Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211352 times)

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just had an incredibly good match in my elc. Did 1600 damage, killed 4 tanks, defended as our last tank and then capped. The last enemy arty was too chicken, and I didn't wanted to risk attacking him (driver was dead) when I had a safe win with cap.
I'm pretty happy with how I used it, using my camo and speed to outwit my opponents rather than go head on. E.g. I had to defend against a T1 that was capping, I attacked from a side he didn't expected, then he left the cap point to try to go around me, and I was already waiting for him. All that while pumping adrenaline  :P

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok so i got the 122 mm Howitzer for the KV-1.

First game with it and one of those ungodly nazi lights come charging across the battlefield.
POW!
Critical hit!
55 damage...

BUT

The light is slowing down... and it stops (and then my teammates blow it up before i can reload).

After the battle i looked at the report and... 4 parts destroyed.
So it did little to no damage on the outside but pretty much obliterated it inside.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, did anyone catch the front-page news on the site about Wargaming launching an e-sports league for world of tanks? 16 teams will share a 100,000 dollar prize pool for this season!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

So I just saw a Pz. 1C drive full speed into the dragons teeth on Sigfried. As he impacts one of them he's sent flying clean over the entire width of the tank blockade and speeds away cheerfully without much harm recieved.

Now I was in hot pursuit in my own 1C and couldn't let the cheeky bastard get away like that. So I try the same thing and I hit it kidna wierldy and fly off and get stuck on the very last one.

;__;
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Team came 3rd in a tournament. Both the 2nd and 1st teams were composed almost entirely of T57s though the team that came second switched out for an all BatChat gambit in the final round (almost won).

RIP AMX 50B.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Got chat-banned for a day or so. Funny, because the only times I talk shit are when people are being massively stupid/insulting already. xD

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just bought an IS-3. I don't have enough gold to run it or properly equip it, and I hear the grind to its best gun is a bear... but... TIER 8!!!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The 122mm D-25T you should have unlocked earlier is still competitive in tier 8. I've decided to skip the grind for equipment on my KV-4 (which also has the D-25T and a better gun.) and just go straight for the next tank. I admit, I might be doing better with better equipment, but I have success even with the KV-4, and it has nothing like the speed or maneuverability of the IS-3 which should let you get into better positions to use the gun more effectively. Hell, the D-25T is the stock gun on the Tier X IS-4.

Don't take this to mean don't unlock the BL-9. That looks to be a good gun and is used on several tanks. The KV-4's upgrade just isn't used anywhere else but the KV-4 and I have no plans to keep the KV-4 after I'm done.

Disclaimer: I don't have experience with the IS-3 myself, although I do have it unlocked and plan to buy it some day.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Mm, the D-25T is more than good enough to get by at T8, as long as you don't just shoot at center of mass.

3. Run Resize Enable

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, unfortunately, I went all the way down to 900 credits to buy the thing. So I'm rocking the D-2-5T with only the commander properly trained for this tank at the moment. Seems to be a solid tank, though.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Grind credits on other tanks. Tier 8 is not the place to try to make credits. I'm LUCKY if I make a profit on any of my tier 8 matches, even if I win.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I... I want all of the music rendered in beutiful chiptunes form...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=KkDBRPb6EVE
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's.... adorable... I'm glad to see Wargaming can appreciate the humor in the TOG II.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Grind credits on other tanks. Tier 8 is not the place to try to make credits. I'm LUCKY if I make a profit on any of my tier 8 matches, even if I win.

Yep. I've got a nice stable of tricked out Tier 5 tanks (KV-1, Stug III, and M4) for the money making.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

The good news is that with the next update higher tiers will be more profitable to run.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 251