Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211542 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

I seem to be lucky. While I have had my share of stupid team-kills, thanks to being a recurrent TD-user whenever a tank gets between me and my enemy, they often take the shell for me. And then I use their corpses as cover.
Nothing important here, move along.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

As far as machineguns and autocannons go the Pz2 is the queen bitch of murder in that regard. Hands down one of the best T2 tanks with it's top gun, I think it still holds my 11 kill record :D

Also absuredly fun to play :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just managed to do an epic shell dodge with an ELC. It's not that uncommon to get out of the way of some Tier 8 Heavy Doomshell by swiveling to the left or right at the last moment, but what happened this time goes further than that.

Only me, in my ELC, and enemy ELC were left alive, jousting it out in his capture zone. As everybody who has done ELC jousting before knows, 2 hits and it's over, so whoever gets the advantage(first hit) most likely wins. I manage to get behind him and come to a stop but my shot misses and he begins turning towards me. Instead of trying to keep out of his firing cone I decide to take him head on, as he was already damaged so there was a slim chance for a one hit kill.

In the very moment he levels his gun on me and shoots, our tanks collide head on and because ELCs are so very, very light our fronts get lifted up the ground and his shot goes way above me. After that it was just a matter of keeping him bumper to bumper and getting that 2 shots in, winning the game. Even got a Top Gun out of this game.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

lol that is so awesome!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Very Twisted Metalesque.

* Flying Dice applauds.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

8.4 is out. Pz. I is all autocannons (except for the Pz. I C, whose highest gun... is a medium machine gun >.> )

Haven't tried the other new stuff yet.

Apparently, top 100 of each tank get gold, different amounts for different tiers.

I'm not getting any, definitely, at least not with the Pz. I
Nothing important here, move along.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Wait...there's a way to earn gold without paying for it now?!

Oh my yes. One day I'll get to the top...somehow.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ugh, the route to the Hummel from the PzIII/IV was removed, making the  25k experience I'd saved toward it useless. That's disappointing.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just started playing this today, man it was good. I've decided German steel is the way to go, and I'm actually doing quite well. I killed three guys in my first match, and I've got a Panzerjager 1 and a Panzer 2 already. I can't seem to find the Bay12 channel though, whenever I search for it it doesn't come up.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It gets automatically removed if no one is in it - I'll start it back up in a bit if someone hasn't already =)

Apparently the new PzI C is hilariously overpowered. Good armor, amazing speed, a looooong autocannon... gunna get me one :)

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It gets automatically removed if no one is in it - I'll start it back up in a bit if someone hasn't already =)

Apparently the new PzI C is hilariously overpowered. Good armor, amazing speed, a looooong autocannon... gunna get me one :)
Thanks! I'd appreciate getting to talk/play with other Bay12er's.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

I just started playing this today, man it was good. I've decided German steel is the way to go, and I'm actually doing quite well. I killed three guys in my first match, and I've got a Panzerjager 1 and a Panzer 2 already. I can't seem to find the Bay12 channel though, whenever I search for it it doesn't come up.
That is the route I went, they are fine average tanks, but they don't seem to have anything that stands out as great. I've since branched out, but it helps that i have more than 30 tanks slots by now.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

30?! Good gods man, how much did you spend on this game? I've got one slot per nation, plus an extra slot in case I find something I really want to keep.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds like at least a few slots were bought, but I've got 14 at the moment without spending a dime or going out of my way to game the system. If you were in it from the beginning and took advantage of every tech tree change they made(which often ended up giving you free tanks and slots to go with them if you had the right things unlocked) I can see having close to 30.

I've been playing around with the tier 2 british td today... wow that thing is terrible. I don't think I've ever experienced anything that so completely fails to live up to its  name as that. A tank destroyer that can't destroy tanks. I've taken to just loading up nothing but HE and just hoping I can contribute by wearing down a few HP here or there. To be fair, I don't have the top tier gun unlocked yet, but it doesn't look much better from the stats.

On the other hand, double M4 credits, a tank that's already wildly profitable and fun to boot. I can't complain about that.

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile

Not played WoT for a while, but I bought plenty of slots. Thing is though, wargaming tends to give out free tanks and garage slots every now and then, which is a very nice addition since they don't really have to do that.

Also I was one of the first people to buy a troll-59 way back when, glorious little vehicle. Right now I should really be grinding my IS-3 and Obj 212 but dear lord I'm not sure why but I hate the IS-3. BL-9 bouncing off stuff is ridiculous, and the pikehead really doesn't seem to deflect anything of the same tier-- and the obj 212 is... well, it's smaller than the Slug-14, that's about all I can say for it.

The new soviet TD tree is fun as hell though, even if it does lack alpha.

Max kills so far is 9 in the Su-26 (Best arty ingame, bar none) which was quickly superceded by 10 kills in a su-100-- which isn't really fair. the entire enemy team was made of noobs in that match.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 251