Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210930 times)

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

8v1 and we lost. And we had full-hp tanks that were the same tier as the 1 guy left.
Met PiraTeS? Got trolled? Have to like it.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm on the NA server as SomeOtherGuy. Only up to tier 2 though so far.
Also, PiraTeS?
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yea, I dont know either Person.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

Yea, I dont know either Person.

He means pirates. As in arrg.

On top of that, I finally got my VK3601 and it's freaking awesome ungodly horrible. Only good thing about is the derp gun on it.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm of the opinion that everyone thinks every tank is horrible the first few times they play with it. Each has their own quirks that have to be learned. The KV was a pain for me for a while until I learned to play defensive. Higher tier lights were a pain until I learned to stop trying to be a main battle tank and just kind of harass, distract and *gasp* scout (not suicide, more like, find a good middle area bush and stay still until battles start breaking out around you.)

Mediums were a pain for a bit until I realize their strength is in numbers. Unless you're high on the list, you need to stick in groups, assisting heavy tanks or wolf packing with other mediums (and maybe a light or two with derp guns.)

Even beyond those general descriptions, each tank has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm of the opinion that everyone thinks every tank is horrible the first few times they play with it. Each has their own quirks that have to be learned. The KV was a pain for me for a while until I learned to play defensive. Higher tier lights were a pain until I learned to stop trying to be a main battle tank and just kind of harass, distract and *gasp* scout (not suicide, more like, find a good middle area bush and stay still until battles start breaking out around you.)

Mediums were a pain for a bit until I realize their strength is in numbers. Unless you're high on the list, you need to stick in groups, assisting heavy tanks or wolf packing with other mediums (and maybe a light or two with derp guns.)

Even beyond those general descriptions, each tank has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Yeah, light tanks are always used as scouts unless in the T1-T3 fights, while mediums are more used for either protecting Arty, backing up heavy tanks or grouping together in a wolfpack and taking down things as you go.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I keep looking for the Bay 12 channel whenever I'm on, but it doesn't ever seem to exist.
I could use a person or two to platoon with. My main tanks right now are a kv, kv3 and a su85.

Also is it just me or does the experience seem to be slightly random. One match I got five kills (+ four damages and a few scouts) with my kv and was rewarded with 5 grand of experience, on another match I got 9 kills (+ a damage or two and many scouts) and only received 1.5 grand of experience, even after doubling.
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I Also is it just me or does the experience seem to be slightly random. One match I got five kills (+ four damages and a few scouts) with my kv and was rewarded with 5 grand of experience, on another match I got 9 kills (+ a damage or two and many scouts) and only received 1.5 grand of experience, even after doubling.

If I had to take a guess, the 5,000 experience was on one of the 5x specials, since (looking it up) looking at some of the top players, their best rounds are all around ~3k. My personal best is only 1,572 (before doubling.)

Other factors to consider: XP is rewarded for the amount of damage you inflict, not the number of kills. Killing 9 enemies is great, but if each of them was only at 1% health when you killed them, you'll earn a lot less then killing 5 enemies at 100% health.
The tier of enemy also is counted in: You'll earn more in your KV killing tier 7s and 8s then stomping tier 3s or 4s.
Also, If there was any arty using you for a LOS, you may have earned some XP as a spotting bonus.

Edit: If you're going by the same name in WoT, your best round ever was 1,588 XP, so your 5k round would definately be one of the 5x bonuses they run on the weekends.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 01:47:54 pm by AlStar »

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the clarification, as I understand you also get experience for being "spotted", as in the more time you stay alive while your enemies can see you, the more experience you get.

My round with nine kills I was in a tier 3-5 match, but not many of them were previously damaged.

Edit: I can see you thoroughly enjoy the kv as well
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 01:59:33 pm by nichaey »
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Researched the 128mm gun on my E-75 yesterday. It's so good
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Took out an IS with my KV, stock gun. He was sitting on a hill, so I went hull down on him and shot at his turret (the only bit I could see). Alas, I couldn't penetrate his armour, but it seems he couldn't shoot at me, so he moved forward, I tracked him then happily shot at his underbelly until friendly arty pulled their finger out and opened up on him, taking out the last 6% of his health.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If your on the US server, add me! Rex_Nex

As for the VK3601, I dont see why people dont like it. When fully upgraded, it is a fassttt tank with good firepower. The Derp gun isn't so great on it, but I guess it isnt terrible. The 88 is pretty nice, the pen is a bit iffy but otherwise good.

I'm having LOADS of fun on my Jumbo.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The 3601 is only terrible untill you upgrade it, afterwards it's hands down one of the best mediums out there, and i think this is because it's more of a hybrid like some other tanks that i find insanely good and fun (T20, light/medium, T32 heavy/medium, JPanther medium/td, Stug light/TD etc.)

Most of these tanks suck when they are stock, once upgraded and mastered they are easily the best in the game mostly because they are versatile as hell while being good enough in their default roles to be always useful.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The 3601 is only terrible untill you upgrade it, afterwards it's hands down one of the best mediums out there, and i think this is because it's more of a hybrid like some other tanks that i find insanely good and fun (T20, light/medium, T32 heavy/medium, JPanther medium/td, Stug light/TD etc.)

Most of these tanks suck when they are stock, once upgraded and mastered they are easily the best in the game mostly because they are versatile as hell while being good enough in their default roles to be always useful.

Get the Jumbo then :D Its like a VK3601 with better armor.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get the Jumbo then :D Its like a VK3601 with better armor.

Isn't the jumbo a premium tank?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 251