Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211515 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1650 on: February 02, 2013, 07:32:07 pm »

...how the heck did you manage that?????
My team was getting creamed, and I darted through fire to get down there, hoping that they'd forget about me and I could get a few flanking shots after they passed. Suffice to say, I couldn't get back up. Most of them did forget I was there, though, except for a VK, which drew a whole swarm down on me. Thing was, only the VK could actually depress far enough to hit me, so the IS-6 decided that the proper approach was to charge down the slope. After I died I saw him drive off that way to try and get back up, at which point I lost visibility. A few seconds later that section of ice broke and pretty much the entire deadchat started cracking up. xD

ed: Heheheh, just rammed a Hetzer so hard with my T-50 that it nearly flipped onto its side. I'm talking maybe a 75 degree angle between the ground and the bottom of his hull.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 09:21:24 pm by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1651 on: February 02, 2013, 09:57:44 pm »

Did something similar to a Grille in my ELC AMX. Was on a map with railroad tracks, ran around the edge of the map to attack their arty, missed my shot as I ran up beside them, ramped off of a railroad track and hit the grille pretty high on its side, pushing it over onto one track and probably not 75 degrees, but well over 45. Stayed that way as well until an enemy turned around a put a couple of shots into me. Grille managed to wiggle its way out from under me after that. It was great.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: February 02, 2013, 10:44:21 pm »

Heheh, I can imagine.

Just had a rather strange start with the KV-1S's top gun. I pinged a few heavies; sure, bad luck. Then I pinged a Hummel with a 90 degree shot into the side. o.0

Of course the next match it was doing very well.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: February 04, 2013, 02:40:43 pm »

Code: [Select]
'IS-3' successfully purchased. You have spent credits:  2,568,500.
Never thought I'd actually see that, I'm not going to lie. An actual motherfucking Tier 8 in my garage.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: February 04, 2013, 02:50:19 pm »

Congrats! I have a stock IS that still is pretty neat to look at in my garage thanks to the sale last weekend.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: February 04, 2013, 03:00:10 pm »

Code: [Select]
'IS-3' successfully purchased. You have spent credits:  2,568,500.
Never thought I'd actually see that, I'm not going to lie. An actual motherfucking Tier 8 in my garage.

Nice feeling, ain't it? Congrats!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: February 04, 2013, 04:06:00 pm »

Enjoy the frustration of fighting T9 tanks with a 175 gun that also can't hit anything :D

(for some 40k of xp that is, the other 122 is pure awesome)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: February 05, 2013, 02:00:03 pm »

Heh, spawned in my covenanter on port...in a tier 6 match. So I said "Fuck it" and decided to cross the leftside bridge and go for the flag...or at least try to cause chaos behind the 6 or so heavies on the map. Well, this caused a waiting jagdpanzer to be pulled out of position as he chases after me, though he doesn't have a shot until I circle around a building onto the tracks and try to get behind him. He shoots me once, not killing me, while I'm shooting back, scoring a couple hits. At this time a couple friendly M4s come up behind him and start shooting, causing him to pause long enough for be to get beside him and finish him off. I think my distraction was what caused the front collapse on that side, causing us to sweep them 4-15
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: February 05, 2013, 02:21:25 pm »

Enjoy the frustration of fighting T9 tanks with a 175 gun that also can't hit anything :D

(for some 40k of xp that is, the other 122 is pure awesome)

I'm not at tier 8 yet, but I'm choosing IS line first (I have KV-3 elited) because of that 40k. I need that gun unlocked when I reach tier 9 and KV-4 has a unique gun that isn't good for anything else. I'm not going to grind 40k on tier 9 with a gun that's used (a bit OP) on tier 6.

*Sigh* It's gonna take forever to get tier 8, T29 needs 93k exp to elite, which would be easy, I'm just too damn lazy. If I actually worked on saving up creds, I'd get either the IS or KV-4 easily as well, but alas, I keep buying low tiers. Now I've even started again on Pz3/4, working for Tiger (only up to tier 7, don't care about others)
Though technically, the Object 212 could count as a tier 9, which would mean that the S-51 I've had for a long time is tier 8, but it's not the same.

Current goals, status (I need to see them myself)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, those are mine, any of you also have such things you wanna do in-game? Pretty sure everyone has them.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: February 05, 2013, 02:55:01 pm »

Oh I have those, but they're on hold right now. As is the game itself, kinda burnt out for the holidays :C

Mine were:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So yeah, quite a lot of stuff, it's going to take a while even when  I do start playing again regularly XD
AS - IG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: February 05, 2013, 05:06:51 pm »

..Ugh, those french TDs. I mean, the tier 3 is awesome due to it's tiny size enabling it to hide ANYWHERE and its good guns(though it gets no gun depression. At ALL), but that tier 4. I still have nightmares about that one
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: February 05, 2013, 05:14:30 pm »

Yeah, but AFAIK T7 and up are made of win with deceptively bouncy front and pretty awesome guns :D
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: February 05, 2013, 06:30:54 pm »

Tier 4 is pretty nice if you have the patience to grind out the 105 (I don't.). At the very least it's a cakewalk compared to T6 :[

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: February 05, 2013, 07:54:34 pm »

Heh, french heavies on the other hand are awesome (the only stinker being the b1 of course, and you can still stone wall in it at least). Just now, I played on murovanka on encounter with me as top tank in my ARL. We spawned on the north side, so I immediately go cover cap on the hill north of the flag(I've noticed on that map on encounter, defenders on the north side have a bit of an advantage with that hill, enabling good crossfire). Well, I put my beefy 120mm front plate and excellent gun depression with the beastly DCA 45 to good use only showing part of my hull and the front of my turret to the others, taking out a t-150, a vk, and damaging other tanks that the m4 and the jagdpanzer on the hill with me finish off. I end up winning that match without even taking a scratch(the vk bounced its only shot it got off my front)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: February 05, 2013, 08:07:56 pm »

I just had the thought... what's the point of Tier 10 mediums?
Especially when some tier 10 heavies are often pretty darn fast themselves (FRANCEEEEE)?
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 251