Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211405 times)

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1395 on: November 11, 2012, 11:42:04 am »

I discovered something about the physics engine yesterday.

If you ram a tank hard enough to kill it and knock it into the air and its burning corpse lands on your tank and you somehow survived the crash yourself, it will cause continuous damage to your tank until you get out from under it.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1396 on: November 11, 2012, 12:10:36 pm »

I discovered something about the physics engine yesterday.

If you ram a tank hard enough to kill it and knock it into the air and its burning corpse lands on your tank and you somehow survived the crash yourself, it will cause continuous damage to your tank until you get out from under it.
Tell me you have the match recorded.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: November 11, 2012, 01:09:39 pm »

im starting to get really annoyed with my tiger. it seems about 80% of my penetrating shots will deal zero damage. i landed 4 of 5 shots on an IS, all penned, 0 damage dealt. Type 59, same story, but with more deflections. 3 hull shots on a T29, zero damage dealt, even though all penned.

im struggling to average more than 10k credits a match in the tiger, while im getting much better averages in my KV 1 and 2 - more like 14k in the KV-1, for example.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: November 11, 2012, 01:24:51 pm »

Just make sure you're not hitting tracks or spaced armour. I'm pretty sure the top tiger gun is the same on the tiger p and its actually really good.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: November 11, 2012, 03:17:22 pm »

huh. i didnt know spaced armour was in the game.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1400 on: November 11, 2012, 03:45:19 pm »

huh. i didnt know spaced armour was in the game.

is-7 has it, not sure what else.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: November 11, 2012, 04:18:22 pm »

Most tanks have a very prominent piece of spaced armor: the gun mantlet. Others have it in a multitude of places, most notably, Russian tanks with the IS-series hulls. IS8, IS7, IS6, Object 704, etc. I don't know if the IS-1/IS-2 has it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I don't know if I ranted about it before, but wargaming really should take a look at changing the visual/sound indicator of penning the outer layer of spaced armor. Right now, if you pen one layer but bounce off another, you'll get a "penetration!" message. It's caused the whole "0 damage pen" outrage, even though nothing has really changed other then it not correctly telling you that you bounced.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: November 11, 2012, 05:00:45 pm »

One thing that's really bugging me... my IS3 has less then 43% winrate after 332 matches. I'm not the greatest heavy player, but that one tank sticks out like a sore thumb in my higher tiers. I've long since passed it up... but that and the GW Tiger, man... 40%/43% with hundreds of battles played. I have no idea how those got that low.
Some tanks just refuse to win for some reason, that's pretty much one of the reasons why I sold my Tiger, that thing was allergic to victories.

My Panzer IV was like that for awhile then my crew got leveled up pretty good and I started actually gaining Win/rate with it. Then they nerfed it and now it seems to be stuck at its current win rate... one away from equel losses and wins... and it always finds a way to lose on the battle that would equalize it.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: November 11, 2012, 06:15:38 pm »

Okay then, I've firmly decided. This game is not fun. It would be, probably could be in another 2 tiers and after I've played for a few months. But I really don't think its worth it.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: November 11, 2012, 06:36:48 pm »

just had a 0 dam pen with a m4 derp gun against a m18. no critical done. spaced armor my ass.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: November 11, 2012, 07:24:57 pm »

Replay?

M18 has spaced armor, though.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: November 11, 2012, 07:33:02 pm »

na, i dont capture my games just to proove i had 0 damage pens XD

regardless if the m18 has spaced armor: it was a he shot. it should do he  damage if it cant pen further, and a 0 damage he shot from a gun as powerfull as the m4 derp gun, against an open, soft vehicle like the m18... it just cant be explained by spaced armor.

i only hit that vehicle once, and the after battle detail report did not show any critical damage, so this explaination fails too (anyway, the he shell should have done some damage even if i hit a system but not penned the armor)

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: November 11, 2012, 08:06:53 pm »

Spaced armor is magic, if you go digging about how HE works, it pretty much has to go through the armor to cause damage, and once it gets past that it will still have to hit things on the other side. Trust me, hit that M18 in the ammo or fuel and you will have much better results.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: November 11, 2012, 08:13:58 pm »

ive done reading how he works. thats why such a 0dam hit is so unlikely.
he shots just dont it a single small spot, but have an explosion. the spaced armor explaination doesnt cut here.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: November 11, 2012, 09:41:24 pm »

Okay then, I've firmly decided. This game is not fun. It would be, probably could be in another 2 tiers and after I've played for a few months. But I really don't think its worth it.

The game actually gets more boring after you progess,at least in my opinion.
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 251