Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211491 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I played enough to save the credits over the weekend to purchase the VK3601H.

That is a strange tank... good, but strange. In some ways it feels like a medium, in some ways a heavy. I'm familar with the "x class that plays like a y" but I've never played one that mixed the features so oddly.

It can't turn for crap, but it's got a quick moving turret.
It's fast, but it's got good armor.
Actual decent and competitive gun stock.

Just odd.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The best thing about are the angles, there's just so many of them that's it's incredibly easy to dance a bit and have your tracks, or the corners, or the gun mantlet eat a shell or two. Definitely one of the tougher bastards in the game.

Also would stand the grind trough the arty just to get those sphere tanks :O

We didn't get something as awesome as that tho, only a special on T1 tanks giving them double credits and having them at half price :I

Edit:

More tales about how some players are quite literally shit.

So I'm my Patton and we're playing Encounter Malinovka and we got the church side. I and our IS-7 along with a few other tanks climb the hill to secure the advantage. We make it to the windmill before being spotted by an enemy T9 Centurion who's hugging the hillside so we can't really shoot him. Shortly afterwards arty shells start raining around us, they have one T7 and three T6 arties, all watching the hill, so there isn't much we can do but wait for them to either die or focus elsewhere. While we wait for our scout to hopefully spot them or even kill them our T7 arty starts raging about us camping, threatens to shoot if we don't attack immedately. I tell him to sod off and that we're not moving until atleast half their arties are dead, so we don't get blown up the moment we move out.

He then oneshots me. I reported his ass and asked others to do so but I kinda doubt he'll get any sort of punishment other than losing a few credits.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 11:17:40 am by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

If he's in a clan, contact their leader about it with screenshots. I did that once with a guy who FFed eight people with his Hetzer and got a reply back inside the day from his clan's head about him being kicked from the group.

e:

So I recently got the upgraded gun for my Grille.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think I'm in love.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 01:25:17 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Living up to my name. (click to show/hide)

Yes, I landed on him. xD

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Why does nobody on my teams know how to act around my AT-2?

Seriously, Almost every single time I've died in my AT-2 has been because team-mates charge ahead of it and die leaving me to get flanked and ganked. If people would just hold back for a few fucking seconds I could get into a brawl with the enemy and eat agro for them so they could do stuff like flanking, but nope gotta throw themselves away leaving the AT-2 alone.

Last battle was perfect example, I'm literally a hill crest away from getting into a brawl with a T1HT, then a friendly Crusader storms past me at the T1HT and promptly dies. I finish off the T1HT and a T-34 comes and circle jerks me to death because the crusader had to go and die.

I will however admit to a liking to that howitzer it has. Oh your sitting up on that ridge behind cover? Lets see what my 94mm HE shell has to say about that.

Oh yea, my blitzkrieg in the 3002DB before they remove the link between the Panther and it is over.

Purchased:
'PzKpfw V Panther' successfully purchased. You have spent credits:  1,380,000.

I mean I know the 3002DB will lead to the Leopard 1 but I'm never going to get tier 9 let alone tier 9 on the German Tree, so eh, maybe I'll go back to it later, but eh.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 05:22:53 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Atleast unlock it for later, since after the patch the trees will be completely separate and you'll have to go from t5 or lower to get to the DB.

@FD, did something similar in my Cromwell. Was stuck with T8 tanks, down to some 200 hp on top of the hill on mines. Blue Danube is playing, and as it reaches the climax I decide to go out in style. So I drive off the edge, land on a Hellcat, kill it, bounce off, get detracked and promptly killed by a nearby Jpz4.

Also the Leo1 is rather meh, for the fragility and ok mobility it has it could really use a higher RoF. As it stands the T62A loses out only on acceleration and top speed with a bit of alpha that is easily made up for by incredible RoF and turret armour.
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Atleast unlock it for later, since after the patch the trees will be completely separate and you'll have to go from t5 or lower to get to the DB.
What are you even talking about? I unlocked the Panther WITH the 3002DB. I don't think you can even unlock the DB with the Panther.

That's what I was blitzkrieging, I wanted to get the Panther unlocked with the DB before the link is broken, I wanted the Panther unlocked and didn't want to bother dealing with the panzer III, III/IV and 3001H.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 02:04:02 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Ah, didn't know that, thought you were comming at it from the VK3001H and chose the Panther over the DB, my bad X)
AS - IG

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

I forgot- is the 85mm gun on the SU85-B better than the 57mm? I don't want to blow 60k credits on a bad gun.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I forgot- is the 85mm gun on the SU85-B better than the 57mm? I don't want to blow 60k credits on a bad gun.

Yes, it's a little better.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

So... i have 180 thousand free xp and 7 million credits... Batchat, E-50M or save the free and get a is-7 wich is fully unlocked?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Hehe, while I was walking trough Les Invalides in Paris today, I saw that one Renault starter tank and instantly recognized it by the little "hat" and the "tail ".

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

https://soundcloud.com/neuffy/neuffys-karelian-rhapsody

Someone made a World of Tanks Bohemian Rhapsody.
Steam Profile

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm sure some people noticed already, but WoT's 2nd Anniversary is coming up, so be sure to check out all the specials.

Plus, we get this nifty new garage~

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

While looking spiffy it's killing my performance :C
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 251