Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211549 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1740 on: February 17, 2013, 11:32:04 am »

Actually the 57 on the T-34 has nearly identical RoF, 10 more damage per shot and slightly higher pen values. But you can't beat that hulldown capability of the Crusader, simply awesome on certain maps :D

Edit: The 57 is also a lot more accurate with comparable aim time making it better at pulling off medium range shots.

57mm: 17 and change RPM.
6 pdr. Mk V: 27 and change RPM.

Besides, it's 2mm more penetration and 10 more damage. The accuracy I'll concede, but that doesn't change the fact that the T-34's best gun is also the best gun for the T-28 and T-50-2. Pretty much the only T5 medium with a clearly worse top gun is the M7. TBH, I'm skipping it entirely and will eventually feed into the T-43 via the KV-13. :-\

On another note, apparently the ELC AMX doesn't have 360 degree turret rotation. More proof that it's actually just a really fast TD?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1741 on: February 17, 2013, 11:39:43 am »

You're looking at the stock turret. With the upgraded turret the T-34's RoF is 26.09

The T-34's cannon is a lot better, but the chassis it's on isn't nearly as good as the Crusader's.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: February 17, 2013, 12:25:49 pm »

Ah, derp, forgot about that.

But yes, the T-34's chassis is pretty close to the A-20's, and that was only good because it was light enough to go really fast in straight lines. Granted, the T-34 isn't a bad tank, it just sort of pales in comparison to the M4 and PzIV.  :-\

More to the point, I seem to run into trouble against Crusaders a lot more frequently because they're fast and agile enough to get past me and do damage, rather than get drawn into a long ranged duel.

3. Run Resize Enable

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1743 on: February 17, 2013, 01:22:29 pm »

The ELC doesn't really play like a td though.

It is a dedicated scout.

And its gun is used when playing chicken with other tanks to smack them around a bit before you run away.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: February 17, 2013, 01:38:11 pm »

Agreed. But for some reason half the people I talk to in-game insist that it isn't a scout. In any case, that low profile is delightfully trollish.

3. Run Resize Enable

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: February 17, 2013, 03:06:19 pm »

ELC actually does well as a TD, but it's most fun when played as a scout, zooming around. Gun is still most effective when you get in some tank's rear end or side when they're against some terrain, making it hard for them to move away from you.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: February 17, 2013, 03:44:36 pm »

I one-shotted a full health M6 straight through the frontal armor with plain HE last night, and did the same to the side of a KV-1S.

Heh, yeah, I once killed a T29 in one hit from full health with a single HE round, and just nabbed an M6 in one shot yesterday. Granted, there was also an engine fire on the T29, but hey. It's delicious to get pretty much guaranteed one shot kills against all the VK3601s, and of course the tier V heavies. I've also found that the turret is surprisingly bouncy, if shot at from the front... most people end up hitting the massive mantle, even with tons of room elsewhere to hit. My biggest gripes with the KV-2 are that it's completely dependent on teammates not getting themselves killed, and that it's almost always the preferred target for arty. People don't seem to realize that it's a monster at blocking chokepoints, if given support, and helps create a facade of instant death that halts most pushes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: February 17, 2013, 03:47:01 pm »

Agreed, the most frustrating thing is for your teammates to ignore that you have a reload time longer than most arty, who just leave you to die in between shots. It's a fun tank, but it's also very firmly in the 'support' role.

3. Run Resize Enable

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: February 17, 2013, 03:48:52 pm »

It is a dedicated scout.

It can be, but it's definitely a waste of firepower to send it out instead of a real scout. If you've got a T-50, A-20 etc. it's probably best to let that 240 damage/170 pen cannon hang back and do some damage until you really need a scout.

With that said, it's definitely a good scout, too. The only issues I have with it are that 1. it's bad at killing arty when it finds it and 2. it's so light that the lightest tap by a defender will ruin your tracks and HP, if not outright kill you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: February 17, 2013, 04:47:54 pm »

Good luck hitting it, though, when it can be completely hidden by a meter-high rise. I swear, the crew must ride as if they were on Troncycles or something.

3. Run Resize Enable

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: February 17, 2013, 05:43:51 pm »

This is how I imagine the crew, except with more baguette.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just had a fight in the T-50 with one tier VII heavy on each team, two tier V mediums, one arty, and the rest tier IV lights. It was absurd.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: February 17, 2013, 05:45:32 pm »

I've had a few like that recently as well. Nothing like a field full of lights acting like they're pistol-wielding cavalry driving circles around each other.

3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: February 17, 2013, 07:40:29 pm »

I wonder what it looks like when there's a credit boost for lights...

30 T-50s and A-20s zipping around everywhere.
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: February 17, 2013, 11:06:13 pm »

Just had a match in my M5A1. It ended up as a 9:4 match in our favor. Their KV-1 was faffing about in a corner, while their Churchill 1, T-28, and M3 Stuart were sitting on the point. My entire team sat and hid as the base counter ticked down. I ended up racing across the entire map (only made it because a Luchs suicided on one of them to reset), and by the time I got there it was nearly back up, and the rest of my team was literally hiding just out of sight range. I pegged the M3, someone got the T-28 during my approach, and I circled the Churchill pinging him while my teammates pecked him to death from cover. To top it all off, I managed to get the killshot on the KV-1 by hitting a viewport or something. feelsgoodman.jpg

Yeah, almost lost a match because seven people were terrified of fighting a Churchill 1 and a damaged T-28.

3. Run Resize Enable

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: February 18, 2013, 01:59:31 am »

Oh man, those Churchills, man. Armorless, slow, low alpha... truly the things of nightmares. I would of ran for it if I was them.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 251