Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211265 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So... more bragging.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I probably wouldn't brag if i had the top gun tho...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Still probably my best game in WoT so far.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, the KV-4 is a lot more fun to play now that I have a chance at making a profit on it. It also lets me play a bit more aggressively. Before I would avoid taking chancy shots as each shot simply cost too much to waste. I'm making a profit almost every win now and that allows me to play more than my single daily double. More play, more practice, more possibilities open. I'm getting better at it and having more and more fun with it. Even with almost everything stock on it (except the 122mm gun left over from prior tanks.)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Mmm, yes, I'm loving all of the credit payout increases. I'm pretty certain I'm going to keep my Hellcat around now that it's both fun and pretty much guaranteed profit.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the credit increases are making my tiger more fun to grind. Now, as long as I don't bounce too many shots from the stock gun, even in a loss there's even odds I make at least a nominal profit instead of bleeding credits
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Friendly tip guys, get the Comet, it's the bestest thing out of the British tree so far, the combination of firepower, mobility, armour and the amazing gun depression makes it one hell of a ride.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

This sale was practically built for me. Time to finally buy my T-43 and Cromwell.

3. Run Resize Enable

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What in the honest fuck happened to my Matilda? It was great before, but now it's a complete fuck-uperer. I'm bouncing all sort of guns, taking on Stugs, winning against Stugs, winning against KV-1's, and all in frontal fights. The machine gun it has just makes it incredible. Plenty more people are playing Matildas now.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What in the honest fuck happened to my Matilda? It was great before, but now it's a complete fuck-uperer. I'm bouncing all sort of guns, taking on Stugs, winning against Stugs, winning against KV-1's, and all in frontal fights. The machine gun it has just makes it incredible. Plenty more people are playing Matildas now.

The bounce algoritms got revised and generally increased the bouncyness of tanks... some time ago.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, Matty's been a keeper for me since I got it. Fun machine, but can't vouch for bouncing KVs and StuGs consistently. Haven't really noticed any difference between latest updates. It's fun still to be somewhat only low-tier machine to manage full speed and still firing and hitting stuff :)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

That's mostly because its top speed is about 10kph.  :P

Speaking of Brit tanks, the Cromwell is my new sweetheart. Even stock it handles like a dream. The T-43 is also surprisingly less shit than I expected, though that may be because I'm subconsciously playing it more carefully than I played my KV-13 because I know that the T-43 has terrible armor.

3. Run Resize Enable

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like this new German tier 2 arty. I don't play arty at all and in my first game with it I got 3 kills. Dunno why everyone is frustrated at the arty, I had a grand old time.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

High-tier arty, plus a couple of horribly imbalanced lower tier arties, have in the past tended towards being horrific killing machines that could rain inescapable death on everyone. The arties that were actually balanced were pretty much ignorable in most cases, though. Of course, after the change, the 'balanced' arties became nearly useless and the good arties are still pretty devastating.
Nothing important here, move along.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got the Comet myself. Not too impressed, the gun's penetration is pretty horrific and it doesn't really have anything extraordinary except gun depression. It wouldn't be too bad if it kept the Cromwell's speed, but it's nearly as fast.

Really, jumping from the Crom to the Comet, you're getting a mantlet and gun depression - everything else is worse :(

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I came back to this and have no idea what the fuck I'm doing.  I have a Luchs, a Pz3, a Marder 2, some other shit I don't remember, and a Hetzer.  I distinctly remember kicking ass with the Luchs, mainly in the "rush suicidally at their base and die, taking with me something the other team can't afford to lose" realm.

Coming back it mostly feels like a game about either having the time/money to get bigass high tier tanks, or being an expendable lump of HP best used for spotting or damaging something more important.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 08:31:06 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Heh, most of the fun for me is in spotting (and occasionally killing) those big lumps of steel with dozens of gnat bites. BUT NO, THE T-50-2 IS "HISTORICALLY INACCURATE" AND GETS THE BOOT. And yet the Hellcat doesn't have its historical speed for the sake of game balance. On the plus side, the replacement tank is supposedly getting around a 10 degree increase in traverse speed but lower HP, with everything else the same.

STILL. The new tank isn't nearly as adorably physics-defying.

Anyhow, the medium is king now that arty has been nerfed into uselessness. By the by, I've discovered the real secret of the arty nerf. It's not the decreased accuracy or the increased shell travel time, it's the top-tier arty MM. If you're top-tier in anything but a T8-10 arty, just about everything in the match is too fast and small for you to hit, even if it stands still. Hell, when I play my S-51, even big, slow heavies tend to die long before I get my aim in. Not to mention the tiny amount of horizontal gun traverse allowing even slight adjustments in enemy position to force a complete re-aim.

Argle blargle, rant rant rant. Something something wallet warriors, too.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 251