Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211264 times)

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know, but I've seen the Grille literally owning since 8.6. I don't know what's so special about it, but I've been one shotted by it several times, even when moving as a medium.
By the by, I've discovered the real secret of the arty nerf. It's not the decreased accuracy or the increased shell travel time, it's the top-tier arty MM.
But top tier arty are horrifying violent now. Each hit is a tank destroyed or useless.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

The problem is that you're lucky to get one or two hits per match with high-tier arty, between the reload, aim time, and poor accuracy.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't really know about that, my only GWE game ended with over a dozen shots and 6.5k damage. High tier gameplay is still pretty slow, and the reload times are only 5-10 secs longer than before.

Big, high splash arty plays nearly identically to 8.5, with worse acc vs moving targets but better acc vs still targets. It's the low splash arty that beforehand relied on rate of fire or accuracy that is feeling the pain with this patch.

Either way, less arty is always good for me.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The deal with the Comet is that it's the epitome of a flanking tank for me. It's much better armoured than the T-43 (closest true flanker of its tier) while having nearly the same mobility. The gun is especially nice since it has nice penetration for a medium of its tier while retaining the incredible DPM the Cromwell had. And in the end, that gun depression man, that shit is just icing on the cake, the number of times I've juked high tier tanks to ineffectually bounce off of the mantlet is getting silly, possibly one of the best parts of the tank.

Not sure why, but I did enjoy the Cromwell quite a bit while the Comet just seems better. I think it's the meeting higher tier tanks part, there's often times more challenge but at the same time the damage potential goes quite a bit up since their HP pools are bigger now.

Edit:

Also the T71 is so broken it is not even funny, especially when you get dropped into T8 matches. You've got the mobility and size of a great light tank while having the firepower that can more than match the mediums of the same tier. In about 10 seconds you can dish out 900 average damage with quite nice penetration and accuracy. Something that has made me the top damage dealer on more than one occasion. Sadly my team can still bomb quite badly since I can't tank that much damage which leads to me dying sooner or later most of the team leaving the poor lemmings to fend for themselves :I
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:35:25 am by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

T-43 has better armor than the Comet everywhere except on the gun mantlet. Plus it's angled. It has nearly the same speed, but Comet has better acceleration.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So there's going to be a pretty huge sale event from July 4th-8th (at least here in the US). 5x daily wins, 50% off equipment, 100% increased credits in tier V-VI (40k profit a match in a KV-1, seems reasonable), some other stuff, and the introduction of the missions. Should be fun on a bun (pun intended). Fun, funds, buns, and puns. Done.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 11:00:43 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

I think you mean dones.

So, the other day, I was using the Cruiser III, and when I was looking at the upgraded turret, I saw no reason that someone would want to take it.

Until I used it in-game and realized it's the lowest tier spaced armor I've seen.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

T-43 has better armor than the Comet everywhere except on the gun mantlet. Plus it's angled. It has nearly the same speed, but Comet has better acceleration.

Actually the Comet only has weaker sides. The slope and thicnkess of the T-43 don't matter that much. The Comet also has a very sloped glacis, akin to the upper plate of the KV-1 which is an autobounce on most angles. Also it doesn't catch fire on frontal hits, so there's a big plus right there.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yea, the fuel tank is placed right on the left of the driver. But there's still 75mm armor hull all around, angled, which means 100 effective (which is pretty poor for a tier 7, but better than the T-34-85). I'm not sure about the Comet, but being to angle pointing the corner of the T-43 towards the enemy can get some nice bounces.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Agreed. I get a surprising amount of bounces in my T-43.

Incidentally, this weekend is awesome. In the process of getting my daily quintuples, I went from ~200k credits to ~1.1m credits.

3. Run Resize Enable

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been getting 20k in the KV-1 on a loss, 40k on win where I do next to nothing, and upwards of 60k in the little leagues. It's actually insane.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

I somehow get the feeling that they aren't actually giving us x5 XP. For instance, I'd normally get over 1000 XP killing 4 enemy tanks with my PzIV. I just got 565, leading to a total of only about 2800.
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Damage matters a great deal more than kill credits. If you kill four tanks but only dealt ~3-400 damage, you're going to get much less exp than if you killed none but dealt 1.5-2k damage. Same deal with exp for spotting damage (and tracking damage, now). Exp gain is obviously greatest when you're ripping the enemy team apart all by yourself, but after that dealing lots of damage/spotting lots of enemies tends to do much more than cleaning up kills.

3. Run Resize Enable

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, spotting is as much xp/credits as damage. So if you spot and damage, it's twice better than just making damage.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Had my best game with the AMX12t so far, 4 kills (2 tiers 7), 1,7k damage. I'm not a huge fan of it, but it was a good match. Also, I love the SU-76.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 251