Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211362 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1380 on: November 08, 2012, 06:03:06 am »

Well i did hear Japan is supposed to have some fast tanks and tanks with oversized guns that were supposed to be used as coastal antiship artilery.

As for nations that got smashed by Germany in the first year...

Imo they should integrate the tanks into already existing nations.

For example the various polish tankettes and light tanks (the ones with proper guns) could be integrated into the Soviet tree on the same premise the chinise variant of a certain matchmaking abomination is present.
Also 7TPjw seems to be one of the better tanks of the early war and could be thrown into the british low tier tree once it gets there.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1381 on: November 08, 2012, 08:04:19 am »

That'd probably work, but Wargaming already have their plans. They just want one big Euro tech tree, where the minor (or at least less represented) European nations can have their time in the spot light.

It'd be a really cool tree to add to the game, imho, because jumping between nation to nation also means that you get to try out all these different styles of tanks. Its not like the current lines where an entire line of tanks is dominated by one or two playstyles, such as the second Russian TD line or the entire French tree.

The Chinese tech tree? I'm not even going to bother. If you want to see what their playstyle is, play some of the Russian tanks you probably already have. It's a cash grab for their Chinese market, which is actually very large.

I don't blame them, honestly. It's quite smart. The Chinese server is their second most populated server, and they will save a lot of time (and therefor, money) by being able to reuse a lot of the Russian tank models that they've already designed.

From a gameplay perspective, I expect them to be pretty boring unless you're new to the Russian style of tanks. Whether they will be any good is a mystery, though.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 08:08:59 am by Rex_Nex »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: November 08, 2012, 10:26:12 am »

More imporatnly, 8.2 seems to be bringing in another US line, a combination of mediums and lights that ends up with a heavy.

But wait, it get's better.

They have AUTOLOADERS!!!!!!

*squeeeeeeee*
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: November 08, 2012, 12:15:13 pm »

Well i checked what wikipedia has to say about interwar-WW2 polish tanks.
Actually there would be a fair ammount of polish tanks there if you count prototypes (there is even one heavy tank prototype) that might serve up to T5 or even 6.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: November 09, 2012, 02:59:00 pm »

Minor stupidity: I get rammed by a tank on my team. He takes damage. I get fined. Grr...

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: November 09, 2012, 11:25:01 pm »

WoT has been frustrating me lately but this just made all the shit worth it...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My gods what a battle... still shaking from it as I write this... Might have to upload the replay.

That 6 pounder l/50... it may not do to much damage but it makes up for it with ROF.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: November 11, 2012, 01:53:52 am »

Does this game usually throw you in games where you're wildly outmatched? I found a good niche at first. I'd hang back and do long range fire while my team advanced. It worked well, my tank was the right tier... then suddenly I'm constantly getting put in battles against Tier IV and V tanks with my pz38t, on maps where I can NOT play the way I like. Because I'm either the heavy tank type or the sniper type. And I'm getting stuck in battles where I cannot play as a TD and I'm stuck with an incredibly insufficient Tier 3 light tank for fighting Tier 5 heavies. What the hell?

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: November 11, 2012, 02:21:11 am »

Light tanks are generally considered scouts, which have a different way of being handled by the MM.

No matter the tank, you can be put into battles two tiers higher then your tier. Arty and Scouts get the special rules though.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: November 11, 2012, 03:19:34 am »

Light tanks are generally considered scouts, which have a different way of being handled by the MM.

No matter the tank, you can be put into battles two tiers higher then your tier. Arty and Scouts get the special rules though.

Arty I understand. I like playing as Arty. I can't wait till I get out of this thing. I'm not a scout.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: November 11, 2012, 03:44:22 am »

Tier 3 tends to get that, considering how few people actually play tier 3. If there's not enough low tier games, then there's not many games for you to be on top in.

Caution though, the tank after that (the nA) is a scout, and not a fast one either.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: November 11, 2012, 03:45:14 am »

Yeah I'm aware of that. And the stretch to the next tank after that is nearly 5x as long as this.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: November 11, 2012, 05:48:18 am »

Tier 4 is designed to make you go "this is far to long" and grab premium. That said, I love playing my m3 lee and my t-28 at tier 4.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: November 11, 2012, 06:56:33 am »

I think I'll manage, I tend to sometimes have fun even in the 38t. I normally rotate and play my US arty, German tank, Russian Tank, my MS-1 which is the most fun one, and then the Stuart I got for doing the beginner missions

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: November 11, 2012, 08:31:00 am »

Tier 4 isn't that bad unless you're aiming for one of the T5 lights... if there was one tier I'd pin down for being the "get premium or get fucked" tier, it'd be tier 7. The T7 -> T8 grind is hell without premium, especially if you've got one of the weaker tier 7s. I think I broke down as soon as I started grinding out my IS3... up until then, it wasn't so bad.

One thing that's really bugging me... my IS3 has less then 43% winrate after 332 matches. I'm not the greatest heavy player, but that one tank sticks out like a sore thumb in my higher tiers. I've long since passed it up... but that and the GW Tiger, man... 40%/43% with hundreds of battles played. I have no idea how those got that low.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: November 11, 2012, 08:38:05 am »

Tier 4 isn't that bad unless you're aiming for one of the T5 lights... if there was one tier I'd pin down for being the "get premium or get fucked" tier, it'd be tier 7. The T7 -> T8 grind is hell without premium, especially if you've got one of the weaker tier 7s. I think I broke down as soon as I started grinding out my IS3... up until then, it wasn't so bad.

One thing that's really bugging me... my IS3 has less then 43% winrate after 332 matches. I'm not the greatest heavy player, but that one tank sticks out like a sore thumb in my higher tiers. I've long since passed it up... but that and the GW Tiger, man... 40%/43% with hundreds of battles played. I have no idea how those got that low.

Well I got my T4 tank... and then started playing in a correct scout role. 9 experience per battles in ones that I lose, which has been every. single. battle. In all of my tanks. I havent won more than 2 battles since yesterday.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 251