Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210823 times)

King Cow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any hint that they might add British tanks at some time?  ::)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

They are planned, but i wouldn't count on seeing them anytime this year, if we are lucky then sometimes in the fall/winter.

Also got my StuG, upgraded my Pz4 and got an M7 Priest.The StuG and Pz4 are great fun and great for money and xp, the Priest is crap so far, but only because i'm still stuck with the stock gun, and the funny thing is i got enough free xp to unlock the second gun right off the bat, but i never thought that i would need tracks for it -.-
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

There is even a preliminary British tree available.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I'm loving the game, but I have two major questions:

1. Are we really limited to 5 slots in the garage?

2. If so, how do you remove an older tank when buying a new one if all slots are already filled?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2. If so, how do you remove an older tank when buying a new one if all slots are already filled?
1. Yes, unless you purchase a new one for gold.

2. Sell it. Right clicking on its icon in the garage slot will give you the sell button, but you can also go into the Depot and sell it there.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

2. Sell it. Right clicking on its icon in the garage slot will give you the sell button, but you can also go into the Depot and sell it there.

Thanks!  :)

3. Run Resize Enable

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Or patch changes that end up netting you slots, if I still have the same tanks in my garage when the Russian heavy tree changes come through I'll end up getting two free slots. (and two free tanks)

I also got a free slot thanks to the Valentine.
Steam Profile
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New patch is here! Well, servers are down till 18:00 UTC, but hey, it's here.  8)

Thanks for all the help, folks! I'm grinding my way to a KV. Got the T-28 and I'm hating it. Passionately. It has good speed, but it's the size of a barn and its armour feels like paper. The standard gun, while having a nice oomph to it, can't scratch heavies. So, I'm gonna upgrade this tank fully and then save up for a KV. After that, I'm going back to the German tree and keep going for the Tiger. While it might be way worse than the Russian tree equivalent, I'll have one, damnit!

I'm terrible with TD's though. I prefer to get stuck in with the big boys. I heard the STUG can handle that role too, but since I don't even have the "Hetzer gonna Hetz" yet, it won't be in my garage just yet. But one day ... Same goes for the Sherman. Although, I want that one for sentimental value. ^^ Just to clarify, the Easy 8 Sherman, is that the first or the second Sherman you can unlock?
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Easy 8 is the 2nd one. T-28 is always going to be paper, and it never will really be a beast, but the later tier guns on that thing are godlike. I cant tell you how many times I have died to them in heavies.

For clarity; the new patch is NOT changing the tech trees. There are new tanks, yes, but this patch is NOT the one that will introduce a dozen new tanks, change the lines, etc. This patch will add... four (?) new tanks along with 2 more maps.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 05:03:00 am by Rex_Nex »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

With the T-28 i suggest sneakiness and cowardice, stay back, snipe with the 76mm gun, run in if you see a distraction or an opening and generally be a bitch detracking enemies and raping their arty :)

Also it's four normal tanks plus two premiums, but the spotting and damage changes are what really matters :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Basically the T-28 is a Tank Destroyer with a Turret, I imagine that Amerikan TDs are gonna play remarkably like it, except with the ability to blitz across the battlefield at high speed.
Steam Profile

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Honestly though, if you want an American TD, just play the Lee.  ::)

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 07:41:47 am by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But the Lee doesn't have the accuracy for that the "TD role", right? Nice big gun, sure, but that's about the only thing that's talking for the Lee. But I'm basing this on battlefield experience, not actually having driven the thing myself.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

1: no, you can buy gold to get more slots. Plus if you have a full garage and a patch splits a tank that you have, they will add a free slot to put the new tank in. If you really like the game, it probably isn't a bad idea to buy a little gold for a couple extra slots and some time on a premium account (you get bonus xp so you can grind to the high tiers faster).

2: right click on it and select sell. If you have a really good crew, you might want to send them to the barracks first so that they can be retrained for another tank, or just let them chill if you plan on getting the same tank again later.

ugh... update is taking forever
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 07:28:42 pm by Nadaka »
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wh... What happened to all of my tanks? And money? And Gold? And Exp?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 251