Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211180 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wish I still had one of my Shermans. Great tanks, the M4, E8, and E2. I really like their ability to have two viable cannons; the 105mm howitzer and 76mm M1A1/M1A2.

The T20 was good. I like the feel of tanks like the T20; the T20, Pershing, T44, T54, and VK3002DB are all pretty similar in playstyle.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:27:51 pm by Rex_Nex »

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well the dephressiun and mobiliteh make US medium tanks really fun! Looking forward to Perzhing!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yesh.

I have both American and Russian tank lines done... I like the american line more, except for the T-44, which I like just a bit better then the Pershing. The T-44 is more accurate, faster, and more agile. It just doesn't have the depression or turret armor... effectively, I'd say they are even, but the T-44 makes you feel so awesome. There is something about outmaneuvering people and then sniping their weak spots that make you feel like you are a good player ^-^

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile

Currently driving a Stug III, German t5 TD. Gun's exactly the same as the one I had on my Hetzer and the armour doesn't have the awesome slope the Hetzer had. It's faster, however, and I'll unlock the last gun for it in a few games, so it'll get a power boost then.

It's kinda annoying getting put into a game with Tier 8 Heavies, however. I can't put a shell through the side of some of those, never mind the front.

Got an M37, t3 American SPG, as well. Quite fun, but it needs the unlockable gun, the one it comes with is awful.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be fair the StuG has more pen then the t6 German TD, the JagdpzIV. It should go through the side of just anything you are seeing. The armor is pretty much the same; the StuG has more of it, but less slope.

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The game was good, but I think the grind is just really unbearable for me.

How do you guys stand it all?  :-\

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Play with friends.

There are a number Bay 12ers there. Even those having Tier VIII tanks upwards still keeping their mid tier tanks. :)
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The grind isn't that bad when you invest some money into the game. Buying a premium account really cuts down on the time you need to grind by several orders of magnitude.

I don't use premium anymore, so I cant really speak, but I still find the game enjoyable. Once you have enough tanks, you feel a lot better about just playing to play since you have so many choices.

And yes, playing with B12 members is fun :P

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

I predict WoWP wont be half as successful as WoT.

I can't say anything beyond this, but I think your prediction is wrong.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:29:03 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Someone is in the alpha ;)

I've talked with a few other alpha testers, and it seems to them the controls and feel of the planes are pretty bad right now. That and I fail to see how aerial combat can be as dynamic as ground combat.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The game was good, but I think the grind is just really unbearable for me.

How do you guys stand it all?  :-\

As I said in the planetside thread, you can't play f2p games and only play them to grind. You have to enjoy the actual gameplay, which is what keeps me coming back to World of Tanks. I stop playing when it's not fun anymore, and come back when I have the urge to. I actually DISLIKE the special extra experience and free premium weekends they sometimes have. Makes me feel like I have to take advantage of it and I always end up burning out on it for a few weeks.

My M4 and my Valentine are both elite tanks, both with 100% crews, only the secondary skills are being upgraded now, but I still play them because they're fun. I love the zippiness of the M4, while still having some decent armor and a relatively powerful weapon. I love the fact that the Valentine is a light tank that plays like a heavy and occasionally will get into a battle where it will just be pretty much invincible. (Although the low pen gun can be a bit of a pain sometimes, especially against AMX 38s and 40s). I have others I like as well that I'll play just for fun. But none of them that I've still got in my hangar at the moment.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you're feeling a little burnt out, I suggest buying a T82 or a Marder II.

Both have hilariously strong guns for their tier, and much fun can be had with blowing the crap out of enemy tanks.

Watch you don't get hit though - they're both kinda crunchy. They don't call the T82 the 'Jeep-o-Doom' for nothing - I think it has the weakest armor of any tank in the game.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I bought a tiger just before the 50% off... fml i could have a pznA, a lee and an m5 stuart with the money i woulda saved, plus i could actually afford a decent crew and to put my best researched gun/radio on the tiger

such is life...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

If you're feeling a little burnt out, I suggest buying a T82 or a Marder II.

Both have hilariously strong guns for their tier, and much fun can be had with blowing the crap out of enemy tanks.

Watch you don't get hit though - they're both kinda crunchy. They don't call the T82 the 'Jeep-o-Doom' for nothing - I think it has the weakest armor of any tank in the game.

Pretty much this, a roommate has a Marder and platooning up with him to marder some tanks is extremely fun to do.

And yeah, tanks you enjoy, I've found many tanks I simply grinded trough to be back in my garage and I'm much better with them and enjoy playing them more now that there is no need to rush the gun or tracks or whatever crap thing you need.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

how many people play eu btw?

i dont think ive ever seen anyone in a b12 channel in eu :(
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 251