Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211447 times)

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1515 on: January 19, 2013, 09:07:46 am »

How is this game even fun? You run around in a tank yay.
You drive around in a possibly German tank and possibly blow French armour to pieces.

Panzers, damn it. Panzers!
PANZERS!

Also, fits perfectly to the tune of Stalin's Singing Schoolgirls.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1516 on: January 19, 2013, 10:24:09 am »

I'm starting to like light tanks (even tough they are the only ones that I have right now.).

Ramming is always superior to using your guns.

E: I could use some help, I bought the BT-2 and now I want to buy the pzkwlzpzkwkzkz II (the one that's upgraded from the leichttraktor and only uses autocannons), but wich starter tank should I delete?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:40:15 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: January 19, 2013, 12:12:06 pm »

How is this game even fun? You run around in a tank yay.
You drive around in a possibly German tank and possibly blow French armour to pieces.

Panzers, damn it. Panzers!
PANZERS!

Also, fits perfectly to the tune of Stalin's Singing Schoolgirls.

This. It's my permanent soundtrack while I'm playing.  :P

I'm starting to like light tanks (even tough they are the only ones that I have right now.).

Ramming is always superior to using your guns.

E: I could use some help, I bought the BT-2 and now I want to buy the pzkwlzpzkwkzkz II (the one that's upgraded from the leichttraktor and only uses autocannons), but wich starter tank should I delete?

Any you don't plan on using in the near future. You can get all of the starters back for free at any time, assuming you have an open space in your garage.

Oh, and another reason I keep playing WoT is silliness like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: January 19, 2013, 12:40:17 pm »

I've recently started playing, and even more recently gotten up to Tier 3 with my Marder II.

I've never been more brutally frustrated at this game.

When you have a side profile of an enemy at 50 meters, you would expect to be able to penetrate its armor. I heard it dink. Three times. Fuck whoever thinks that dinks are a pleasant sound to hear, they're wrong. After being brutally murdered, I finally found out it was a Matilda. I think I need to get one of those vehicle identification handbooks.
Nothing important here, move along.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1519 on: January 19, 2013, 12:42:29 pm »

Yea, matilda's have great armor for their tier. You should consider keeping a few he rounds available and switch to them if you find yourself unable to penetrate more than twice in a row.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: January 19, 2013, 12:53:29 pm »

I've recently started playing, and even more recently gotten up to Tier 3 with my Marder II.

I've never been more brutally frustrated at this game.

When you have a side profile of an enemy at 50 meters, you would expect to be able to penetrate its armor. I heard it dink. Three times. Fuck whoever thinks that dinks are a pleasant sound to hear, they're wrong. After being brutally murdered, I finally found out it was a Matilda. I think I need to get one of those vehicle identification handbooks.

ProTip: hold down the ALT key to get the name of the tank displayed in place of the user's name.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: January 19, 2013, 01:05:36 pm »

Thanks, I didn't know that.

As for HE, I've had a bad relationship with it. Mainly because it never seems to do anything.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: January 19, 2013, 01:10:28 pm »

Never use HE unless you have a howitzer cannon. If you can't pen, load APCR. You should try bringing a couple APCR rounds into your matches once you hit T4.

You can set up the markers in the options menu. Personally, I care for the vehicle more than the player, so I have mine set to show vehicle names normally and player names with alt.

Do you have the top Marder II gun? The Matilda has good armor, but the side armor shouldn't stop a fully equipped Marder II unless you had some seriously bad rolls.

In terms of how aggravating pubs go, it's usually "RU > NA > EU > SEA".  RU has a really fun playstyle and the overwhelming majority can speak Russian so you've got no comms troubles. NA has a slightly less fun metagame, but we're similar in that we almost all speak English, so we have no comms troubles. EU I hear is quite annoying because half your team is likely to be speaking some far-off language. SEA is just horrible, we don't speak of SEA.

This is how we feel on the NA server at least, so... I wouldn't be surprised if EU/RU players felt quite differently :P

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: January 19, 2013, 01:16:54 pm »

I have the stock Marder cannon. And I can't do hardly anything with it, which is why I'm even struggling in the first place.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: January 19, 2013, 01:18:24 pm »

Do we have a clan?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: January 19, 2013, 01:20:59 pm »

We don't have a clan, unfortunately. The best we can do is starting a Bay12 chat whenever we can, and even that is deleted automatically as soon as it goes inactive. Starting a clan means we need someone to spend some gold, and then some B12 members might not even want to join because they have a clan already.

Ah, yea, stock cannons are horrible for almost every tank. There's a tier 6 tank, the ARL V39, that gets a cannon that is almost identical to your stock cannon... except it's facing opponents with thrice the armor of a Matilda ._.

Just keep on truckin', the crappy stock cannons make the upgraded ones feel so much sweeter.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: January 19, 2013, 01:23:13 pm »

Matildas are really damn nasty when they're at the top, especially when they've got that nice 2-Pounder X-B. Got my Master badge (And a Top Gun) on the Matilda as soon as I got that gun, it was great. Remember, though, it's got a top speed of 20 or so. It can't catch you if you run around a corner.

I'd suggest changing your settings so you can see what sort of tank it is you're shooting at without hitting ALT. Knowing what you're fighting is pretty damn useful.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: January 19, 2013, 01:56:01 pm »

Yeah, one of the first things to do is to mess with your settings so that tank names, health bars, and tiers show up without you needing to do anything. Also, if you have decent specs, up the draw distance/detail settings, as they help you snipe at bits of tanks poking out from behind cover. There's also a setting that lets you see old track marks, IIRC.

3. Run Resize Enable

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: January 19, 2013, 02:39:43 pm »

Yeah as has been said the marder 2 is actually a pretty damn decent TD when upgraded, but the stock gun bites. Just keep plinking away and eventually you'll get a decent gun
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: January 19, 2013, 03:02:50 pm »

Or, alternatively, play your other tanks and unlock a better gun for the Marder with free exp.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 251