Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211298 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I sold it.  It's not as much that I don't like it, but it's really bad pre-upgrade and I'm not willing to grind like 5000 xp on a light tank with a 35kph top speed that regularly ends up in T8 games to get it at a playable level.
Shoes...

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Speaking of the ELC, I've found that it's really really fun, and often, for me at least, gets really nice ricochet or bounce percentages, even against much higher tier guns. I've had KV-1S shots bounce off of that 15mm armor. It's also so flat that I'm regularly pulling off things I could only rarely pull off in the Valentine, such as running up really close to a KV-2 and pounding them in the side without them being able to do a thing about it cause their gun won't aim that low. Managed it a couple of times in the Valentine with the proper terrain, but ELC just does it without any trouble. The ELC also has a chance of penning, whereas the valentine had to aim for weak spots and pray to be lucky. Also runs circles around most TDs.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Q: <Very Important Opinion on game mechanics>
A: A player's Very Important Opinions will affect Wargaming's decisions only if said player purchases the controlling stock in Wargaming or if Americans bomb us and establish a democracy.

Q: What are you going to do about the T-62A's gas tanks?
A: We are going to recommend that you hide them behind terrain.

Q: Do developers like to play companies or random game more?
A: Thanks to you idiots, developers no longer like to play any game mode.

Q: What colour will the red screen of death be in 0.8.0?
A: SerB isn't in Minsk, we can't decide on such an important feature without him.

This is translated from the Russian forums. Wargaming loves its customers. Goons post the translations of the funny answers from time to time, it makes me laugh so much.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have an upgraded m37 SPG that does well and never gets matched worse than against T5. Should I skip the M7 priest?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No idea there, anyways i prefer to be matched with higher tiers when playing with a SPG. I suck so bad at them, or at least i dont understand how you are supposed to grind them, a won match with 2 kills (not 1 hit kills) and a few hits give me really bad exp like 200 or so.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thing about the M37 and Priest is that they do absolutely nothing to higher tiers, unlike the Wespe/Grille. Smacking 20hp off a heavy per shot isn't very fun :[

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What about French SPGs? They have auto-loader so I suppose good for counter SPG role and hitting moving targets?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The priest is exactly like the M37, now the bad part about it is that you get this absolutely shit gun as a stock option, can't reach to half the map most of the time. Luckily the sheer volume of fire you get is awesome, the upgraded gun is like that too. You won't be doing that much damage, but a constant barrage will score a lot of criticals and it's great for CB fire since no one expects you to shoot so damn fast.

Also, I think I'm going to give this a slight break until 0.8 comes out, the game is way too annoying right now.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't wait for 8.0. Physics are apparently slated for release and I want to get a Maus, slap controlled ramming on it, a spall liner and drop it on tanks from above.

Oh, just in case tanks is getting frustrating, you could always try putting mods in. I have imperial guardsmen for tankers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdE31LvoUEQ&feature=player_embedded < guardsmen voice
http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/87307-wot-warhammer-40000-voice-mods-by-capricorn/ < warhammer selection of voice mods.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

What about French SPGs? They have auto-loader so I suppose good for counter SPG role and hitting moving targets?

Err, As far as I know, the only French SPG with an Autoloader is the Bat Chatillion 155, the last tank in the line.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I think I might be just about done with this if things don't turn around.  A few days ago it was great, I was kicking ass, now everything that could possibly go wrong is going wrong, every single game.  Usually stuff I have no control over, like arty shells landing right on top of me when I'm going full speed and dodging, or my own arty shells missing when they have no business missing.  I had one game in an upgraded M37 where every single fucking shot missed, all fully aimed at unmoving targets.
Shoes...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Platoon with B12ers if possible. If not, take a break... it gets on my nerves too, but it's just an unlucky draw of the cards.

I'd suggest taking a extra long break from your M37/any other arty... they are hellishly devilish.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

The DFC steam chat is sometimes a good place to find Bay12ers to platoon with, we have a few WoT players.

I've been having that issue with every shell missing while playing my lowly arty, it got to the point where some douchenozzle (as WoT is filled with) was like "lulz arty doing nothing" and I was almost like "Hey you want to take a look at my fucking replay after this battle, I'll fucking show you what the rng is doing to me"

In other news I'm kinda pissed that the current "Full Tech Tree" for the Germans removed the link from the StuG over to the new TD line, considering I fucking saved up XP on my StuG for the switchover path that was supposed to open up from the StuG once the new tree came out. :/

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:28:33 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Yeah the issues can't be modded out really.

I think I'll end up selling most of my T9 tanks soon, the shit is just too punishing for too little enjoyment. Where the smallest mistake will get you down to 10% in two or three hits, and with a stock tank you can hope for some lucky penetrations and a bit of damage.

Hell, even when you should do something you will still have a high chance of dying horribly, just moments ago, my Patton managed to hit a rampaging AMX 13 90 at point blank range some seven times, out of those seven times only one was a damaging hit, two were absorbed by tracks and the others straight up bounced. Shit like this really gets to me beacause you can do your damn best to try and win and in the end there is pretty much nothing you can do to change the outcome because either the RNG or your team will fuck you over royally.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually I have been suspecting that they nerfed the m37 for a few days. Mine also is suddenly missing everything when it was pretty accurate just before. Honestly, it was just as accurate as my LeFN105(whatever) but now it only works as a tank destroyer, except it also no longer is rolling death in that role. And yes, I have the upgraded gun.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 251