Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210901 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

Been having fun with my Panzer II, SU-18 and Panzerjager 1. Just saving up the XP for the SU-26 and Marder II, as well as the credits to buy them and the Panzer III (~50,000 each!!!). I seem to be doing best with the SU-18, so I'll likely buy the SU-26 next.

The USSR Arty are very good, slow reload times, but make it up for alot of damage.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SU-26 is a really good artillery. Its the only one in the game with a turret, meaning it is hyper-accurate and quick to react to situations. It doesn't do a heck of a lot of damage though...

Marder II can rape any tank that is focused elsewhere. Its also very camouflaged and is tied with 2-3 other tanks for farthest view range in the game. Not that it will see any T10s, but a Marder can penetrate the front of a T30, sides of a IS7, and back of a E-100. I don't think it can do anything to a Maus though :P

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

It was a rocky start at first, I mean my first 10 battles in it were losses but once I got the L/70 she really started coming into her own and can really lay down the hurt and has a really nice maneuverability to it.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 04:37:59 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

Enjoying the SU-26 and the Panzer III A, the latter especially now that I've got a gun capable of penetrating stuff stronger than paper, i.e. anything that isn't a Panzer II. Keep getting set up against heavy tanks though, and I've got no hope there. Still saving for the 122mm for the SU-26 and the Marder II.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SU-26 is a really good artillery. Its the only one in the game with a turret, meaning it is hyper-accurate and quick to react to situations. It doesn't do a heck of a lot of damage though...
With the 122mm gun + the more expensive ammo (it has HE, HE and HEAT), the second one does much higher dmg and penetration...
Of course, it doesn't do much against Tier 5+ tanks, but I've oneshotted T-28s and it can do up to 40% dmg to KVs, so it's not that bad. The 76mm is rather weak though.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got IS-4, going to work on Pershing now albeit still stuck at Lee!  :P

Username Elsior (NA server), btw!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

I'm halfway to the T34 myself, gotta rush the damn thing now that they've said the switch is happening by the end of the year :(

This is messing up my plans of getting the KT anytime soon, have it unlocked for over a month but something always makes me spend the saved up money, and the Pershing will be coming soon so there's another two mil gone while i can barely make any money with most of my tanks.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got IS-4, going to work on Pershing now albeit still stuck at Lee!  :P

Username Elsior (NA server), btw!
I have a Pershing. You will like it. The Pershing plays a lot like a slightly less armored T32 American Heavy; hell, they look almost identical. It's not that fast, but it still makes the cut for a medium. Faster then heavies, at least.

Also, American Mediums (and tanks) get awesome guns and gun depression (They aim down very well). That makes them very versatile. Also, a couple American tanks have glitched hitzones making their turret effectively invulnerable. I don't mean the American heavies, they have that purposely, but the Wolverine, Slugger, and Pershing all have invulnerable spots in their frontal turret armor. This makes them pretty good facehuggers.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 11:02:45 am by Rex_Nex »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Remember guys as soon as the server comes up (Restarting as of this post) The Battle of Moscow event starts.

http://worldoftanks.com/news/782-battle-moscow-specials/
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems like the thread is dieing, but I'm interested...

How many players have we got on the NA and how many on the EU and lets not forget about the third, which is the Russian.

So... point is, I'd like to make a list which contains Bay12 Forum Name, WoT Game Name and all these categorised into which server you play on. Hopefully, we'll be able to set up some clan or channel more effectively this way. (No idea if Channels work for all servers or only the one they are created on, but if I remember right, clans are international.)

Bay12 Name/WoT In-Game Name, if only one name is specified, the names are identical.

North American Server
  • BuriBuriZaemon - Elsior
  • Rex_Nex
  • Rilder
  • Person - SomeOtherGuy

European Server
  • Olemars
  • Wimopy
  • Simmura McCrea
  • Jopax

Russian Server

Quick note; I'll start searching previous posts for names/servers tomorrow.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 04:42:36 am by Wimopy »
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I play on the EU server, but only occasionaly.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile

I'm on the EU server as some variation of Simmura McCrea. Possibly underscored or unspaced.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Jopax on EU forums.

Also just a few battles away from unlocking the T34 (i can already do it but i'm saving the free xp) and then i need another 2.5 million to actually buy the damn thing, but i think i've made it just in time :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

NA as Rex_Nex

Also:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 06:46:31 am by Rex_Nex »

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile

I am now the proud owner of a T29.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 251