Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211023 times)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just find it funny that most tankers don't realise that derp KV takes a century to reload. The ones that do are usually surprised by my near 100% crew and my rammer, so I have faster reloads :P They must be thinking "right, he's fired, five seconds to get to him, three to aim, shoot, 10 to roll back, lets do this..." ... "OH NONONONO BIG MISTAKE HUGE MISTAKE".

Then when they realise not only have I taken cover to make them spend as much time possible trying to retaliate, i've also been reversing so that they end up in the open. Up shit creek without a paddle, so to speak ;) A 23/4 second reload isn't so bad when you get used to it, really.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 11:21:37 pm by dogstile »
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Heh I haven't used the Derp in ages, 107 just works so well for everything I do. After all, 152 may win a fight, but the 107 will win a battle. :P

Also in spite of the event I really haven't played much, I kinda wore myself out the previous weeks with free premium days from codes and what have you, I really forced myself to play more then usual a bit back there.

In any case I want to be prepared for a fair bit of playing once 7.1 comes, I'm really getting excited about the french tanks even though they might be kinda fail. Not to mention the Tetrarch which I kinda want to bugger around in, sadly I doubt you will be able fly them into battles on gliders.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 11:24:47 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They should totally add that feature. You have to wait two minutes to deploy, but you can deploy anywhere, would really change up a battle.

Overpowered? Probably. Fun? YES
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

French tank experience, based on the test server
I
R-17: Good tier 1 plinker when fully upgraded. Low top speed despite godlike acceleration. 8/10
II
H35: Best of tier. Armor indestructible against non-gold ammo in most matches. Only downside is undergunned. 10/10
D1: Worse at everything then H35. 6/10
III
AMX 38: Terribly undergunned. Armor resistant against frenchmen, not so much anybody else. 4/10
D2: Gun still subpar, armor reasonable. Slow. 6/10
IV
AMX 40: Gets even worse at shooting, armor bounces other frenchmen with t1 guns but won't hold up against other nations. 3/10
B1: Slower and less armor then AMX 40. Gun better but still below average. 4/10
V
AMX 12t: PzIII/IV equivalent given Chaffee matchmaking. 1/10
BDR G1B: slightly worse at everything compared to KV. Also gets fucked by matchmaking. 3/10
VI
AMX 13 75: fast, highly damaging ambusher/raider. Loooong reload times and total lack of armor means 15 seconds of action and 45 seconds of downtime. 7/10
ARL 44: A tiger's retarded cousin. Also gets fucked by matchmaker. 2/10
VII
AMX 13 90: like it's 75mm variant but better at everything. Can kill same tier enemies in a single volley, retreat, reload and lay another ambush. Also good for flanking. Non-existent armor but decent hp. 8/10
AMX M4(1945): King Tiger's obese cousin. matchmaker is slightly friendlier 5/10
VIII
Lorraine 40t: Flanker from hell. Each cylinder can do 1800 damage, reliably killing every tier 8 and most of tier 9 enemies in 12-13 seconds if you get behind them. Also fast and decent at ambushing. Still no armor. 8/10
AMX 50 100: Poor man's Loraine. 7/10
IX
Bat Chatillion 25t: Followup to AMX 13 line. Redundant by presence of Lorraine but not significantly worse. 7/10
AMX 50 120: Higher burst dps in exchange for lower total. Bigger brother to the Lorraine, lacking in speed but with more armor. Also snipes like a boss. 8/10
X
AMX 50B: Ammo rack is in front of unarmored turret. Identical to 50 120 otherwise. 6/10
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just leaving a message wondering where all the Bay12ers went to. I remember the game had a pretty active group a while back. Recently just got back into playing it myself with some friends of mine and I'd be moderately interested in doing some tank company battles with some Bay12ers if there were some who would want to play.

That is assuming of course that the Bay 12 channel is gone. I couldn't find one and made one titled 'Bay 12' as that is what was mentioned in the first post.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 05:25:17 pm by Denzi »

cganya

• Bay Watcher
  • Commander Anya Snow
    • View Profile

i would totally be up for some tanks with other b12'ers
My current project: Playing through might and magic 6 and posting the videos on youtube.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=136329.msg5003966#msg5003966

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Well it depends on which servers you guys are, I'm on EU and play almost every day, sometimes in the afternoon sometimes in the evening, so if any of you feel like some platooning fun just call :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

So, what is the special thing about French tanks? From what I've heard they have like multiple cannons on a single turret at a time.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

So, what is the special thing about French tanks? From what I've heard they have like multiple cannons on a single turret at a time.

Multi-Turret control isn't coming just yet.

However starting at around Tier 6 (I think) They will start equipping Autocannons which is essentially a revolver type system, 6 incredibly fast reloaded shells then a horribly long reload.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Along with oscillating turrets.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I miss the 5x XP.

Of course, now I need about 3 million credits to afford the tanks I've unlocked... but I still miss the massive XP.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didnt unlock any high tier tanks :[ I have this hope in the back of my mind that I can get the T34 before 7.1, but I doubt it. Im 90k XP and 1m credits off of it, after selling the T32.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well it depends on which servers you guys are, I'm on EU and play almost every day, sometimes in the afternoon sometimes in the evening, so if any of you feel like some platooning fun just call :D
I've been playing with cganya a bit, so I'm assuming we're both in the NA server cluster. I didn't even know they had the servers seperated like that though. It would make sense though.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Getting excited with the upcoming French tanks release.

Anyone still playing in NA server? We should setup Bay 12 Company sometime. My in-game name is Elsior but I don't play with Premium.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am, although not until the new patch. I've taken a break.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 251