Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211157 times)

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I submit the following for evidence :

1) T18 is regularly grouped with Tier 3 and Tier 4 tanks and tank destroyers. Why?
2) Nobody plays with the T18. This cannot suggest superiority.
3) Even with upgraded guns, the T18 sucks. I have shot a tetrarch 4 times with a 76mm in the side, hit, and not destroyed it. Many more examples of that.
4) T18 can be one-shot killed by most medium tanks... from the front. Was just killed in one hit by a T46 right in front of me. Definitely can be destroyed by a T3 or T4 tank destroyer.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1)TDs are generally grouped with slightly higher tiered tanks.
2)T18 is a low tier tank, people bypass it quickly and move on to the next tier.
3)Tetrarch is a bit tough for a light tank, just deal with it. Every tank has their nemesis, or tough to deal with tanks. In my fave, the valentine. The AMX 38 and 40 have impenetrable armor with the gun. Have to hope for a lucky shot on something like the scope, or maneuver well for a lucky shot at the back.
4) Most TDs can be killed pretty easily. They require different tactics. They're all Some are definitely hit an run type tanks. Find some cover and only fire a shot or two from any position. Alternatively, use your speed like a light and do some scouting. Or use the generally pretty good accuracy to do some long range sniping.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 09:27:55 pm by sluissa »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. How is that different from another T2 TD?
2. How is that different from another T2 TD?
3. The 75mm howitzer? If it doesnt pen, it will do crap for damage. I recommend the 2 pounder; 38pen vs 64, twice the RPM.
4. How is that different from another T2 TD?

T2 TDs are bad, I give you that, but the T18 is the best out of them.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1) T18 is regularly grouped with Tier 3 and Tier 4 tanks and tank destroyers. Why?

read a bit on the WoT wiki and found a "matchmakeing tier graph" that looks quite interesting...
http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Battle_Mechanics#Battle_Tiers
here the english version of the graph from the forum link in the wiki http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/10168-match-making-system/

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am nearly at the end of my quest to get all the tanks I want. Only have T30, Pershing, and BatChat left.

Also I have recently experienced the following to be OP...
T29 62% win rate??? Easily the best Tier 7 Heavy. T20 is also having good win rate. Never played US tanks before so probably gun depression suits me well. :D
Lorraine 40t - As long as you survive long enough til enemy tanks are half-dead, it rules!
Type 59 - Took a lot of effort to get 58% win rate in Panther II, with this, nadda, but 60% win rate.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

TD's get matched against higher tiers all the time.  Try playing SPG.  My Grille has gone against Tier 8 on occasion.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1. How is that different from another T2 TD?
2. How is that different from another T2 TD?
3. The 75mm howitzer? If it doesnt pen, it will do crap for damage. I recommend the 2 pounder; 38pen vs 64, twice the RPM.
4. How is that different from another T2 TD?

T2 TDs are bad, I give you that, but the T18 is the best out of them.
Okay, this is the kind of post I needed. Some practical advice included there. I didn't realize the howitzer was that bad at penetration. I need to read up a little more on that stuff. And I don't feel so bad now now about the T18.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Matchmaking needs a redo though. For example: TDs have the best matchmaking in the game for normal vehicles in tiers 3-8. At tiers 2 and 9, they get railed into bad matches. Mediums have decent matchmaking until T9; at T9 they get railed too. At T1-3, lights get great matchmaking. At T4 and 5, they get pounded into really high tier matches. The T5-8 French lights are an exception, in that they have roughly the same matchmaking as a heavy.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Slightly off-topic but World of Warplanes Closed Beta has started. It does seem to be really arcadey and I am concerned about how they will be able to make each plane behave and handle uniquely. After all, you're fighting in the clouds, no hills or houses to use as cover, so the only thing that matters is the handling of the plane.

World of Planes, by Gaijin, the maker or IL-2 series, on the other hand, is more realistic.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I predict WoWP wont be half as successful as WoT.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I agree, it's not as appealing because there are already flight combat games out there.Tank combat game is still rare!

I am more looking forward to World of Battleships but I guess they're trying to challenge World of Planes by developing and launching it at the same time.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

World of Planes, by Gaijin, the maker or IL-2 series, on the other hand, is more realistic.

I'm curious where you got this information. Last I checked Maddox games developed the IL-2 series. The only connection I can find is some vague reference to Gaijin being in partnership, along with a dozen other companies, with 1C games, Maddox's parent company.

More research has shown they did the IL-2: Birds of Prey "sequel". Retitled "Wings of Prey" for PCs. It was considered by most to be much more arcadey than the original IL-2 simulation. Even then, it should not be said they did the whole series. With this information, I don't expect War Thunder to be all that realistic. As well, World of Warplanes has shown that there will be several modes of play, including modes where ground attack is a goal, so it probably shouldn't be expected to be exclusively in the clouds.

Obviously it's too early to tell what each will be like and to compare them unless you're lucky enough to have gotten in on the testing of both. I'm still looking forward to trying each, but I don't expect anything like the original IL-2 out of either of them.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry bout the double post. But I don't think I could have ended my KV-1 career quite so well. My final battle in the KV-1, the one which pushed my XP up enough to get into the KV-1S, Ended with not only a top gun, but a steel wall. I was top tank, but I sat there tracked for probably 2 or 3 minutes, getting pounded on by at least 4 tanks, probably more, and possibly some artillery as well. They took me down to only 66 hp and damaged 3 major systems and both tracks and took out the commander, still managed to get several kills in that condition, including one lucky blind shot against a t-28 that was likely going to kill me soon. That win also got me several other awards and a Ace tanker for the KV-1. I'm happy now, even if that was a bit of a grind. (I'd already set it aside, after reaching the KV-3, thinking I didn't need it any longer.)

Also ended up with a second Top Gun of the day in my M4, several fun kills there including running circles around a jgpanzer and playing peek a boo over a few hill tops with some heavy tanks and hetzers.

Quit after that. Wasn't going to top either of those matches for today.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Reminds me of my Easy Eight, which I hated with a passion.

In her last three games before becoming Elite, she got 10 kills and a Master Ace badge. Then I sold her to move up to T20, which I love to bits!

Funny how these tanks that we don't perform well in could in rare instance have stellar performance.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

They want to stay, so they're giving one great performance to try and make you hold on.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 251