Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211096 times)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because LOLderpCannon is hilarious
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because 107mm doesn't one-shot tier 5 tanks, and doesn't make them rage in the chat. :P
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hell, i've seen it get lucky shots on tanks it should have no business killing in one shot, like my T-34...  :P
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, the derp does have 76mm HE pen and nearly 100mm AP pen.

KVs make me so mad. They are just... overpowered as all hell. People say naw, just take advantage of their turret or whatnot, but a good KV will just position himself so you cannot even get that close.

Its not like I am thinking one-sided; I have a KV myself. Just pure overpowered in my hands also. The thing that balances it is the terribad matchmaking, but hell, that doesnt give any consolation to the people getting 1-shotted by it in tier 5 games.

So a kv one shots most lower tier tanks most of the time, when it hits. Then it is helpless for half a minute and has paper armor and a low speed/maneuverability. That kv 2 turret needed to mount either of its decent guns is a real handicap.

KV's are only really dangerous in packs.

The reload time is not that long. My KV reloads the 152 in just under 23 seconds, compared to my french tank's 40 seconds.

Im talking about tier 5 games. It has great armor for a tier 5, the speed is not that terrible, and will completely outplay any other t5 and lower tank in the game. It is simply the best. Sure, it gets fucked over in higher matches, but like I said, that is no consolation (or even a good reason) when you get 1-shotted by it in tier 5 matches.

I know the KV's ins and outs; it is my second most played tank. Its just purely OP when its not in a match higher then T7.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

KV and KV-3 are lovely.

KV's 152mm is the same gun as Tier VI - VIII soviet TD stock. (With 1 less RoF) so it's good for higher tiers too.

107 is extremely good too (I used that, never 152) and that can also oneshot T5 TDs and 2 shots for others isn't bad either.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just got my Jagdpanther.

See a jagdpanzer4 running around, says he just got his. I tell him the ins and outs of the tank, and finish with "dont expect too much; the jagdpz kinda sucks". He then proceeds to TK me for it and then tell me I am a terrible player.

Wut.

It just kinda sucks because even if I report him, nothing will happen. Wargaming has their stupid little TK system set up where even if you blatantly TK someone for the hell of it, its fine and dandy as long as you dont do it too often.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 11:48:35 pm by Rex_Nex »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

AHAHAH..

Sorry, that is just too funny in a silly kind of way XD

Also, got my AMX 13 90 two days ago and for the next five days it's on sale for half price X(

Still fun, can't wait for the 90mm to start my reign of raep >:3
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, got my AMX 13 90 two days ago and for the next five days it's on sale for half price X(

Even better, got mine around 1am GMT today, 4 hours before special.

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile

Nice to see that Bay12'ers play WoT as well. Love that game. Do you guys set up tank compagnies from time to time? I'm a bit sick of playing with randoms, about half my lost games is because our top tank is afk and medium tanks camp in base... idiotic stuff like that. Thankfully I do play a 2-player platoon with a friend frequently.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile

Am I the only one waiting for the newest patch? 7.2? Oh and, this new patch! Smooth game-loading :D

But yeah, which skills do you think you guys are gonna prefer?

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile

But yeah, which skills do you think you guys are gonna prefer?
Many of them look good, but one that looks like a game-changer for me is the intuition/premonition one that tells you when you are detected. Sounds very handy in many situations when you're scouting ahead or playing peek-a-boo with the enemy behind a rock.

What I don't like about the update is that it's gonna make life even harder for new players or even just players who just purchased their tank, compared to the ones with fully upgraded and equipped tanks with maxed out crews suited to their playstyles. Too bad, I think I'm gonna be tempted to completely max out my MS-1 and go cause carnage in those noob battles - which is very evil, because I remember being so discouraged at being instantly destroyed and feeling useless in those :P.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure the the MS-1 is gruesomely slow... Can't remember about the damage. You sure you want to do that bro?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

That won't happen, the devs thought about that and I think it's that everyone above 50 battles or so can't end up with someone who is under 50 battles in T1 battles.
Ofcourse by the 50th battle you won't be a godlike player that will be able to stand up to folks who have thousands of battles under their belt but it should give you a fair chance, also you should have atleast a T2 tank or two by then.

And the last mini patch is really screwing with my game, sure the loadings are awesome fast now but damn it I keep getting lagspikes every ten seconds, it's very annoying, especially if I'm playing a twitchy tank like the AMX13 :<
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wonder what my ping will be when I switch to 56kb Dial-up. I'm guessing somewhere between 300-400 ping, which is still kinda playable. If I'm lucky, maybe 200.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I'm on a wireless net that gets slowed down to some 60kbs after I go over 1 gig and the ping is around 100 with the lagspikes after the last patch.

AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 251