Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211231 times)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once you fully kit out the amx40 and you hit top tier in a match, you'll have a decent time. Your armour can take on just about anything.

The amx 12t is much faster and can actually do damage, but has no armour
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, the change from AMX38/40 to AMX12t is like heaven and earth.

AMX12t and AMX13s posses the following characteristics:
Tiny profile

Best top speed, acceleration, and turn rate in game for a non scout tank (T-50-2 still has the greatest physics defying characteristics).

Zero armour; does not mean much when you can kill quicker than enemy tanks at the same tier, can't get hit due to your speed and size, and have hit points as your "armour".

Great camo value, even on the move you'll still be relatively hard to detect from a distance due to game mechanics. This makes AMX12/13 a great forward spotter (not suicide scout).

Autoloader.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:19:42 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Backlog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I personally don't like the french tanks myself, so I don't run them.
Am I supposed to put something here?

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you even tried them? :P

Yep, the change from AMX38/40 to AMX12t is like heaven and earth.

AMX12t and AMX13s posses the following characteristics:
Tiny profile

Best top speed, acceleration, and turn rate in game for a non scout tank (T-50-2 still has the greatest physics defying characteristics).

Zero armour; does not mean much when you can kill quicker than enemy tanks at the same tier, can't get hit due to your speed and size, and have hit points as your "armour".

Great camo value, even on the move you'll still be relatively hard to detect from a distance due to game mechanics. This makes AMX12/13 a great forward spotter (not suicide scout).

Autoloader.

Now, on the other hand, we can take a look at the AMX12t in a less glamorous light...

Inadaquete acceleration.
No gun elevation.
No gun depression.
Low penetration.
Bad MM.
Low HP.
Low damage.

The AMX12t is by far the worst of the lights. Much better then the AMX38/AMX40, but it's lackluster. The AMX 13 75 and AMX 13 90 are dream tanks.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah yes, good point Rexy.

I should have pointed out that AMX12t, AMX13/75, and AMX13/90 have harsh matchmaking, because they are light tanks. This means they will be part of high tier battles. The good news is all three seem to have more or less the same matchmaking, so everytime you tier up, things get easier.

This is also actually a blessing in disguise. Many of high tier tanks have either slow rate of fire, inaccurate gun, slow-traversing turret and hull, bad gun depression, or any combination thereof. This makes it difficult for them to hit a moving target as small as the AMX12/13.

The key to successfully playing French light tanks is to act as forward spotter until the number of enemy tanks has gone down (usually until the 7th minute) or until there is an undefended flank that can be broken through safely. You then proceed to pick off isolated individual enemy tanks one by one.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 03:26:32 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Backlog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Have you even tried them? :P

Yes, I have. They are so freaking tiny o.o I didn't initially go after them because there was no Arty option until later, so I don't use them.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The light tanks and the final medium are small, but that's it... the heavies are huge for the most part, as is their only other medium, the Lorraine.

I don't suggest you use them though... they are hard to play and the first 4 tiers of both the Heavy and Medium tanks are terrible...

Backlog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp, I'm currently running Rex's WoT account so I can grind and get him xp for a gun he wants on a tank....  I also need to use my own account so I'm not so lazy and can improve on tanks skill and get the winrate up.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The channel Bay 12 Games in NA server is up. Feel free to join.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you're anywhere near the AMX 12t, you might want to get on researching/purchasing it. It's going to be moved up a tier in the next patch and if you own it you get a free tank and a free slot to go along with it.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im quite depressed about the new t10 American Medium! It isn't very good; everything the Patton was useful for is now gone. Namely the gun depression and view range. Its faster, sure, but if I wanted speed I'd grab a Batchat or T-62A!

Ah well, its early in the test server.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Did you try the others?

Also the general changes to the T9's??

I WANT INFORMATION MAN!!!!

*doesn't have the time or the internet to get on the test server*
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im quite depressed about the new t10 American Medium! It isn't very good; everything the Patton was useful for is now gone. Namely the gun depression and view range. Its faster, sure, but if I wanted speed I'd grab a Batchat or T-62A!

Ah well, its early in the test server.

I thought it had the same view distance?

Also, I just found out that apparently the french tanks aren't getting bumped Edit: BUFFED. I'm a tool.  when being moved up tiers? Da fuck?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:54:15 pm by dogstile »
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can visit the forum on the official wot forum:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum/332-testing-grounds-75-public-test/

And you can take a look at my clan's thread for it for some information and opinions:

http://forums.vorbildpanzergruppe.com/showthread.php?4790-7.5-test-is-live!-Experiences-Feedback-Rages-Joys

I'd crosspost it here but that seems a bit redundant. There's some attachment you can't view; those I will crosspost. Give me a second to upload everything off-site.

M48 Patton Research Cost:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

M48 Patton Gun:

E-50m Research Cost:

T-62a Research Cost:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:00:34 pm by Rex_Nex »

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you're anywhere near the AMX 12t, you might want to get on researching/purchasing it. It's going to be moved up a tier in the next patch and if you own it you get a free tank and a free slot to go along with it.

Whaaaat?

All I heard is that the 12t is getting put up a tier, what tank do we get? I have one, ^.^
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 251