Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211326 times)

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1290 on: September 06, 2012, 12:28:44 pm »

if you use wallhacks or maphacks, you will still nee to:

1) be alive, harder to achieve than a new/under average player may think so
3) know where the head of your opponent is, although hittin it more easy as youll see him through the wall andyou have more time to aim.
2) know how to point your mouse and click, harder for moving targets

as we see, wallhacks and maphacks clearly are no cheats, as they will still require the player to do a bare minimum to win a game.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1291 on: September 06, 2012, 12:35:53 pm »

I like how she agrees with you that they give an advantage and you still manage to continue the argument.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: September 06, 2012, 03:27:06 pm »

yeah. youre right.  we do not dissagree completely. time to back up a bit.
still, i guess its about the general perception: if its ok or not.
personally, i think its not ok. even if it only where a 1% advantage, it would not be ok for me. it spoils the game, at last for me.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: September 06, 2012, 04:10:26 pm »

Think of it this way, if people didn't pay to have that tiny, 1% advantage, you wouldn't be able to shoot internet tanks.

E: If you really want to argue, note that you can get gold by joining a clan and turning up to clan wars. Most even have shared accounts for you to use so you don't even have to grind up to a tier 10 tank. Meaning you don't have to pay a damn thing to get the same advantages of people who do.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 04:19:36 pm by dogstile »
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: September 06, 2012, 06:20:24 pm »

personally, i think its not ok. even if it only where a 1% advantage, it would not be ok for me. it spoils the game, at last for me.

I'm 100% with you man.  Multiplayer competitive games should be 100% about skill.  Nothing else should make a difference.  Sometimes I think F2P has ruined a generation of gamers.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 06:22:11 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: September 06, 2012, 07:53:03 pm »

Snip.

I never said I disagreed/agreed with you. I do agree that gold rounds provide advantage but from my experience of a decade of online gaming, the F2P model offered by WarGaming in World of Tanks is still within reasonable limit. It's a compromise to paying monthly subscription fees (something not everyone can afford/utilise efficiently) and I am okay with it.

You can still do well without gold rounds. I personally have 9,000+ battles and 10,000+ kills, and not a single gold round bought/used. Current win rate is 55%. And I am not alone as I know many better players out there. Gold round is not that big of a deal.

Also, please consider the economy in the picture. The company exists to make money and the infrastructure required to operate it is not free. Gold round buyers fund the game so it can retain its F2P model. In some cases, they are parent-funded kids; in other cases, they are full-time workers with limited time but are seeking for entertainment and are willing to pay for it. Whatever their income resources are, they are funneling funds into this game to keep it free for the rest of us. Win-win solution.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: September 08, 2012, 04:21:31 pm »

If anyone is interested in starting to play WoT, I have a bonus code!

This will work on new accounts only. It gives 1000 in-game gold, which is not a bad deal if you want to "try before you buy". Its not a huge amount, but its not tiny either.

First come first serve:

DRNCSUFZ4N-746ET-3A2BV-TZ226

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: September 08, 2012, 10:32:18 pm »

Spoiler: Flawless Victory! (click to show/hide)

Never actually seen that before, wow.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: September 09, 2012, 01:15:23 am »

In a completely different turn of events then Rilder, I just got out of a game with a guy that managed a final score of -8. Someone poked him in the behind at game start and went off on a temper tantrum.

My winrate for the week was looking pretty damn good, but then I started helping someone new to the game and it plummeted. These low tier games are really quite horrible, I don't know how people get off to grinding tier 3s for 1000 games.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:16:55 am by Rex_Nex »

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: September 09, 2012, 04:54:32 am »

It depends on the tanks. The T-46 is a beast when top tier, as is any tank destroyer.

Also, -8, seriously? How did he kill that many before getting swarmed by his own team?
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: September 09, 2012, 01:09:16 pm »

Because the first couple kills had an excuse. "He hit me first" and "Don't ever fucking touch me again loser". Then we started fighting the other team and he shot us all while we were occupied.

I was driving around a elited Marder II, which is supposed to be pretty good. I dont see it though, the aimtime is through the roof and even a T82 can see further. It had a huge gun traverse area, but other then that it was pretty much garbage in comparison to my T82 (Which I also managed to lose 3/5 games in.)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: September 09, 2012, 01:36:15 pm »

Ah right, still, pretty impressive. Enemy team must have been laughing hard. I never liked the marder, told it was good by everyone, turns out it sucked. It was apparently much better before the nerf.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: September 12, 2012, 09:09:16 pm »

I haven't even driven the Marder since before release. (At release I ended up unlocking the Hetzer on the 38T I believe? (Was before the 38NA IIRC)

Also.

Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: September 12, 2012, 09:50:07 pm »

Good tank + Good tanker = Boom. Nice job Rilder.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: September 17, 2012, 09:28:36 am »

Oh man, had my worst plays this weekend. Never had so many misses in a game. Ever.

Called Noob Arty by an Obj 704 though, that was fun. 3x Tier 9-8 tanks couldn't beat an M103 and an IS-3. (Though I do admit, all of my 8 shots landed right on the side of the circle. No kidding there.)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 251