Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211422 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1470 on: January 06, 2013, 07:05:48 pm »

Mentor starts becoming worthwhile if you expect to get more than two crew skills.

Otherwise, I'd probably do Sixth Sense on the commander and then Camo on everyone else, but with the SU-26 changes coming in 8.3, I'm not sure. Going full Brothers in Arms really would help more in the t6+ arty, but that might be too far in the future.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1471 on: January 06, 2013, 07:42:19 pm »

mentor does not seem to be worth it. Its a pretty small % xp bonus.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: January 07, 2013, 07:17:36 pm »

just had an awesome match in my tiger, 36k credits for 25k profit without premium, also got confederate, with only 1 kill and only 3 enemy tanks not on my report list. feelin' good.

edit: ok, 4 tanks not on my report list. but only 1 dead tank that i didnt spot or damage.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 07:19:38 pm by Twiggie »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: January 07, 2013, 09:37:19 pm »

Yuppers, Tiger is a fun one! Dat 88mm :3

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: January 08, 2013, 11:45:08 pm »

Haah, I finally got around to finishing the Lee grind, and one of my first matches with the Sherman had a rather beautiful ending. It came down to a T1 on our side and a PzIV and SU-26 on the other. T1 was sitting on the cap, but was out of ammo after a long duel with the PzIV, though the latter was reduced to ~1/3 health. The arty came rushing up behind him, missed its shot, and the T1 goes into reverse and smashes it against a rock. T1 hid behind some rocks for around 30 seconds, and the PzIV came looking for blood.

That beautiful bastard in the T1 charges out, rams the PzIV down to something like 10 health, eats a shot to the turret, and rams him again into a dead tank for the win. I really wish there was a way to gift exp, because I'd like to give that pilot my share from the match, just for being crazy awesome.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: January 09, 2013, 01:25:24 pm »

Haah, I finally got around to finishing the Lee grind, and one of my first matches with the Sherman had a rather beautiful ending. It came down to a T1 on our side and a PzIV and SU-26 on the other. T1 was sitting on the cap, but was out of ammo after a long duel with the PzIV, though the latter was reduced to ~1/3 health. The arty came rushing up behind him, missed its shot, and the T1 goes into reverse and smashes it against a rock. T1 hid behind some rocks for around 30 seconds, and the PzIV came looking for blood.

That beautiful bastard in the T1 charges out, rams the PzIV down to something like 10 health, eats a shot to the turret, and rams him again into a dead tank for the win. I really wish there was a way to gift exp, because I'd like to give that pilot my share from the match, just for being crazy awesome.

Yeah, gotta love heavy but rather agile tanks like T1 and M6. I generally use ramming as a defence vs scouts (even Type59s) with S-51. Too bad Obj 212 isn't mobile enough for that...

And wow.. T1 Hvy running out of ammo vs a PzIV. I don't remember ever getting even near to running out of ammo.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: January 16, 2013, 02:21:05 am »

Man, I'm loving the ARL so much I'm gonna keep it even after unlocking and getting the m4 45! I mean, great matchmaking, bounciest front plate of any tier 6 heavy(I checked), BEASTLY gun(might not do all that much damage comparatively, but 212 pen!), and decent mobility when you finally get that engine upgrade(its not gonna win a race, but it's at least faster than a maus!), whats not to like? I just got the cash for rammer, and am now working on getting GLD while I get the exp to max out all modules and research the M4.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1477 on: January 16, 2013, 10:30:13 am »

You are the first person I have ever seen who likes the arl
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: January 16, 2013, 10:48:24 am »

ARL is really great T6 as long as you are not fighting T8s or expect to win the battle without bigger help from your team. There are far better tanks for solo winning (I mean doing like half of your team's damage).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 10:50:00 am by lastverb »

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: January 16, 2013, 11:59:57 am »

Just had one of my first moments in a while that left me perplexed. I was full health as a T-150 (Soviet Tier 6 Heavy). Got one-shotted by a Hetzer. It hit my ammo rack, but that is still 830 HP gone in one shot from a Tier 4 tank. Scratching my head. I assume it was a gold round.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: January 16, 2013, 12:02:05 pm »

i believe when your rack gets hit theres a chance for all your ammo to explode inside your tank.

i may be wrong.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: January 16, 2013, 12:21:10 pm »

You're right. If you can pen it, you can ammorack it. Might have used a gold round to pen easier, but I'm fairly sure a Hetzer could do it with normal AP too.

The ARL is IMHO the 2nd or 3rd best T6 heavy. T6s tend to be really good though, so... the KV-1S is probably the best, followed by either the M6 or ARL-44.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: January 16, 2013, 12:27:36 pm »

so i have about 600k, I want another heavy i think, so should i spend it on a kv-1s, a kv-3 or save for the tiger II? The first two i've researched already, the tiger I'm about 10k from, so I'll easily have the research before the credits.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: January 16, 2013, 12:51:20 pm »

KV-1S is a powerful, fast tank that has been a ton of fun for me.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: January 16, 2013, 01:00:08 pm »

I've enjoyed the 1S quite a bit, though I imagine it will get much better once I finish grinding the engine. Just a word of warning: if you don't already have the derpgun unlocked from the KV-1, do so before getting the 1S, because the stock cannon for the 1S is absolute rubbish and you'll be pinging 90 degree shots on tIV tanks.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 251