Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210941 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Premium tank is Sherman E4. Jumbo is Sherman E2, with better frontal armour as opposed to its speedier counterpart E8.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Premium tank is Sherman E4. Jumbo is Sherman E2, with better frontal armour as opposed to its speedier counterpart E8.

Yep. The Sherman E4 is a heavy, but the lack of decent speed or gun makes me want to pass it up. The Sherman E2 is nicknamed the "Jumbo". It has 100mm of sloped front armor and 177 (?)ish armor of frontal turret armor. At tier 6. The Sherman E8 is nicknamed the "Easy Eight". It is very zippy, has low armor, but if it gets behind you, you are going to feel the pain of a cannon with nearly the DPS of a tier 10. The 130 pen is pretty bad, though.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the clarification, as I understand you also get experience for being "spotted", as in the more time you stay alive while your enemies can see you, the more experience you get.

You misunderstood it, it is the other way:
You get experience for spotting not for being spotted, but spotting only is not enough, what counts is enemies being damaged WHILE you spot them. I remember reading that every time a tank damages enemy tank, it gets some xp, while some xp is divided among all friendly tanks that had the damaged enemy tank in their line of sight.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

You also get bonus XP for being the first one to spot the tank.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Also cash thing, if you are spotting a tank for your teammates (that they wouldn't usually see without you) half of the cash they would get for damaging it goes to you. Which is why staying alive as a scout is much better than rushing in just to get the initial spotting bonus.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it just me or are tracks slightly weaker. I never used to get immobilized. I'm still using the same tanks and its happened in the last eleven games. Its getting rather annoying
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it just me or are tracks slightly weaker. I never used to get immobilized. I'm still using the same tanks and its happened in the last eleven games. Its getting rather annoying
Tracks have been the same for months. I know sometimes it feels like something got nerfed, but that is just your brain playing tricks on you.

If you have been around long enough to notice the track change a half a year ago or so, then yes they were changed. The change made it harder to track someone, however. Before you just had to hit them in the general area of their tracks, now you have to hit one of the wheels holding the track up. These wheels are in the very front and back of the track section.

A possible explanation is that you haven't played in a long time, and you are just seeing normal progression in the player base. There are more and more competent players now. My IS-4 is feeling it because of everything penning it :[
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 11:55:46 am by Rex_Nex »

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, it must be. Luckily, i've moved up to a t-28 rather than my old light tank, so instead of screaming bullshit at track hits, i'm screaming bullshit at being one shotted by a tank destroyer.

I think this game is bad for me, but i can't...stop... playing XD
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Finally got the SU-5, and won my first battle with it. Barely. Need about 3k XP to get the 152mm gun and then it's just grinding for the SU-8.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

So, i sold my T20 (elite), Hummel(elite) and Tiger(elite) to get a T34 which is now stock as hell and barely makes 1k on a good match ;__;
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

Got my JagdPz IV. I love it.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, what gun should i work for getting the T-28. Right now its like i'm shooting tennis balls at people (nothing seems to go through other medium tanks) so i'm not sure.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The 85mm. An elite T-28 with the 85mm gun is quite fun. I've kept that tank just for pure enjoyment.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oi... that 85mm aims too slow and is too inaccurate for my tastes. Don't get me wrong, thats a lot of firepower on a t4, but the 57mm gun hits accurately, fast, and has really nice pen.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm probably going to end up spending 2200 on the last 57mm purely to make the wait to get the 85mm a little more bearable, its really quite annoying hearing "It bounced!" 12 shots in a row against a T-50
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 251