Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211565 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've TK'd a few times, sometimes accidental, sometimes not, but I'm particularly ashamed of this recent one, because I think I was goaded into it.

I was in my IS, lining up a great shot at an enemy on the flag, suddenly this stug comes up behind me and rams me, throwing off my shot. I curse and line up again, same stug rams me again and throws me off again, and by that time I"d lost the shot completely, so I just turn, notice he's at 5%, don't care, and just send 122mm of AP point blank into his flank. Felt good... but I know i shouldn't have done it.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just bought my T20 on sale today, and I like it quite a bit so far. Certainly helps that I Top Gun'd the first match I ever had in it... which was made even sweeter by some guy on the other team whining, calling me a noob and a kid, and making fun of me for being stock. I honestly don't understand people like that... the lack of self awareness and control is startling, as is their petulant attitude. Does their complaining make the game more enjoyable for them? I don't really get it.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Well damn right you shouldn't have done it, waste of ammo, should have just rammed the little bastard to death.

The worst kind of friendly fire tho is from arty, since if you get damaged from HE splash you get zero compensation for it. It's especially bad if the player is enogh of a dick to shoot into a brawl with a high tier arty, not caring what he hits, got splashed for 1.3k damage in my T32 once, next shot from the enemy finished me and I got absolutely no compensation for it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

If i shoot as arty with a friendly in my circle, it is generally because that friendly is doomed if I don't shoot.

bumper to bumper with a pack of type 59's? Yup, I'm going to shoot you all. At least that way the enemy isn't the one getting xp.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I generally don't try to shoot into a melee with my amx 105AM, bad things tend to happen
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Indeed. Was in my T-44 shooting up a lone Type. He was down to about 500 HP, so I load up an APCR round and crest the hill towards him. Our Hummel doesn't really care though, and is willing to make the gamble that he'll hit the Type. Naturally he misses and hits the back of my turret for roughly 1,000 damage and ammoracks me while knocking off my aim and forcing an APCR shell into the ground.

It was pretty bad :[

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well fuck, I've just been reminded just how TOUGH a KV can be, after mine took 35 hits and still lived. Damn
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Well fuck, I've just been reminded just how TOUGH a KV can be, after mine took 35 hits and still lived. Damn

You'd think after like ten they would of learned of the KVs weakspots. :P
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

You'd think after like ten they would of learned of the KVs weakspots. :P

Its the kv part isn't it?

I mostly play tier 8 these days, so yes, the whole kv is a weak spot.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's a rather large area on the front of the KV that's impenetrable to any cannon below ~150mm, regardless of pen :3

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

One thing I don't get is how people always talk about 'aiming for weak spots' as if there was a way to shoot an enemy tank accurately in the squishy bits other than the squishy bits being large, being right next to the tank, or praying that the Gaussian distribution is lucky. Yes, I /would/ like to shoot the tank through the driver's viewport, thank you, but when the game likes to make my shots completely miss because a millimeter-square section of the magic circle was not overlapping the tank, I'll take any hit it gives me.
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Honestly, it's easier than you would think. I've had plenty of duels where both I and my opponent managed a tight cluster around MG ports and viewports. If you rotate around to the front of your tank after fighting someone who knows how to play well, you'll usually see their shell scars clustered around your weak points.

That aside, if the only hope you have of penetrating an enemy's armor is to aim for a small area of their armor... why wouldn't you? Unless the disparity is so great that I'll get penetration regardless of where I hit or I'm driving circles while shooting from 3rd person, I always try to aim for weak spots. After all, even if I miss them, I'll still hit the tank.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile

That's actually one of my issues. Since I'm often playing a TD, and therefore either sniping or trying really hard not to die, I'm either far enough that any hit at all is a good hit... or I'm backing away and laying down as much fire as possible, hoping to kill them first, assuming I'm even shooting and not hauling ass as fast as I can.

I can't say I don't try to exploit weak spots at all, since if I am forced to be a rat in a corner (or I'm playing a tank that's better at exploiting them than a TD) I will try and shoot somewhere I know I can damage versus somewhere I can't (which disturbingly often turns into shooting at the drive wheels since I don't know half the tanks' weak spots).
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

There's an incomplete guide, but as before the common ones are the hull MG mounts, viewports, the commander's cupola, and the turret ring (if visible). Those are pretty much universal, save for a few tanks that don't have one or two of them for whatever reason. If you're really dedicated, you can memorize the ones for popular tanks beyond the universal weakpoints.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Alright, I'm currently downloading this. Should be done sometime this century.

Any handy tips for newbies? Personal favorite nations or vehicles?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 251