Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211291 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I wonder how good of aim the 152 will have with the accuracy adjustment. It might make for a damn scary sniper.

It already was, if you knew how to lead properly. There is nothing in the game as satisfying as pegging someone with it from halfway across the map, and it's surprisingly easy if you take the time to aim.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How's the SEA server? I passed on two offers to migrate to SEA (I am Oceanic). I already felt attached to NA server community.
It's pretty good. Mostly English/Malawian speaking, not too many derpy people or stupid ones. Genrally pretty nice, although bonus codes are few and far between.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

I wonder how good of aim the 152 will have with the accuracy adjustment. It might make for a damn scary sniper.

It already was, if you knew how to lead properly. There is nothing in the game as satisfying as pegging someone with it from halfway across the map, and it's surprisingly easy if you take the time to aim.

Yes, but it was also really easy for the shot to go wide, especially if you were having to turn your turret any to track the target. Now, there's a fair bit less chance of it going wide.
Nothing important here, move along.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

North America still doesn't have the 8.6 patch... I wonder what's taking them so long?

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

North America still doesn't have the 8.6 patch... I wonder what's taking them so long?

They probably saw that noone plays arty on EU now and have second thoughts.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good riddance to arty. I know they solve a few problems, but they're much more of a headache than they help.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

The issue, though, is that now, scouts have become a lot less useful. I've heard a fair share of bitching about people not being able to do anything with their T-50s except harass because their gun isn't powerful enough to crack even the higher tier tanks' weak spots.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Train camo, load up HE, try for the tracks. Spotting damage is worth quite a bit in the right circumstances. And with the new points given for ally damage to an enemy you've disabled there's some profit to be made there.

Even without arty you can still spot for your other allies, TDs usually prefer to hang back and snipe. I admit, I have a ton of fun just playing a harasser with my scouts, but the proper way to play them is as a dedicated spotter, rarely if ever even firing a shot of your own.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

HE 122mm and below got nerfed really bad, and HE that isn't below it also got a minor nerf. Besides which, in a lot of cases the smaller guns aren't able to crack the high-tier tanks' tracks anyway. Tracking's out.

Spotting damage is worth a lot, but you usually have to be a pretty damn good driver to avoid getting shot as a scout, even if you're in a really fast tank, unless you have a lot of cover to dart through or concealment to hide behind. In most cases, a medium can do the job more effectively.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are a couple scout tanks that need changes - the M5 Stuart, A-20, Leopard, etc. I can see why they'd complain about these.

Combat lights need to really be thought of seperately though. Stuff like T-50-2s, AMX 13 75/90s, T71, T21s, WZ-131/132s... you can make a living just beating up higher tier tanks with your glorious speed/camo and decent weaponry. If people are complaining about these, it's because they are bad. Making lights work well is not easy.

Also, about artillery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGm0PqWVsgM

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

I'm guessing from that video that anyone unwilling to pay for the consumables and HEAT shells is going to be a terrible arty.

Well, I'm not playing arty, then.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you arnt willing to shell out for consumable by tier five or six, you are doing it wrong.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm guessing from that video that anyone unwilling to pay for the consumables and HEAT shells is going to be a terrible arty.

HEAT shells are bad, I wouldn't really recommend them in any arty past tier 4. The prem HE shells? Eh. With the new accuracy mechanics, all high-splash arty are going to be damn poweful. That kind of reliability is a great boon. A lot of arty don't need prem shells to do that, it's mostly just low tier arty that suffer the low splash problem.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HEAT shells are bad, I wouldn't really recommend them in any arty past tier 4. The prem HE shells? Eh. With the new accuracy mechanics, all high-splash arty are going to be damn poweful. That kind of reliability is a great boon. A lot of arty don't need prem shells to do that, it's mostly just low tier arty that suffer the low splash problem.

All i know about arty is the fact Su-5 got WRECKED.
It used to have low damage but a high RoF/Aim time/Accuracy.
Not that they "fixed" it is still has low damage but all of its strong points went through the window.
Hell its (already long due to having a 45 degree angle) shell flighttime got increased by 50% making it pretty darn hard to hit anything moving.
Oh and it has a tiny shell splash radius.

I'm just glad that i had 9k exp on it when the patch hit so i only needed 3k to leave it and forget it ever existed... but the new russian arty has the same problem called LOW damage... at least stock because there is a gun upgrade that increases the damage by 100%.
At least it can reach the entire map so i can now do some counter battery fire... if i ever see a arty tracer that is.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

My M7 Priest is probably going to go the same way. It's got no splash, it's pretty underwhelming against anything with good armor, and its only real advantage was being able to put shells downrange fast enough to keep an enemy tank's track broke, which it can no longer do because of increased reload time.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 251