will require going back to the pz III/IV, since they restructured the tech tree for some reason.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get excited folks. British SPGs. Who's looking forward to the little bugger with the high speed, the FV304?
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Mipe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Bishop is a pain until you free exp the suspension and gun. Until then, it is a crippled TD (has a very low angle so it can only shoot basically straight ahead). There are basically no maps with a decent position for that.

The gun upgrade, however, relieves the vertical angle limitation - you can almost shoot straight above and shells at 500m are hitting at 90 degrees. But the range doesn't get better at all - you have to find a good location much closer.

And at 500m range, just about everyone can shoot you. Don't rely on bushes, either, with that huge dome it has abysmal camo.

The FV304 at least has the speed... I wonder if it will have the same restrictive range, however.

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Tanky fun times (click to show/hide)

I think I've finally got the Panzer IV figured out

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The gun upgrade, however, relieves the vertical angle limitation - you can almost shoot straight above and shells at 500m are hitting at 90 degrees. But the range doesn't get better at all - you have to find a good location much closer.

This explains a lot. I've gotten hit by Bishops a couple times while in spots I've always assumed inaccessible to arty shots at typical angles.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

So they gave us a free tier 3 tank for wargaming 15th anniversary which is cool, haven't driven it at all yet but I might keep around as just a random unique tank to keep, not like I need slots atm.
Steam Profile
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 251