Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211446 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1500 on: January 18, 2013, 02:42:15 pm »

Yeah, the Soviet/American/German trees are (generally speaking) the most filled-out and have a lot of the best tanks. Though the French light tanks are annoyingly small; one of the AMXes is lower than the little prop cars, practically.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1501 on: January 18, 2013, 02:43:47 pm »

Definitely check out all the lines eventually, but for a new player, the French/British/Chinese may not be the best choices. I couldn't personally stomach the grind to the ELC AMX, as interested as I was in playing it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: January 18, 2013, 02:50:10 pm »

Also, you should totally choose your tanks based on how cool they are or the jokes you can make about them. The German TD line is particularly rich for this.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: January 18, 2013, 03:05:52 pm »

yay for more EU people!

also, since i said about ammo exploding ive noticed it happening to me way more often :<

one other thing i've noticed is that I have a lot more fun and credits if I aim for Confederate medals rather than top gun medals. It can be so annoying to have someone else get a kill you were aiming for, but if you actively try and get confederate, you'll always deal the full damage of a shot and your shots are less likely to be wasted on dead tanks.

I'll admit, it's annoying to have to pump yet one more expensive and slow reloading shell into a 1% enemy... but remember, that enemy, even at 1% is generally able to continue to do serious harm to your friends and allies. Unless you have better targets with friends around that would be better suited to doing that last sliver of damage, always finish off an enemy.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: January 18, 2013, 03:17:44 pm »

yeah of course im not gonna leave someone pumping shots into my rear end (hur hur) but generally there'll be at least 1 or 2 other players there to pick up the kills, while i can spend the time relocating to shoot other peoples.

Bot Hack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: January 18, 2013, 03:28:23 pm »

Do tank shells really shoot at three miles a minute and all that crazy shit?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: January 18, 2013, 03:28:43 pm »

But consider that a kill reward is rather susbtantial when it comes to xp. So if you want loads of xp go for kills. Otherwise damage is usually enough for some money.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: January 18, 2013, 03:53:34 pm »

Its substantial, but not too substantial. Just hitting 1% opponents in only likely to net you 75xp or so per kill.

Really, just do your best. Don't prioritize kills or damage just because of their rewards, prioritize kills or damage depending on which one is most likely to win you the match. Winning gives you a 50% XP and Credit bonus, which is huge.

If someone was needing line advice, the easiest tank line right now is the Russian TD line. Specifically, the line that runs down to the tier 10 Object 268. There's not a single bad Russian TD in that line, from tier 2 to tier 10, and there's a plethora of really good ones.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: January 19, 2013, 04:10:28 am »

If someone was needing line advice, the easiest tank line right now is the Russian TD line. Specifically, the line that runs down to the tier 10 Object 268. There's not a single bad Russian TD in that line, from tier 2 to tier 10, and there's a plethora of really good ones.

Confirming that. Don't know about the heavies right now, since split and stuff (didn't even try them) but Russian Heavies were always pretty straight-forward: They have the right armour to keep moving forward and powerful guns to deal high dmg. Once you get to the 122mm guns at tier 6+ you'll have to learn to aim, which is great for newbies.

Layman's rules about weakspots: Anything that isn't a flat piece of steel is generally a weakspot. I mean anything. Be it the spare track-like things on the lower plate of German tanks or a machine gun or a viewport.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: January 19, 2013, 04:33:54 am »

Well with Russian heavies it's generally like this: The KV line is pretty much HEAVY armor, having some of the best all-around protected tanks in the game; just don't expect to get anywhere fast. The IS line, on the other hand, has less armor(but not to say it is UNARMORED), but is much more mobile, lending to a good speed front-line brawler(not that the KV line can't brawl, but they need to take a while to get to the front)

For specific tanks, the KV line generally goes from KV-1 to T-150, but if you wanna be a troll, you can also get a KV-2 with its infamous trollcannon(a 152m howitzer that does about 1000 he damage)
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: January 19, 2013, 06:42:36 am »

Do we have a channel or something?

E: I fucking love this game. I do nothing but drive around and not manage to hit anything until I get shot down from nowhere. So much fun.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 07:26:17 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: January 19, 2013, 07:31:28 am »

Wait 'till you get higher up the tech tree. Everything will be harder to kill, everything will cost more and you will get murdered by shit you can't see/hurt even more.

And don't get me started on your average teammate (actually not sure what's the state of the playerbase intelligence on the US servers (I hear SEA is atrocious)).

Let's just say that PS2 Zergs are little fluffly kittens of cute when compared to the stuff I've seen in WoT.

Have fun!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: January 19, 2013, 08:21:15 am »

God, whenever I get killed I feel enraged, but whenever I can do quite some damage I feel great. This game is weird.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: January 19, 2013, 08:33:10 am »

How is this game even fun? You run around in a tank yay.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: January 19, 2013, 09:05:49 am »

How is this game even fun? You run around in a tank yay.

what more do you want?
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 251