Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211149 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

KV gets higher matchmaking than the VK since it's a heavy, like the M6 and the ARL, and frankly it kind of deserves it :)

Also waiting on the patch, damnably slow download with this 56kb/s, will probably take most of the night :(

Can't wait to sell all these useless tanks that I'll be rolling in cash, now, do I buy the Lorrain or the KT, hmmmmm, heck I might even grab the Panther 2.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Welp this is going to take awhile to get sorted.

Still don't know my plan overall on what I want to keep and such.

T-150 can use the 107 so I'll probably end up dumping the KV-2 in favor of it.

Still don't know which line I want to (Fail to) attempt to keep going down though, seems like a classic case of Armour Vs Mobility though.

I might stick with in the IS simply because at the moment I have Four KVs in my garage and that's just boring.

But first goal will be obviously to elite the KV-2 and T-150.

KV-1 I'm of course still unsure about, will definitely need to find out how fun it is and how good it is at making money over the tier sixes in the area.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 04:02:40 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile

Matches are pretty ridiculous after this patch I've noticed. With sometimes over 50% of a tier 5 - 8 team being composed of KV-# variants :P

When I saw the patch notes I started rejoicing that my elite M4A3E2 Jumbo Sherman had become the most heavily hull armored tier 6 tank.(with its nemesis, the KV-3 being promoted to tier 7) Alas I forgot about the French heavy ARL that sports a 120 mm frontal hull plate.

But at the same time I learned that armor is completely overrated as are good guns and high acceleration as I just bough a T20 medium tank at a bargain price.

I don't know why that tank is so fun to drive even with near-stock gear. When you look at its stats they seem abysmal for a tier 7 but I picked it up after I heard some recommendations and I must say I'm not disappointed. What's good about it is not in the raw stats but rather in some practical boons like a compact size, low profile and great turret versatility. But still I've had some wonderfully satisfying matches in the T20 by being more of a nuisance than a threat to the enemy with my low-penetration rapid-fire cannon. That will change once I upgrade the cannon to 90 mm.

It completely revolutionized my play-style after playing the E2 like a heavy for so long. With paper-thin armor you no longer care about the enemies penetration stats since all gun past tier 4 are guaranteed to pen you. Positioning is twice as important now though and driving along with the main battle line is out of the question.

I'm also satisfied with my choice of TD as with my SU-85 I now have exclusive access to the former KVs legendary 107 cannon at tier 5.

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile

i'd like to point out that the 107mm isnt nearly as fun on the SU-85 because of it's fixed gun mount and its shortness. it's much harder to hit the sweet spots on tanks i find.
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Wow. This game is good.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile

if anyone on the NA servers would like to platoon up sometime, that would be pretty fun. my name on tanks is cganya and i have plenty of tanks between the 3rd and 7th tiers (only 1 t7, a jagdpanther)
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i'd like to point out that the 107mm isnt nearly as fun on the SU-85 because of it's fixed gun mount and its shortness. it's much harder to hit the sweet spots on tanks i find.
Thats easily remedied by the fact its more accurate, shoots faster, and has REALLY good matchmaking. You are pretty much guaranteed to get into a match where at least half the other team is going to cower from your 107 :P

SU-85 is my favorite tank in the game. 60% winrate over 1,000 battles in it!

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile

Thats easily remedied by the fact its more accurate, shoots faster, and has REALLY good matchmaking. You are pretty much guaranteed to get into a match where at least half the other team is going to cower from your 107 :P

SU-85 is my favorite tank in the game. 60% winrate over 1,000 battles in it!

very nice, i cant boast nearly as good stats but i did manage to utterly destroy a lowe with my kv without taking a single hit. amazing job on my part or idiot with a credit card - you decide!

i wont be home till late tomorrow if anywany wanted to join me in hopeless matches where at best we are 3 tiers lower than the majority of the other tanks.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I'm SPG, I'm always 3-4 tiers lower than everyone else :P

Matchmaker decided it would be fun to pit like 6 churchills against 6 KV-1s.  That was an interesting match.  A lot of roaring engines as a series of solid still blocks flicked sand at each other.  No one's penetrating anything!

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not so sure about this new KV-2. Its my old tank alright, but the matchmaking is just... rawr.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It feels silly for me going from an extremely well armored T6 heavy with 390 damage and decent turret traverse to a terribly armored T6 heavy with 300 damage and unbearable turret traverse. I mean honestly, how is the new KV-2 supposed to come anywhere close to the old KV-3 :C

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turret traverse isn't so bad if you turn while you're aiming. You'll expose your body, but its basically all track anyway.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

So, regular match runs up.  Teams rush, arty sits, this match drags on for a while.  Gets to the end, it's like 3v3 and I'm in a Grille (German SPG), there's an enemy Hummel (also German SPG), and it's 2v1.  My other ally is in a medium, and decides "I don't need to sit here capturing, I'm just gonna go kill this last SPG.  After all, I'm a tank!"  So he gets shot in the face, and an onlooker declares, "Grille vs Hummel, TD style."  Of course this is my specialty.  So this guy comes at me, and he just took down an ally tank so he clearly knows how to TD as well.  But I know how SPG works, so I get him to take a shot at me while we're both moving.  Hilarious miss, and I pop him in the chest and win the match.

Haven't had my heart race like that in a while.  It all hinged on one shot, and who's gonna get the hit and who's left footing the repair bill.  Exciting.  Love it.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its moments like those that keep me from quitting the game.

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The new KV3 is a class for itself. A gun from IS made it in my opinion the best t7 heavy. Armor is awesome and all-around opposite to tigerP although doesnt look so good on paper. One of two best guns in its tier (it doesnt feel like 0.46 acc). New engine gives you ability to make it to frontline before your whole team dies. However lower tiers are too bad now: T-150 is not so good t6, KV2 make a terrible one and KV1 is like a worst t5.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 251