Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211530 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

The new Panzers are bastards. Especially the Pz. I C. That bastard can just keep spraying bullets forever, and it's scratch damage but it builds up like crazy. They don't even have to shoot you with it, though, they can just keep you huddled behind a rock waiting for the fucking nightmare to just stop please just stop.

Also I can't kill them in 1 hit with the derp on my M2, which really sucks.

Dingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingding. :3

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

The new Panzers are bastards. Especially the Pz. I C. That bastard can just keep spraying bullets forever, and it's scratch damage but it builds up like crazy. They don't even have to shoot you with it, though, they can just keep you huddled behind a rock waiting for the fucking nightmare to just stop please just stop.

Also I can't kill them in 1 hit with the derp on my M2, which really sucks.

Dingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingdingding. :3
This is the interview for the management training course is it?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I call the little Pz I's "Instant Steel Walls" for my tier 5s =D

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

I just unlocked the is7, is it much better than the is-4 wich I already have? I probably only need 1 soviet tier 10.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I guess that depends... the IS7 is a much better platform, the IS4 has a more dependable gun. IS7 has great armor, acceptable speed, and its not too big (like the IS4). On the other hand, the IS7's cannon is the worst cannon of any tier 10 tank. Low DPM, moderate alpha, moderate pen, terrible accuracy, terrible aimtime, no gun depression... even the Maus' trumps it, imho.

Up to you. If I were you I'd save your cash.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it me or is the Luchs even more fun than before the patch, despite receiving tier 4 scout MM? That 3cm is so troll.

Speaking of Luchs, I just got into a tier 4 match at abbey, and went to town. I went 1 line into the hills, swerved into the split, and at the end where the path rejoined, ran into a Pz 1C-literally! Instant destruction of the poor little pz 1c by full speed ram of a luchs. That set the tone for this match as I kamikazed 2 other tanks and took out a AFK luchs with the MK 103(though kamikazing that covanenter  was the finisher for me, but oh well that was a hella fun match!)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hate the UC 2-pdr. But more than once I've gotten really lucky with it and almost gotten top gun.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Am I hallucinating or is this week's tech tree focus french heavies?! I can finally buy my M4 45 I had unlocked!
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Just got my Mastery and a Sniper on my KV-2, in a 1,200ish exp match (without bonus) by pulling one out of the bag. It was a neutral flag match on Ensk and ended up with me vs. a T-34-85, T-25, and whatever the T4 french arty is, all of them full health. The only thing I'm more thankful for than the 152mm is the fact that the T-34-85 decided to get cute and circle around repeatedly to attack from different angles instead of rushing me after I made my one miss. :3

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The PZ I C is now to be reffered to as Steel Rain.

Motherfucking great fun that one!

Also as much as I love the new Luchs it's top gun (the flak thingy) is seriously a big tease, can never finish anything off with just a single magazine :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, they seriously need to drop drum reload by 2-4 seconds, its a little too slow to be all that great

Just got a few games in with my AMX M4. Two things I've noted: The less armor is not so good, but the increased health does average out survivability compared with the ARL(though I'm doubting I'll be getting so many steel walls anymore)

Also, really needed to bank a BIT more cash before buying. I was only able to afford to retrain my crew and buy the 90mm F3 with the leftover cash from purchasing this tank, which means everything else is stock. Which means, this thing is slow as shit until I can grind the cash for the second engine -_-

Edit: Second Engine bought, now I'm at least as mobile as my ARL, which isn't bad I suppose. Really cannot goddamn wait until I can mount the second turret that fits the DCA 45, since the game seems to be having fun throwing me into tier IX matches with this thing -_-
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:51:54 am by tryrar »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Goddammit, I spawn on Karelia on assault in my AMX M4 with us as attackers, so I decide to provide long range support(which is what the M4 is best at) by climbing the hill. Did I mention I was top tank? Well, it seems having me as top tank climbing the hill is a cue for HALF THE FUCKING TEAM TO CLIMB HILL, wether or not they're good at support from ong range. Even after I tell them to get off the hill, they still set up a hillcamp and we lose horribly
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 04:03:00 am by tryrar »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guh. Bad night. Teams telling me I'm terrible because I don't have any ammo left after dealing 4.6k damage with my T6 and losing. Another guy telling me I am worst@tanks because I didn't camp the slope of the hill on Karelia and instead insisted on actually lighting up their tanks.

I know I'm not the greatest tank player, but cmon:

Does that look like someone who needs to be told whether to camp or not? :[

Oh well. Going to bug some b12ers tomorrow and have a go with buds instead of solofailing.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hehehehe, 1 shot on a tiger II in my AMX 13f3, 1016 damage. Normally I'd only be hitting them for ~200, but when a full-pen hit happens it is glorious

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hehehehe, 1 shot on a tiger II in my AMX 13f3, 1016 damage. Normally I'd only be hitting them for ~200, but when a full-pen hit happens it is glorious

Tigers (ALL Tiger tanks) are extremely lovely arty targets. 80mm side armour, even on the tier 9 JagdTiger. Only tanks that suffer more from arty are prob the T34s. Slightly bad positioning, hell, bad luck, and they're dead.
And don't forget, French arty has mainly lower damage than other SPGs.

Never, EVER position yourself with your side vulnerable to arty unless you are 101% sure (141% for Russians) that they can't hit you.
I typically oneshot the following because of this (S-51/Obj 212): T-44, T-54, IS-6, IS-8. Though I don't oneshot it because of high HP, brit t10 heavy also gets it. Tigers generally face enemy or snipe from far (or I don't encounter them) so they aren't so endangered. T-34 (and other US heavies) can get unlucky and die, though there's a chance to hit the turret and not pen. As long as they aren't facing directly at your SPG, they can be killed off in one shot.

I guess I'm evil, but it's so lovely to punish people for mistakes. Favourite moment was killing a JagdTiger on Siegfried Line in town, when it tried to charge our Type 59. 1764 dmg, then I got the message that I destroyed it, didn't even hear "We torched them.", it just died.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 251