Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211317 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1275 on: September 03, 2012, 01:29:36 pm »

i quitted after beta.

i gave it another try yesterday. what shall i say... its everything i expected after beta. i will quit it again. sad, i like tank games :(

Okay? Your not exactly explaining your issues with it so I don't see the point in your post.

Also, 5x event has been kind, actually been winning a fair bit more then usual which is nice.

Also caught this:
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/148568-official-qa-thread-75-era/page__st__740#entry2581237
We plan to change gold rounds mechanics, thus moving to totally 'free to win' politics.
I wonder what they mean? Outright removing Gold rounds? Or maybe making them more of a side grade?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 01:32:04 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!
« Reply #1276 on: September 03, 2012, 02:29:06 pm »

I'd assume they'd make them "different" instead of "flat out better". If they do this, dear god is WoT awesome.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: September 03, 2012, 08:27:54 pm »

I've started calling out targets I'm about to hit when playing arty. I'll announce it to the enemy team which is hilarious when they scream at me afterwards. Even better, if you do it while the persons behind cover they might think you've flanked them and move out of it, giving you a shot. Priceless.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: September 04, 2012, 03:03:46 pm »

So with me recently having fallen to this game as well and no clue about it in the first post, I'd like to ask whether there's a Bay 12 company for this as I'm running out of time to read this thread.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: September 04, 2012, 06:01:48 pm »

We plan to change gold rounds mechanics, thus moving to totally 'free to win' politics.
true, i gave no reason why quit.
lets just say, this change could make me change my mind.
i really hate pay to win, and wot just tops all shit with 50$ iwin tanks and penis enlargement ammo.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: September 04, 2012, 07:25:36 pm »

i really hate pay to win, and wot just tops all shit with 50$ iwin tanks and penis enlargement ammo.

Except they aren't Iwin tanks, they are Iprofit tanks.

Lowe? Pfft not any more dangerous then any other tier 8.
Type 59? I gank those all the time in my IS.
My (Gotten free thanks to clever use of free gold) Churchill?  I can fire fast and accurately but any equal tiered heavy is going to be a pain for me to get regular penetrations.

They aren't better then normal tanks except for the fact you can make credits in them easier.

So with me recently having fallen to this game as well and no clue about it in the first post, I'd like to ask whether there's a Bay 12 company for this as I'm running out of time to read this thread.

We don't really have an ingame clan or anything, (Clans cost gold!) However a number of us bay12ers into the game hang out in the Steam Group: Dwarf Fortress Community's Chat, I'm usually around if you need any advice/platoon.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:43:18 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: September 04, 2012, 07:29:59 pm »

true, i gave no reason why quit.
lets just say, this change could make me change my mind.

Premium tanks usually suck. The only premium tank that is actually better then some of its tier mates is the Type 59, and those aren't all that common anymore.

Premium ammo is pay to win, yea, but most f2p games have paytowin mechanics like this. All I can say is that WoT's is acceptable in comparison to some other forms I've seen.

We don't have enough players to run a company unfortunately... but we do platoon a lot. What is your username?

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: September 04, 2012, 08:48:27 pm »

WoT's is acceptable in comparison to some other forms I've seen.

others do the same / others are worse
is not an argument at all. is it ok to kill 2 people because there are guys that killed 3? does it makes the 2 ppl killer a better man?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: September 04, 2012, 11:53:22 pm »

lol

Its probably not an argument because I never said it wasn't p2w.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:56:26 pm by Rex_Nex »

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: September 05, 2012, 07:42:05 am »

WoT's is acceptable in comparison to some other forms I've seen.

others do the same / others are worse
is not an argument at all. is it ok to kill 2 people because there are guys that killed 3? does it makes the 2 ppl killer a better man?

Think of it this way. There was a guy using premium rounds (which are fucking rare outside of clan wars, btw) who tried to charge me. Same tier, medium tank, I was in a heavy, thought he would win easily.

I backed up round a corner, shot him in the track and switched to HE, causing damage while still keeping him tracked and unable to shoot back (his turret was behind the corner) until he died, I didn't take any damage whereas if I had let him flank me, I would have lost a lot of health. I have never used premium rounds. In WOT, premium rounds are used to make up for lack of skill, anyone with skill is on an even level with a premium player.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #1285 on: September 05, 2012, 10:11:18 am »

I kind of like the elc amx. Its fast and swoopy and hard to hit. and i like that once every 30 seconds, I can blast the crap out of something. It seems to be a tank designed for getting confederate ribbons.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: September 05, 2012, 10:34:53 am »

Err assuming equal skill level, the premium ammo user will win most of the time though which is the whole point. I'd have no issue with gold round if they shot colorful rainbows, so you'd know you where fighting an uphill battle.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: September 05, 2012, 10:51:54 am »

Premium rounds do make different effects then normal rounds. For example, ever see sparks fly out of your tank for a few seconds after receiving a hit? HEAT.

Apparently APCR is blue, but I can never tell the difference. There's other telltale signs.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: September 05, 2012, 06:40:24 pm »

Premium rounds do make different effects then normal rounds. For example, ever see sparks fly out of your tank for a few seconds after receiving a hit? HEAT.

Apparently APCR is blue, but I can never tell the difference. There's other telltale signs.

Actually, if I recall on the goon forum in the last thread that was disproved. 

Err assuming equal skill level, the premium ammo user will win most of the time though which is the whole point. I'd have no issue with gold round if they shot colorful rainbows, so you'd know you where fighting an uphill battle.

Gold rounds have other drawbacks. After 100m they really start losing pen for APCR. They usually don't do more damage, just have more pen, so this is a massive thing. When they're close enough to be effective, you're close enough to hit them in the weakspots every time, which means that really, all they're paying for is the ability to not have to aim at weak spots. Arty have bigger splash for their rounds, but it doesn't do more damage.

Gold rounds are not an instant win.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: September 05, 2012, 08:15:34 pm »

Gold shells increase the chance of the the outcome being in your favour (i.e. finishing off target with that critical last shot or setting target on fire) but to be in a position to use gold shells effectively (not randomly but having significant impact on battle outcome), you need to:
1) be alive, harder to achieve than a new/under average player may think so
2) know which weak spots to hit for each tank, although this is less restricted since penetration value is higher
3) actually hit the target, harder to do for moving target

All these three conditions require both knowledge of game mechanics and individual tanks.

Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 251