Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211558 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Goddamn I love my AMX 13f3! I've gotten above 4 kills in it twice so far in about 5 games(it was rare to get above 2 kills in my 105am!)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

So I decided to try my first tier II tank. Picked up the French TD because I kinda liked the design.

I'm sorely regretting my choice. Even with every upgrade I can give it (for some reason, the game won't let me research or purchase a more powerful engine, even though it's right there on the tech tree), it's one of the slowest things on the battlefield, not to mention highly inaccurate and not all that powerful. I think it has survived one battle so far.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

So I decided to try my first tier II tank. Picked up the French TD because I kinda liked the design.

I'm sorely regretting my choice. Even with every upgrade I can give it (for some reason, the game won't let me research or purchase a more powerful engine, even though it's right there on the tech tree), it's one of the slowest things on the battlefield, not to mention highly inaccurate and not all that powerful. I think it has survived one battle so far.

TD's can be punishing for a new player. until you get to the high end td's with godly frontal armor, they rely on the stealth mechanics to survive. Just try to hide in a bush near the action and wait to fully aim before taking a shot. Its also nice to have rock nearby to scurry behind for when you get spotted.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TD's can be punishing for a new player. until you get to the high end td's with godly frontal armor, they rely on the stealth mechanics to survive. Just try to hide in a bush near the action and wait to fully aim before taking a shot. Its also nice to have rock nearby to scurry behind for when you get spotted.
For what it's worth, I have tried this. Hell, I usually keep my tank hidden in order to snipe, which works better on some models then others.. It's just that somehow I always get spotted, usually after I shoot, but I can never see who is shooting at me.

At one point I took cover behind a large rock after taking some damage, and got ready to shoot anyone to come after me. A light tank careened around the corner, I missed my short-range shot, and it rammed me to finish me off :P

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Our team is up, 14-9. I am top tier in my IS. Last enemy has about 1/8th his HP left. I pull out, start to line up my shot... and as my finger drops down to the mouse button, a Churchill I pulls right in front of me. Boom, shot from the 122mm D-25t at point blank range into his back turret armor. He gives me a sarcastic "nice," game ends before I can tell him what he did.

So not only do I not get the kill, but I pay 6K for repairs and lose about 70 experience. Why do people pull in front of their teammates who are clearly aiming and then act surprised when they are hit?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

So if any of you are looking for a quick buck here's how you can do it with the upcoming patch (coming out Wendsday/Thursday) : http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/217469-84-investment-opportunity/#top
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

....I've had that happen so many times mal it's not even funny, though in my case the people accidently shoot do seem to acknowledge they were the ones who fucked up and moved into the shot
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

Y'know, I was excited for the German tech tree focus. I'm running up two lines now, and I figured if nothing else I might be able to get some extra cash out of it.

Turns out it's only a discount. A very good discount, mind you... but I'm on the StuG III and still quite a ways away from the JgdPzIV, and I wasn't even planning on buying it immediately anyway.
Nothing important here, move along.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've stuck in the StuG III and love it. It is exactly what I want a TD to be, and I've heard bad things about the JgdPzIV... so I just use the StuG for credits and whenever I feel like playing a TD. With 100% crew, camo, and vents, this thing is mean and earns a ton of credits.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm the same way with the Stug, although I don't feel it earns a huge amount of credits. It is just plain fun though. I get into the Stug and win or lose, I'm almost certain I'm going to have a good time.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

The JagdPzIV... to a certain extent, yes. The gun depression will certainly depress you after the StuG, but once you get the 88mm it's a decent tank. Not good, mind you, between the paper-thin armor, poor depression, and large hull, but capable of doing well without a terrible amount of effort.

Our team is up, 14-9. I am top tier in my IS. Last enemy has about 1/8th his HP left. I pull out, start to line up my shot... and as my finger drops down to the mouse button, a Churchill I pulls right in front of me. Boom, shot from the 122mm D-25t at point blank range into his back turret armor. He gives me a sarcastic "nice," game ends before I can tell him what he did.

So not only do I not get the kill, but I pay 6K for repairs and lose about 70 experience. Why do people pull in front of their teammates who are clearly aiming and then act surprised when they are hit?

Because people are stupid. I tend to laugh at them, like the ELC I derped last night because he drove between me and the heavy I was sighting in on.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So apparently machine guns are piss-weak. 10 penetrating hits on an enemy tank add up to about 17 damage :P

Add in their inaccuracy and ridiculously long reload time, and I'm not sure why anyone uses them. Can't even use premium or explosive ammo!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

BECAUSE PEWPEWPEW.

Seriously, the Cruiser II(?) with the MG is absurdly fun to play, and it works well against T1-2s.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess that makes sense, but I'm always going up against things at or above my tier. I can't help but think that an actual cannon would be more effective.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, machine guns work well on tight maps against most tier 1-2 enemies, otherwise, mostly useless. Using them on a tier 1 tank can be fun... but using them on a tier 2 tank puts you at risk of being completely useless.

This has happened to me so much lately it's not funny. Often happens to me when I'm tracked as well, but more than once I've been put in a situation where if I could of gotten a shot off I could have probably killed the enemy before they shot me and killed me, but someone ducked in front, blocked my shot, and instead I get hit and they get off free.

But yeah, more than once I've put a shot into the back of someone's turret accidentally.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 251