Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211331 times)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1305 on: September 17, 2012, 12:21:37 pm »

Tiger P is hilariously good when you face the enemy. I just had a game of assault where I bounced 35 (yeah, seriously) shots in a row. This all happened in the space of three minutes.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1306 on: September 18, 2012, 07:45:37 am »

Tiger P is hilariously good when you face the enemy. I just had a game of assault where I bounced 35 (yeah, seriously) shots in a row. This all happened in the space of three minutes.

Wow? Considering I managed to kill one of those things head on in T1 HT, I never thought much of them. I'll bet that was against t6 tanks though. 200mm and barely (is it?) sloped armour would normally be ripped apart at T7-8+
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: September 18, 2012, 10:02:58 am »

You'd expect that, it was actually against t7 tanks. Quite a lot of them, although I don't have a screenshot of that. Against tier 8 tanks it can hold up fairly well too. In fact, most tier 8 guns have trouble penning it, only tier 9 ones because reliably good vs the armour. The turret, if anyone shoots it is screwed because its only 120mm, but everyone is used to the turret being the strong part of a tank thanks to american vehicles. Plus nobody uses the (P).

This is what happens when you're top tier.

This is the aftermath of a massive battle where I was taking as many shots as possible for my team. I only finished off one tank, but I took about 30 hits.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is after putting on "go forward automatically" and playing one handed. Top tier, the Tiger (P) is the most fun i've had with any tier 7 heavy. I'm gonna try the t29 next, see if that's even better. I've heard it is.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: September 25, 2012, 07:38:07 am »

200mm armor is massive. The Tiger P is amazing as long as you aren't flanked (AKA you need to have people behind you to make sure that's not an option). Even some tier 8s will bounce off that, and with some angling, tier 9s too. The tiger P's front plate is very similar to the effective armor of the IS-4, which is tier 10.

Of course, the IS-4 has less frontal weak points, and the IS-4's armor is kind of terrible, but it's still impressive at T7.

Anyway, I just came across a battle of the idiots. T34 vs IS. T34 is the tier 8 American heavy, the IS was the tier 7 Russian heavy. I'd explain it, but a replay does it better. You'll find them facing off at the end of it.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: September 27, 2012, 12:11:53 pm »

Sorry for the doublepost, but 8.0 is out on the main server. I'm having a lot of fun; the physics are less intrusive then I thought. They make the game feel smoother and occasionally they might open a new avenue, but they are far from game-changing. Very nice.

I'm not too sure about the new sounds (I got a headache after a few minutes of hearing the nonstop low rumbling of the high caliber cannons) and I've already came across a couple of annoying bugs, but otherwise I'm really liking it.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: September 28, 2012, 06:57:40 pm »

Yeah 8.0 isn't to bad, graphics seem much better too, not really as far as actually looking better but just a lot more smoother, definitely gained some FPS.

Driving really feels better now with the physics, can't really explain it but it feels more immersive, maybe its because the tracks aren't so latched to the ground now your tank moves a bit more naturally I guess? Suspension seems to look a bit more realistic as you travel too, and I think you can see the suspension sort of responding to the terrain and obstacles your traveling over.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 07:25:54 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: September 28, 2012, 07:28:14 pm »

I love the update myself. Its made my M7 way more fun. I managed to get it up to 70km/s going down a hill a few times.

The new graphics though, they run like crap on my computer for some reason.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: September 29, 2012, 12:10:33 am »

I have been playing this game since 2010 and I'd say physics is the single greatest improvement ever made in the game. Plus they redid the sound effect!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: September 29, 2012, 01:37:55 am »

So are there Bay 12 clan cos im eager to dive in again and would be fun to play with forum m8's.
I think my top tier is 6 on soviet side.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: September 29, 2012, 06:12:12 am »

8.0 is seriously awesome. Every time an enemy is hanging off a cliff to fire I can just push them off now, its hilarious.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: September 29, 2012, 06:23:06 am »

I just like the way you can drive over cliffs now instead of having to go the long way round.

Plus the way your tank bounces when it hits the bottom is lovely.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: September 29, 2012, 08:12:58 am »

The new physics system is hilarious. I now throw myself off a cliff when I'm a T5 heavy in a battle full of T7s.

Weirdly, I'm having more fun and success with the PzIV post-nerf than before. Don't know if it's the floating damage numbers making it feel like I'm damaging more, but I haven't had less than 300Xp and 9500 credits even on defeats for about 7 games in a row.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: September 30, 2012, 05:05:29 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1gRHeCuZPI

Physics working as intended.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: September 30, 2012, 06:33:37 am »

Hehe. Made me smile.
I wonder if that works in battle :) ?

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: September 30, 2012, 06:52:40 am »

I'm testing that now. Replays are on, so if I land on someone i'll post the replay.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 251