Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211427 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I see now why the AMX 12t is such a letdown. That acceleration is miserable. I've been outrun by T8 TDs. T.T

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Juraz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even that has some workarounds if you snag some of the codes, new nations usually give you an extra tank slot and every new year so far has had a gift tank for the players.

That said, if you just started I reccomend you create a new account using this code: WGGEAR

1k gold, 3 days of premium and a premium tank.

Tried creating an account with that code and it said it was invalid.

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I see now why the AMX 12t is such a letdown. That acceleration is miserable. I've been outrun by T8 TDs. T.T
Hahahaha just wait until you get till the Lorraine40t.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

It's not all bad, though. That top gun on it is better than what a lot of T6 mediums have. Though the terrible gun depression saddens me. Almost as if it were... depressing! ;D

3. Run Resize Enable

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So at what tier does it make sense to slow down and start kitting oht your tank instead of gunning for the next one?

1piemaster1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not all bad, though. That top gun on it is better than what a lot of T6 mediums have. Though the terrible gun depression saddens me. Almost as if it were... depressing! ;D
Yeah once you get to the amx 13 90 though that tank is AMAZING.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

So at what tier does it make sense to slow down and start kitting oht your tank instead of gunning for the next one?

Err...Tier 1?

I try to elite every tank I pass through.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

What's the best way for your crew to earn experience? They've been so slow at it that I usually just pay extra credits for a crew with 75% efficiency.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Err...Tier 1?

I try to elite every tank I pass through.
TBH I usually just skip straight through T1-3 unless they have modules that later tanks will use.

What's the best way for your crew to earn experience? They've been so slow at it that I usually just pay extra credits for a crew with 75% efficiency.
Uh. You should pretty much always be doing that. Better, if you get a crew trained up, don't dismiss them when you sell the tank. Keep them in your barracks and retrain them for the next tank of that nation and type that you buy; 100% crew retrains to something like 83% IIRC.

3. Run Resize Enable

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

I'd say tier 5. For me going from tier 4 to 5 is the jump from easy to obtain to grind it up. Tier 4 tends to be populated with very love it or hate it tanks and some very unpopular ones(I'm looking at you M3 Lee), where as tier 5 has many wonderful choices that you'll be stuck with for a while. KV-1, M4 Sherman, Stug III, M10 Wolverine(At least I hear good about it), AT-2, ELC AMX(Watch it, though, gets sent to higher tiers), T-50-2(Again, also has nasty repair costs I hear). And so forth.

Once you are ready to buy tier 5, get it with the 75% crew. It's a must.

Tier 5 is also considered widely the point where you get into the 'real game' as all aspects have been introduced.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 12:56:37 am by SHAD0Wdump »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd say tier 5. For me going from tier 4 to 5 is the jump from easy to obtain to grind it up. Tier 4 tends to be populated with very love it or hate it tanks and some very unpopular ones(I'm looking at you M3 Lee), where as tier 5 has many wonderful choices that you'll be stuck with for a while. KV-1, M4 Sherman, Stug III, M10 Wolverine(At least I hear good about it), AT-2, ELC AMX(Watch it, though, gets sent to higher tiers), T-50-2(Again, also has nasty repair costs I hear). And so forth.

Once you are ready to buy tier 5, get it with the 75% crew. It's a must.

Tier 5 is also considered widely the point where you get into the 'real game' as all aspects have been introduced.

Ok, thanks! Out of curiosity, what aspects are still missing while I'm at tier 3?

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tier 5 tanks are generally some of the best (non-premium) moneymakers and worth keeping around for later, when you have higher Tier tanks that cost you money to run.

For example, I kept the KV-1, M4 Sherman, and Stug III in my garage even though in my main lines I am on Tier 6 or 7, just because they earn such excellent money and are really fun to drive.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

5 kills. Mastery Badge: Tank Ace. Gunnery Badge. 900 XP.
My lord this Medium MK3 is incredible. It's gun is quick-firing, low damage, and it's slow and long, but damn, there is something about it, Y'know?
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Hah, I had a beautiful coincidence this morning. Adagio for Strings came up in my playlist right as a match started. Everyone ignored normal procedure and either camped in spawn or rushed out across open fields. The song kicked in right as I was watching my team being absolutely massacred all around me as I desperately retreated from enemies I couldn't penetrate. Them feels. :D

3. Run Resize Enable

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

what aspects are still missing while I'm at tier 3?

The metagame changes - at tier 1-3 the game is fast paced - tanks move fast, tanks die fast, matches are (usually) quick, and there's little room for error. Make a mistake and you're back at your garage. The game is less about tactics and more about the grand plan.

Starting at tier 5 and ramping up until about tier 8, the game begins to change. Slower vehicles with more armor, matches can take longer, and you've got some more room for error, especially in the heavies. Angling armor, sidescraping, understanding penetration, ricochets, becoming familiar with other tanks armor layouts and more start opening up. This is when your quality as a player starts to mean more and more.

Of course, tier 1-3 also have a very small map rotation. Have you played on Port yet? Siegfried Line? Maps start opening up, and there are three dozen or so of them.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 03:09:43 pm by Rex_Nex »
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 251