Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211039 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like I said, the german 105 (the second one) has 225 pen, that makes a world of difference between being able to reliably hurt tanks of equal and higher tier, something that takes great skill and knowledge with the american 105 (plus all the extra accuracy).
The 122 on the other hand has much more alpha damage (and isn't the only gun the IS-3 can use) so the price and pen are both justified while the US 105 just doesn't cut it when it comes to these things, sure the gun is good at T7 but it falls short with an audible thud at T8 (and more horrifyingly at T9, but will be changed 'soon').

Yes, it is quite underpowered on the T32 (and T34, although luckily that tank can eventually mount a monster 120mm), but calling it "not much of an upgrade" over the 90mm is a bit of a stretch. Its a monster gun for its tier; you cant really compare it to the IS3 and KT's weapons; they are a tier over the T29. The 122mm from the IS is a HUGE letdown, the inaccuracy will not amuse you and the low penetration is a slap in the face. The 88mm on the Tiger is decent, but it is mounted on a failure of a tank. The T29 gets a good weapon on a good tank. Unarguably the best tier 7 after the 7.0 patch.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Test #2 is up.
highlights:
-DCA 45 penetration and firing speed reduced.
-ARL health nerfed
Ever wanted to drive a the tier 6 equivalent of the tiger before they buffed it at the end of beta? now is your chance.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

T-59 is also getting its matchmaking hightened. No more is it getting in only tier 8/9 games; It'll see tier 10s and tier 9 meds now too.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

So it seems everyone will be getting one of these for christmas, seems nice enough :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yea :) I cant wait :)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

So it seems everyone will be getting one of these for christmas, seems nice enough :)

Another T3 light? Can't we just a get T8 or something? I already have the T-127!
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like a T5 premium. Obviously they wont give us a high tier; would make the Lowe and T-59 useless and lose them a huge chunk of future cash, but a T5 would be nice.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like a T5 premium. Obviously they wont give us a high tier; would make the Lowe and T-59 useless and lose them a huge chunk of future cash, but a T5 would be nice.

Agree, a T5 prem would be better too.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A tip if you ever run into an AMX50B: headshot it.
Spoiler: why this works (click to show/hide)
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just about 2 mins ago, ran an awesome game in my KV(derp, of course), got 4 kills and raked in 2.9k EXP and 14K credits.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 11:52:03 am by Hitty40 »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, 14 credits? Hawt. You could buy like... 7 rounds for a tier 2 weapon with that...

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, 14k credits? Hawt. You could buy like... a few hundred HE rounds for the KV's derp gun with that...

Fixed.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, the Derp KV is my money maker. I always pull in around 10k a game with that thing and that's on bad games. Totally keeping this tank.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep. The two best moneymakers (imho) are the Sherman Jumbo followed by the KV. Sherman is just a beast (or at least was, before the HE nerf) pulling in 20k a game, up to about 70k. Derp KV is hilarious... 10-20k is norm, too, so its good!

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just don't miss with the Derp gun. You'll know what being zerged feels like once you fire off a round and watch the reload counter slooooooooooooowly clock down. Ofcourse, if you can weather the barrage that follows, another small tank is going to die. :)
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 251