Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211333 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1320 on: October 07, 2012, 01:14:33 am »

Been having a lot of fun lately.

Current toy: Jagdpanther II

The Jagdpanther II is really quite something. I just got the 128mm cannon on it a few games ago, and I've been hovering at a 57% winrate with it after ~100 games. Having such a high win ratio with a near-stock tank is kind of funny to me :)

Anyways, the tank: Fast, high alpha, high DPS, paper lower hull, insane upper hull. Very big, very german, very fun. Poor mediums cant catch a break; I turn just as fast as them :)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1321 on: October 07, 2012, 01:21:43 am »

I got the Jagdpanther recently. The Long 88 is a breath of fresh air after the JagdpzIV's Short 88. Gonna stick with the 88 over the 105 though, the shells are expensive enough already.

Unfortunately, it appears that it's a lag-magnet. Playing my M41 or M6 means standard ping of 60-80, spikes to 300. Jagdpanther means 70% of the game I'm at 999 ping. Really annoying.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: October 07, 2012, 01:44:45 am »

Heh, I always used the 105. Jagdpanther was just as good; dat cannon :3

Then again, I have a premium account so I can afford it :P

I have the same lag issues. Not specifically in a tank, but meh servers + bad internet = laggy game :C

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: October 11, 2012, 08:39:24 pm »

Doublepost, sorry!

Just as a notice, they are letting people buy gold ammo with credits next patch. At least, that's the plan.

This removes almost all of the pay-2-win in WoT, but it's going to completely ruin the balance of a lot of aspects of the game. In my opinion, a bad change. The end result is probably going to be a better game, but it's bad design to put in a massive change without shaping the architecture around it to support the change. It's going to be a rough couple months until we get to that point.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: October 16, 2012, 03:04:02 pm »

Spoiler: DFC StuG lyfe! (click to show/hide)

Yeah the Dwarf Fortress Community group is so badass that when we get together we cause Churchills to go exploding down hills.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: October 17, 2012, 12:47:32 pm »

Is there an active group? I am mostly lower tier (3-4) at the moment, but I'd be interested in playing with some B12 denizens.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: October 17, 2012, 12:56:21 pm »

Which server/timezone are you in?

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: October 17, 2012, 03:45:24 pm »

Doublepost, sorry!

Just as a notice, they are letting people buy gold ammo with credits next patch. At least, that's the plan.
This removes almost all of the pay-2-win in WoT,
utterly disagree.
will make the game even less playable without premium, and even more free to loose.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: October 17, 2012, 06:15:03 pm »

So a bit of goofing around with the DFC lads.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yep Churchill riding. Actually went the entire remainder of our little battle riding on me, was hilarious and glorious.

Edit: From another perspective:

« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 06:20:28 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 18, 2012, 02:52:54 am »

Doublepost, sorry!

This removes almost all of the pay-2-win in WoT,
utterly disagree.
will make the game even less playable without premium, and even more free to loose.

Its less playable, premium or not. Balance is going to be ruined, but that's a completely different issue from whether or not P2W is gone or not. Fact is, P2W is gone, you just have to grind a lot more credits out now to be as effective as before.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: October 18, 2012, 03:01:51 am »

i dont grind, i just play the game.
i wont be able to afford premium ammo just playing the game. the fight will be even more unfair.
thats the point. it will not result in same odds for everyone. if you pay, you will have an even larger advantage then you have now.
aside, how am i supposed to grind money if my odds to win (or survive long enough to inflict damage) are bad?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:03:36 am by motorbitch »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: October 18, 2012, 04:50:20 am »

Your odds of winning will remain nearly unchanged. Your team members have the same advantage as the other team. Im willing to bet you will live just about as long as before, too.

Yes, you need to play more to win more. I don't get it; they had system that rewards paying money to get an advantage. You didn't like it. They switched to a system that rewards playing longer to get an advantage. You still don't like it. How would you suggest they implement gold rounds? They can't just take a very profitable feature out of the game.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: October 18, 2012, 04:58:03 am »

if i win, and i did not do damage, the win doesn not help me much. playing longer does not help. if you dont pay, you dont have the credits to use the premium ammo, if you play one round or 100.

and yeah, i would suggest to remove this so highly profitable feature out of the game. it sucks.
im also convinced, if wg would act a little less greedy, they had a bigger player base and would make more profit.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 18, 2012, 05:01:01 am »

But how would they make more profit if they remove the biggest moneysink? :o

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: October 18, 2012, 05:30:15 am »

if i win, and i did not do damage, the win doesn not help me much. playing longer does not help. if you dont pay, you dont have the credits to use the premium ammo, if you play one round or 100.

Alright, this is just wrong. If you don't see how playing more matches is going to let you buy more things with credits, I don't know what to say.

I think this is the problem here:

i dont grind, i just play the game.

Grinding is part of the game. You can't expect to not have to ever grind. This is not the game for you if you want that.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 05:32:13 am by Rex_Nex »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 251