Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210959 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The 122mm cannon is useful in high tier battles. Whatchu talkin' bout willis? I use the 105mm cannon exclusively at tier 6, and that has even less damage then the 122 at tier 5.

Regardless, we are talking about which turret to use until you get the big guns, so...

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I never got the hang of the 152mm KV gun. I tried it for some time then went back to the stock turret and the 76mm while grinding for the (awesome) 107.

Two shots a minute means you either hit or die, and the ammo cost meant I didn't break even most games.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I switch between the 122 and the non-stock 76. Both are useful in pretty much every battle, IMHO. I like the 122 though, for simple damage output and splash. 76 is easier to snipe with though.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

The KV's 152mm is a very good EXP generator.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mmm, I agree. The 152 probably makes more XP; one-shotting tier 7 tds is extremely awesome.

The 107 is still the better cannon, though. You get more then one chance with it.

My problem is that I have played the SU-85 though. Think of the KV's 107mm, give it more accuracy, make it shoot faster, and put it against lower tier tanks. Thats the glory that is the SU-85/107mm. Makes the KV/107 less enjoyable. I have to play with the 152 to even enjoy that thing :P

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

The best way to use the 152 on the KVs is if you are in a platoon with two other 152mm KVs and you use skype to coordinate as a wolfpack. You also need to make good use of cover.

The lead kv comes around the corner, lets loose and backs up. Most enemies will know that means they have 30 seconds to kill that kv and come around the corner at you, and be staring down the stubby and fully loaded barrels of another 304mm of derp.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh god a 304mm derp cannon.

Pretty sure they call that a "nuke".

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh god a 304mm derp cannon.

Pretty sure they call that a "nuke".
The Sturmtiger gets 380mm of it. About once or twice every match. On the other hand, you can lob one into the houses on Himmelsdorf and kill everything in the street below.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sounds like a very dumb tank. You chose one person to shoot, ruin their game, and hope to god you live the next few minutes to reload and ruin someone else's day.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I suppose you could argue that. I guess it depends on how you play the KV. The less shots you take, the less HP matters... I find that since you will be in high tier battles mostly, that 100hp will rarely save you :P.

In high tier battles nothing will really save you :P
I play KV for the low tier battles mostly. With the 107mm cannon it is the most powerful tank of tier V.

Some proof:   (beware! 1920x1080 screenshots)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is my best achievement from any tank so far. Was a truly epic battle! (as you see in my 10% HP left) :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 02:13:40 am by Rafal99 »
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, yes. 107 is the best cannon, definitely :)

The only time I would prefer a different cannon is probably if I had a 105mm Sherman and got behind everyone. Woo-hoo, 6 second reload, 400 damage cannon XD

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

KV is definitely a fun tank, been working on unlocking the Arty on it so I can finally elite it, gotta keep it regardless because of the tech tree changes coming.

Also my KV-3 is 10k XP away from unlocking the IS, heh.

Also debating on what tree to go on after the Panzer IV, Maus line or the E-100 line. Maus is the end goal I would want to go for but seeing as its doubtful I would get past tier 7/8 it'd probably be better to be stuck on the Tigers then to be stuck on the Porsche tanks of the same tier.

I would just stick with the Panzer IV for money making but... Tier 5 mediums just don't ever get into winning matches if I drive them. Seriously, M4...40%...Panzer IV...41% compared to my Stug III, 59% and KV-3, 62%.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 05:42:24 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep your KV (with box turret) and KV3. If you happen to make it to the IS4 before the tech tree changes, keep that too. KV3 is gong to tier 7, KV will give you a KV-1 and KV-2 with free garage slots as long as you bought the turret, and the IS4 is going to go to tier 10.

Unless you are doing it for a clan, don't go the Maus line. It has a couple good tanks, but most are irritating and the maus itself is going to make you rage. Its a awesome tank in clan wars, dont get me wrong, but in pubbies it is just a low damage tier 10 that can't evade arties.

TDs get into the same matches are Mediums, and Heavies can get into matches 1 tier higher then both of them. If you want a good credit grinding tank, grab a SU-85. Make yourself some cash. You get the matchmaking of a TD with the firepower of a KV. Although if you are keeping your KV3 and KV, those two tanks can make cash fine.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Keep your KV (with box turret) and KV3. If you happen to make it to the IS4 before the tech tree changes, keep that too. KV3 is gong to tier 7, KV will give you a KV-1 and KV-2 with free garage slots as long as you bought the turret, and the IS4 is going to go to tier 10.
Oh I know quite well about the tech tree changes ( I even referenced them in my post) Not getting to the IS-4 by the time of the changes though, I'm too lazy for that.

TDs get into the same matches are Mediums, and Heavies can get into matches 1 tier higher then both of them. If you want a good credit grinding tank, grab a SU-85. Make yourself some cash. You get the matchmaking of a TD with the firepower of a KV. Although if you are keeping your KV3 and KV, those two tanks can make cash fine

I have the Stug(Elited Even) already and I love it and own with it, I do not need another Tank destroyer. (Nor do I have the room for one) KV also makes good money, and my Valentine also serves as a pretty good money maker (It got its MM adjusted so the highest level match it gets is T4 meaning its actually quite good now)  Plus thanks to all the tier 5s I have at the moment I'm currently sitting on 3.2 mill credits. :P

Also, the Problem with the E-100 Line is that if I ever do get as far as tier 10 with that line its kinda meh because I don't like the look of the E-100. :P

Can't wait for the new German TD line though, Stug has enough XP that I should be able to jump right into it.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:49:55 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just wanted to make sure you knew about needing the box turret. And the IS4...

The E-100 might look bad, but in all honesty it is by far the most powerful tier 10. It has the best cannon, decent armor, and decent speed.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 251