Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210898 times)

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally got the good gun for the KV. Now it's my SU-85 that needs a bit of xp grinding.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally got the good gun for the KV. Now it's my SU-85 that needs a bit of xp grinding.

The 107? That's a great gun. Get used to it - you'll be using it the entire time you're in a KV-3 as well - the other two guns are, at best, sidegrades (although still worth picking up eventually, so that you can put them on your IS when you get it.)

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep. I had the 107 on the SU-85 before the release wipe and that gun destroyed anything. Been focusing on the KV lately so I gained it there first. I just got the SU-85 again though, so now I have to grind up another 14400 xp since the guns are apparently slightly different. At least I can play with it on the KV, but I prefer the SU-85 really. IIRC the SU-100 feels like a downgrade.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

The 107? That's a great gun. Get used to it - you'll be using it the entire time you're in a KV-3 as well - the other two guns are, at best, sidegrades (although still worth picking up eventually, so that you can put them on your IS when you get it.)

The 107 is the general purpose KV gun. However, the 155 "derp" gun as it is called is incredible if you are playing in a pack of KVs. No one expects to take 3 derp shots in 5 seconds and it will kill most anything.

I still play, but rarely. Im on the US server as SpoonForkHybrid.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I honestly like the 122 on the KV more than the 152. I hate the huge turret required for the 152. The 122 still does a ton of damage, even if it's only HE and can kill almost anything lower tier in a couple of shots at most.

I'll switch between the 122 and the non-stock 76. They both seem like good guns. The 76 is a decent sniping gun with a good rate of fire. Can hurt lighter tanks pretty badly and can penetrate almost anything the KV is paired up against from at least the side. I'm not even going for the 107, just going to go straight for the KV-3 I think.

Otherwise, currently grinding that along with my M4 Sherman. I've got a M3 Stuart I'm having fun with and a Valentine I grind for money( and fun, and crew xp.) I also play my hetzer occasionally. Still think it's a fun little TD even though it frequently gets outclassed and the side/back armor are almost paper.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I prefer the 100 over the 107 on the KV-3, slightly less damage, higher RoF and penetration with better accuracy, pretty much the best soviet gun imo (besides the BL-10).

And my money problems are even bigger now, unlocked the GW Panther and the Pershing but i still have to get the T34 first and i'm not much closer to it in terms of cash, i have a feeling i will have to sell something sooner than i'd like to in order to get it before the switch.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hetzer is much better now than it was in beta.

I'm not grinding on from the KV for the time being, I just want the free tank and slot when they split the KV and KV-2 (they're still doing that right?). Focusing on soviet and american TD's now.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that was a rumor. I haven't heard anything else about a kv kv-2 split except in this thread.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

I think that was a rumor. I haven't heard anything else about a kv kv-2 split except in this thread.

I've heard about it from some real life friends who introduced me to tanks. They have been playing since the beta, and I believe them, tanks have split like that before.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I I'm not even going for the 107, just going to go straight for the KV-3 I think.

I'd honestly recommend getting the 107 - it's a great gun on both the KV and KV-3... and, perhaps more to the point, the default gun on the KV-3 is just horrible, and the 100 is going to be a long way away if you're grinding with a stock gun.

From their Blog: http://overlord-wot.blogspot.com/2011/10/new-tanks-in-2011.html

Overlord said...
Q: Also, what about the KV/KV-3/IS-4 splits/moves?

A: Q1 2012.

edit: Jopax, I might've beaten you to the punch, but you picked the better blog entry - I was looking for that one, but could only find this one, where the question is answered in the Q/A section.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 03:50:11 pm by AlStar »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

It's happening in Q1 2012.

More info about all changes here:
http://overlord-wot.blogspot.com/2011/04/full-tech-trees-revised-and-improved.html

Edit:Ninja ;__;
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

How many players have we got on the NA and how many on the EU and lets not forget about the third, which is the Russian.

NA as Rilder, I don't think there is enough bay12er manpower to really be worth a clan,

Edit: Also

I moved in to the 122 on my KV-3 pretty much the moment I could and I would go ahead and say its better, the stats might not make it look like an upgrade but I feel that its a much better gun.  Its accurate (Even at full speed I've found) hits hard and penetrates almost anything.

The Ammo cost and reload speed hurts but its other advantages seem to outweigh it, Its one of those things in the game were the stats don't actually seem to be an accurate representation of how good it is.

My favorite battle with it was one where I got 5 kills and the only kill while stopped was an arty that popped out while I was capping, and every kill was a 1-shot.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 06:11:23 pm by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love the 107/KV combo.

My favourite round with it was when I won 2v1 against another fully upgraded KV and an M6 while getting no dmg (bounced 3 107mm KV shots, M6 ran away with 31%)

1k exp and 300k creds away from KV-3 :)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:[

8v1 and we lost. And we had full-hp tanks that were the same tier as the 1 guy left.

:[

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

Was in my StuG and I was halfway through capping the other teams' flag(and I was by myself) when their Wolverine turned around and drove from our end to his end, he started shooting at me, and it was around 80 points and I was just sitting there, shooting at him, hitting him and he couldn't even hit me, and we were about 80m away from each other. I basicly won that game like a boss.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 251