Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211296 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Re: Scouting: Bush scout. Seriously. Camo net + binocs + camo training and you can be nearly invisible. A scout spotting every enemy on a side of the map like that is far more effective than anything else in the game, because there is nothing as devastating, either in terms of damage or morale, than being picked apart by tanks you can't see.

Or, as Rex mentioned, if you have a combat scout you can just fuck things up. IIRC the T-50-2 can outrun the turret traverse speed of all but three or so high-tier heavy/medium tanks if the driver knows what they're doing. I've lost count of the times that I've been the deciding factor in a duel by swooping in and hitting the enemy tank with a few shots to the rear armor/distracting it from the actual threats. Even if you can't penetrate them at all, plenty of players will still freak and try to kill you instead of the people that can hurt them, simply because you're close and will die quickly if they manage to hit you.

If you arnt willing to shell out for consumable by tier five or six, you are doing it wrong.
Wrong. I've got plenty of T7s unlocked and am edging in on my first T8, and I have never bought consumables (except for a few fire extinguishers once during a sale). They're nice little bonuses, but hardly necessary if you're a decent player. I'll grant using them in T9-10 tanks, though, and obviously in CW and tournies.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...you don't bring repair kits or med kits? Wat? They're like pocket change and often times pay for themselves.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...you don't bring repair kits or med kits? Wat? They're like pocket change and often times pay for themselves.

I think Dice is talking about premium consumables.
Rations premium toolboxes ETC.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, alright, that's fair.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Yeah, though to be fair I don't even use the cheaper ones that often for anything below T6. Actually, I notice that it tends to encourage me to play more thoughtfully when I have a smaller margin of error.

3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I usually use them on T5 and upwards, mostly because there a repair kit or a medkit can change the outcome of a battle, same way a lucky crit can completely render you useless. Plus at that point it becomes worthwhile to use them since profits are high enough to warrant the cost of one or two.

That said I only buy them when they're on discount and buy them in batches of atleast a 100 pieces, this is usually enough to last me a month or so before the next sale hits and I restock.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, though to be fair I don't even use the cheaper ones that often for anything below T6. Actually, I notice that it tends to encourage me to play more thoughtfully when I have a smaller margin of error.

I was also talking about non-prem consumables.

And the last bit is agreeable, I do tend to be more wreck-less when I am using consumables.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

I do just fine without any consumables, personally.

Hell, my KV-2 doesn't even have any equipment yet.

...Of course, this is because I'm dirt poor and seem to have a lot of trouble actually earning money, because even though my win rate's a nice 54% I have a survival rate of 25%.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 09:56:05 am by TheBronzePickle »
Nothing important here, move along.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Tier 5 and blow I won't bother with any consumables, Tier 7 required for me to even bring a round of Premium ammo.

Exceptions do exist but that's my general rule.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

That's not entirely unusual, TBP. My WR is at 51% and SR is at 31%. It makes a good deal of sense, really; if you lose, 99% of the time it is because your team was eliminated. That basically means that if you have a 50% WR the best possible SR you could have would also be 50%; an "average" SR would be 25%.

Speaking of WR, it's sort of strange. I've got a 48% with my KV-1S (long since sold), but a 61% with my IS, even though they're almost exactly the same tank. >.>

3. Run Resize Enable

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been at 54-55% win rate for some reason. It's not like I'm good, so it must be luck or tank choice.

It feels like I've been spending sooo much time waiting for tanks to go on sale. I have about 4 that I'm waiting to buy, and KV-1/VK 3601 is getting old. Still, with the 122mm derp on the KV, I am enjoying it more.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Hah, just had a match with 2,400 damage from spotting in my IS. I was holding one flank alone against the entire enemy heavy line and our arty did an excellent job of ripping them up. :3

3. Run Resize Enable

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_II_of_Jordan

This guy apparently plays World of Tanks (on the EU server)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, I saw that too on ftr.
I just unlocked the kv-1, but I can't put the 122, it's too heavy. Had a crazy match with my t-28 just before, 6 kills, 1000 damage (on a tier  4). I'll see how the kv goes.
I also went through the T18 : this thing is op as hell, it's a seal clubbing nuke device. The only tank I couldn't do anything against was a M7 priest, the only tier 3 of the match. With 101 front armor, the arty charged and blew everything in his path, in a city map. His teammates were supporting him, so we couldn't flank him.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Just free-exp'd the rest of the way to the second cannon on my S-51, and mein Gott.... If I can splash and take a third of an E-100's health, I'm almost scared to see what it'll be like in 8.6 MM.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 251