Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210847 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jopax: I grind credits with a Valentine, and tend to enjoy it. Speed is not something I worry about.

Olemars: I know they've done silly things like that in the past. Any idea if your other slots have to be full to get the free tank slot?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Nope, you will get the slot regardless of you garage capacity, you only need to have the KV for it to happen.The same will be with the IS-4, T34 and some other tanks i belive but i can't remeber which ones, there was quite the whine about german tanks getting screwed over again and whatnot.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, with good reason, in my opinion. They do seem to give favor to the soviet tanks a bit openly.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, this is nice. I JUST ground up to the KV, found out after selling the t-28, I had JUST enough to buy it and put ammo in it. I joined a battle, and got stuck at the top of the list. :)

I got killed. Still it is SOOOOO nice to have a tank that isn't getting one shotted constantly.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi guys, I just came back from long term hiatus and I am wondering who are still playing WoT?

My in-game name: Elsior. I own a KV, KV-3, IS, T-34, T-34/85, Pz35(t), and Lowe and I have 1400 battles under my belt (plus another 2000 in Closed Beta), so give me a shout out if you're just starting out!

Journier and I usually teamed up together in Closed Beta, where is he nao???
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bit late, but the american tds have been released along with 2 new maps (4 new maps if you haven't played in a while; another update came out a little while before this).

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

I still play, but not nightly. I have unlocked most of the german tanks.

I have hummel, GW Panther, jagdpanzer, tiger, tiger 2, DB, Lowe, leopard, pz3, loltraktor, m4, easy 8, kv, kv-3, maybe a couple I cant recall. I need to put in some time to get the credits for my VK as I have enough free xp to unlock it right now.

Make sure to keep the kv and kv-3 as they will split soon and give you extra slots and tanks.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is this game worth checking out? Is it really free? My interest is piqued.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

It is mostly free.
For free you get i think 5 slots for different tanks and access to about 90% of the tanks in the game.

You can buy gold with money, that gold can buy extra slots, a premium account, gold tanks, gold ammo and conversion of xp.
Extra slots give you more tanks at once, a premium account speeds up the rate of credit and xp gain, gold ammo is generally both AP and HE, gold tanks tend to suck, except for the kv-5 and lowe and they are not better than the tier 9 or 10 tanks, conversion allows xp from one tank to be used on another.

It is worth checking out. Right now your best bet if you plan to play for free is to get up to the kv-3 in the russian line ASAP, so you can get extra slots.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's free, but you really cant support the higher tier tanks with a non premium account.
Even with a premium account its hard to break even with the top tier tanks, you usually end up losing money.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is mostly free.
For free you get i think 5 slots for different tanks and access to about 90% of the tanks in the game.

You can buy gold with money, that gold can buy extra slots, a premium account, gold tanks, gold ammo and conversion of xp.
Extra slots give you more tanks at once, a premium account speeds up the rate of credit and xp gain, gold ammo is generally both AP and HE, gold tanks tend to suck, except for the kv-5 and lowe and they are not better than the tier 9 or 10 tanks, conversion allows xp from one tank to be used on another.

It is worth checking out. Right now your best bet if you plan to play for free is to get up to the kv-3 in the russian line ASAP, so you can get extra slots.
As said above. Be aware that all the tanks you can purchase with cash are slightly worse then the ones you could buy without spending a dime in-game. So you will never feel like you are facing off against "those paying players" and have no chance of winning.

Pretty much the only thing Gold does is reduce a ton of grinding. The gameplay is all there or either player.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there any chance for a wipe? After having to grind SPG again once more, I don't want the devs to reset everything back to 0 again once more.
SPGS are horrible at the start :(

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there any chance for a wipe? After having to grind SPG again once more, I don't want the devs to reset everything back to 0 again once more.
No, there is no planned wipe and I think the devs have stated that there will be no more now that the game has been released.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

But some interesting things are coming our way that is certain.First off plenty of new tanks it seems and then some very interesting stuff about applying different camo patterns to our tanks, they will cost credits of course but it seems that they will be more than cosmetic and will depend on the kind of map, this should be in the came by fall they claim in the 0.7 updated.

Another very interesting thing to be looking forward to are physics, for tanks atleast, not sure about shells yet.This will give some very interesting gameplay options and some challenges they will have to overcome to implement this properly (like what happenes to a tank that lands on another tank, or a tank that lands in a lake, or flips over, and stuff like that) so this is probably still far off but a nice thing to look forward to :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, there is no planned wipe and I think the devs have stated that there will be no more now that the game has been released.
Yay! :D
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 251