Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211523 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Rebought the KT thanks to the special, still pretty damn fun of a tank. Also unlocked the ISU finally, not sure if I want to buy it just yet tho, the 80-ish thousands of xp needed for the BL-10 is a bit intimidating. Progress on the T-43 is stellar tho, pretty much just like the T-34-85, incredible DPM, just don't get noticed :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wergh, I haven't been able to get on for a few days. Though, I'm not upset over it really, since the reason is that my roomie has discovered world of tank and wants to play all the time. However, we only have one comp that can really run it(mine), and I STILL can't remember what WG's policy is on two accounts sharing the same internet connection, so I'm hesitant to have it running on two comps anyways....
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Doesn't exist afaik since me and my roomie have been happilly platooning from the same connection for quite a while.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ah then, just need to get a better comp for him :)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

UGH! How the hell do people even use Medium tanks? I have one: the tier-2 British tank. Its accuracy and view distance suck, it's slower than a snail...oh, and it has worse armor than my tier-1 light tanks. My tier-2 light tank has triple the armor on all sides. I'm so much better in light tanks; hell, even my crappy French TD has survived a few rounds and scored some kills!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

UGH! How the hell do people even use Medium tanks? I have one: the tier-2 British tank. Its accuracy and view distance suck, it's slower than a snail...oh, and it has worse armor than my tier-1 light tanks. My tier-2 light tank has triple the armor on all sides. I'm so much better in light tanks; hell, even my crappy French TD has survived a few rounds and scored some kills!

That would be among the worst tanks in the game, medium or otherwise. They get better (at least in the non British lines, have not looked to see how the british mediums fare all  that much).
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile

Recently bought a Hummel and it is fun to play with.

I'm just sitting there throwing bombs over the entire map and then when an enemy closes in because our team was once again too stupid to guard the left flank, I put in two shells before I die.

Glorious.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile

The medium MkII and MkIII are terrible, terrible tanks. Their only bonuses are decently powerful guns, but those are let down by terrible accuracy. The Matilda's slow as hell, but has armour comparable to the KV-1, along with a fast firing 2-pounder with 121 pen. Sure, it only hits for 50, but it pens everything you meet, and you're tier 4. 50's not that bad.

The other mediums are entirely different beasts. The Cromwell's a lightly armoured flanker with a gun similar to that on the old Pz IV, the Comet's the same thing, the Centurions are snipers, and the tier 10's a jack of all trades.

I love my Cromwell, like the Matilda, and hate the MkII and III. Not tried any of the others yet. Matilda's great when it's top tier, an angled matilda bounces an awful lot of stuff.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Pretty much that. British tanks are rubbish up until the Cromwell, with the exception of the Matilda. Though to be honest I couldn't stand the glacial top speed, so I sold it pretty quickly.

As for the other medium lines, the American ones are pretty good once you hit the Sherman variants, the Soviet ones are good (or maybe that's just me; I did love the T-28 enough to keep it around for a long time), and the German ones... are good once you get to the various VKs. I personally couldn't stand the PzIV, even fully upgraded.

I might not be the best judge, though, because apart from my Shermans, KV-13, and Soviet heavies, I'm very much a light/TD mix person.

Incidentally, on the subject of nasty, nasty tanks, the M5A1 Stuart is obscene, especially when you get lucky and have a T4 light/medium match.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would not put together good and VK 3001 (H) in one sentence, unless it also contained an odd number of negations.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Okay, I'll concede that. What I meant was: they're comparatively better than the PzIV or PzIII/IV when matched against other lines in the same tiers. They're still made out of paper, slow, and have mediocre guns, but with the 8.8cm they at least have a chance at doing meaningful damage without peek-shooting from the back with the derp. Or doing nothing at all, in the case of the III/IV.

3. Run Resize Enable

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Pretty much that. British tanks are rubbish up until the Cromwell
My Crusader and I agree that this opinion is Rubbish. :P CRUSADER POWER!

Infact my experience has been opposite compared to a lot of people when dealing with the Crusader and cromwell, for me the Crusader is a Joy to drive and I enjoy it profusely, the Cromwell so far has done nothing but let me down and I've yet to actually have that many fun rounds with it.

Also reading this: http://themittani.com/news/wot-serb-facts-round

SerB says "many" famous people are playing WoT.
I wonder who?

In other news, finally elited the KV-3... again. (Was elited when it was tier 6, lost its elite status when it was moved to tier 7) Meaning that I actually have two tier 8s unlocked...which is utter madness to me, I'm definitely not going to buy a KV-4, I don't really have that much interest in the IS-4 line, plus I barely drive my IS-3 as it is.

The extra moneyshells leaves me tempted to actually break down and get myself a VK3002(DB) such a purchase would leave me in a rather good position for either going for the panther if I so choose or even the future Leopard 1 line they will be adding. Plus its not a Tiger.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

SerB says "many" famous people are playing WoT.
I wonder who?
Putin. Who else?  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The extra moneyshells leaves me tempted to actually break down and get myself a VK3002(DB) such a purchase would leave me in a rather good position for either going for the panther if I so choose or even the future Leopard 1 line they will be adding. Plus its not a Tiger.

I find it a rather "meh" tank. Unlike the Panther it has the speed and mobility to be actually called a medium tank, but that gun selection is horrifying. I'm actually using the same one I used on the VK 3001H, which was "ok" for a tier 6, but just doesn't cut it for a tier 7 tank.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 06:08:16 pm by Chosrau »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Alt.: That match had so many campers that we set up tents.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 251