Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211436 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, something interesting happened while I was testing out that dinky Russian SPG.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l4mh5zsx09bo73s/shot_001.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dy16utxr01jt9v2/shot_002.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4d696yvif7mg2s/shot_003.jpg

That match didn't last long and I was laughing too hard to do anything. These three guys started boxing me in claiming that they would protect me, ramming me through into the town and then getting in front of me to absorb shots when we entered contact with no regard for their safety. We lost obviously but it was well worth the hilarious experience XD

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

RU has an OP T3 and T6 and no bad arties.

Germany has a good T4 and good T6, but a very bad T7.

France has no bad or good arties for the most part.

US has a bad T3 and a bad T5, but a good T2, T7, and T8.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In my experience the German arty has the highest arc (Grille, my man!), and at least at T4 German arty has by far the most powerful gun. Various other things: the SU-26 is the only turreted arty in the game but has painfully low range, and the SU-5 can only carry a handful of shells.
The last french arty has a turret too, and can go td-like to finish the wounded  :P

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Rex, out of curiosity are you talking about the S-51 or the SU-14, or both?

For what it's worth, I just had a great match in my IS (TG and 1st class badge), in which a SU-26 did more than three times as much damage to me as their entire heavy pack. Actually, he would have killed me if the RNG hadn't decided to screw him on his final shot. I still would have probably died (he ammoracked me) if a KV-1S hadn't saved my bacon. It was really brilliant positioning on his part; he was sitting behind two pieces of soft cover, and I was ammoracked and driverless in a tank which is already fairly slow and slow to reload, so I couldn't close the gap or shoot through the cover in time.

Just got my AMX 12t, and I already love it, even stock! The annoyance factor of the ELC with a turret! <3
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 11:15:39 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

So after being spammed with all kinds of YouTube, twitch, and even TV! ads, I've decided to give this game a shot.
It's still downloading though, but from what I've seen/heard so far it looks fairly fun. (although I'm premium-allergic, even if WoT has one of the fairer premium deals)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

You don't need premium, frankly. It's convenient but not P2W. I dropped $15 or so early on to buy some extra garage slots, but that's about it, and there are multiple ways to get gold for free, as well as the occasional opportunity for a free garage slot via gift tanks. That, and there are multiple weekly events to boost exp/credit gain and reduce the costs of different tanks and equipment, all of which are available to free players. It's really a very nice setup (even though I still dislike WG for their lackluster PR history).

3. Run Resize Enable

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a quick question. Is the British Medium tree any good?
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Apparently the Cromwell is good. I haven't heard too much about the stuff above it, but the climb to it can be bloody painful at times.

3. Run Resize Enable

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's an invite code (so you must activate it while creating your account), that gives 1000 gold and a premium tank running around. If you haven't created an account with that, I recommend you re-create it (you're probably not that far)

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

...Damn.
There is some sort of a bug that prevents my game from updating (and thus playing). >:(

Help?

Scratch that.
Hopping in, gonna suck miserably and share my impressions.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 12:08:09 pm by DarkDXZ »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I'm having that too, not sure what's the problem, 8.5 is coming this week, but it's too early for that. After ignoring the potential update I got into the game just fine (not sure you can do that if you don't have the latest version installed).

Also the British mediums are pretty awesome. Cromwell is like the E8 except smaller and more nimble. Comet is similar to the T-43 except slightly worse gun and somewhat worse armor angles but a very awesome hulldown capability. Centurions are also pretty good at hulldown but they're not as mobile and are quite big. Their guns are insane tho. The FV4202 isn't all that great of an upgrade but it's a decent T10 medium all in all, the mobility is kinda crappy for the armor it has.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

After a tie, a victory and a defeat, I can say one thing - this is Gear Up on hardcore steroids.
Definitely quite a few micropayments here and there, but from what I can see they aren't very detrimental.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Yea, there are some things you only get with gold, but nothing excessively overpowered now that the gold shells are available for credits. Premium accounts only improve your advancement rate, gold tanks are no better than earned tanks of the same tier. The only thing you really miss out on is expanding your garage beyond the first 5 slots.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Even that has some workarounds if you snag some of the codes, new nations usually give you an extra tank slot and every new year so far has had a gift tank for the players.

That said, if you just started I reccomend you create a new account using this code: WGGEAR

1k gold, 3 days of premium and a premium tank.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a quick question. Is the British Medium tree any good?

The T5 is decent, the T6 is great, and the T7 is good. The rest of the line... meeeeh.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 251