Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211541 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

So the Leo1 is looking pretty spiffy:

Seriously considering getitng the DB and starting on that line, but other tanks are calling to me :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

I've bought less than half of my garage slots. most of them came from tank splits during server updates.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile

I've bought less than half of my garage slots. most of them came from tank splits during server updates.
oh yeah, They split the old KV into the KV-1 and KV-2 didn't they. Forgot I got a free slot for that lol.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

oh yeah, They split the old KV into the KV-1 and KV-2 didn't they. Forgot I got a free slot for that lol.
yup, and they split the french line, and there were more splits on russian, and a few on the american line, and you get a slot when you use a special code to get get a free premium such as the tetrarch.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

So far it was as follows:
KV > KV-1 and KV-2
KV-3 > T-150 and KV-3
IS-4 > IS-4 and IS-8
AMX 12t > ELC Amx and AMX 12t
T34 > T34 and M103

That and two NY gift tanks, plus the premium I got for being a CBT and a premium I got for that code one time and atleast four bought slots gives me a total of twenty spots. I'm using about 15 of them, it's bound to shrink sooner or later but right now It's either tanks I need or tanks I really enjoy playing so there's not much wasted space.
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seriously considering getitng the DB and starting on that line, but other tanks are calling to me :C

I considered/did the same thing... in another 10k XP or so I should be done with the DB, which would be great. The thing is bad, but you can push it up to merely mediocre if you spam nothing but gold. Still one of the worst T7 mediums, imho. 130 pen/220 damage and 150 pen/135 damage on a large, sluggish medium with no real armor to bounce anything of its tier and up.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Yeah, went ahead and bought it, not near anything cool yet and I've had it unlocked for ages now. I'm not disliking the stock turret plus 75/l70 setup that much but the complete lack of ammo (serously, 36 shells on a spam happy gun?) is a major drawback.

Hopefully the Indien Panzer is better, from the leaks it looks like a Lowe with a different hull (major slopes everywhere), some 35-40 tons and around a 750HP engine with a gun that is comparable to the top 90mm on the Pershing. Should make for a fun combination.
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Ran up against an... AT-2, I think it was. Damn me but those things are thick. I was putting shells from the top T49 gun into his rear and side armor from <50m away and they weren't penetrating.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

....the rear and side armors of an AT-2 are 101mm thick. I THINK the t49 should still pen, but it's better to just find weakspots to shoot(and don't even bother from the front. 203mm armor is so troll at tier 5)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Some jerkass on my team rammed my TD so hard that I lost nearly half my HP and got shoved out of my hiding place...sideways. Didn't even slow down so I could detach easily, just kept pushing me along  >:(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Mweheheh. Bwahahahaha! The PzI C is so absurdly good. With everything stock except for the second (long) autocannon, I did the following in my first match with it: Got my 1st class thing. Got 2 ribbons. Got 5 kills. Hit 90km/h. Most of those kills were from face-to-face battles with British TDs. So, I thought that it was good. And then I unlocked everything. Ye gods, that top autocannon/MG is terrifying. I killed a Hetzer and a Medium III with one barrage each, nonstop impacts for a solid 3-4 seconds. The only thing that stopped me was a Matilda, naturally. XD

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hurrah! After tonight's session of abusing the obviously overpowered HEAT on the M4 Sherman (Ended with 90% winrate after ~40 games!) and abusing the 100% cred and 1/2 price ammo, I managed to make a couple million and finally afford my E-100!

That puts me at 6 endtiers, I think. The GW Typ E, E-100, IS4, IS7, T110E5, and T-62A. The IS4/7 are pretty lackluster, but I enjoy the others. The E-100 has been good to me so far, but I definitely need to grind the 17cm cannon!

Why is it so hard for me to get bored of the game? Maybe I'm addicted :[

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It turns out there is a limit on the number of tanks you can sell in a day... I had no idea.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

They did that in case someone hijacked your account and decided to have fun with it. Not sure how useful beyond annoying people who mass sell stuff it is actually :S
AS - IG

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

The new Panzers are bastards. Especially the Pz. I C. That bastard can just keep spraying bullets forever, and it's scratch damage but it builds up like crazy. They don't even have to shoot you with it, though, they can just keep you huddled behind a rock waiting for the fucking nightmare to just stop please just stop.

Also I can't kill them in 1 hit with the derp on my M2, which really sucks.
Nothing important here, move along.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 251