Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210773 times)

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile

Aw, I was having an amazing game when suddenly I was surrounded by enemies with my ping at 999.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone in the US server? I (Elsior) am. Taking a break until release though. I can say T-54 is awOPsome.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

tesarro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I am on the US server. Finally got the t29 from the US tree and liking it should have a t20 tonight. Once the 5x exp ends I will probally take a break untill release.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile

Just got an e-mail with my entrance into the beta (finally!), I'll see you guys on the european server tonight!
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile

Guys, should I get the 100mm gun (I have the 122mm at the moment) on my KV-3 or just save up for the IS?
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

tesarro

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Get both and you can use the 100mm on the t-34-85 and the 122mm on the is. The 100mm not much more accurate than the 107mm and less damage. And when you go to the 122mm the shells are 1k a shot.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile

Well, I don't plan on getting the t-34-85 any time soon, and I already have the 122mm so I'll just grind to the IS.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Ssiissuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I recommend goin' the 122 on the KV3 as it gives you better pen over the 107, as well as more damage. The rate of fire and accuracy aren't as impressive, but frankly at the ranges you typically engage folk at in this game it's not usually a problem. The 122 on the KV3 puts it in the same league as the Tiger, I feel. Great armour all around, and a high damage gun turn the KV3 from a nuisance into a killer, you'll be teaching everyone two tiers above you, and down, to be more attentive when a KV3 is around. The shells may be expensive and the reload long, but if you pick your shots well, you should be just fine.

The 107 is still an excellent gun, and it's an excellent compromise between the 100 and the 122. You almost can't go wrong with the gun selection on the KV3.

After hitting the IS and maxing it I think I may stick with the KV3 in release, the IS has the same gun as the KV3 albeit 1 more round per minute fired, and is much more mobile; but I find myself less of a target in the KV3, and the armour seems to bounce more when I do come under fire. Not to mention the tiered matching is more forgiving to the KV3, usually.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

122mm is great for 1 shotting tier 4-5 tanks.

107mm is best for dps output and actual accuracy.

i stick with the 107mm because i seem to end up doing better as long as i actually survive long enough in the round.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

This XP Bonus has been awesome, I managed to get to a Tiger II.  Haven't used it much yet though but without this XP event I wouldn't even gotten past the VK3601. :P
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i liked the 100mm D10T. the pen is as high as the pen of the 122mm, the dps is quite high as it reloads fast, its much more accurate than the 122mm and the amo is way cheaper.
when i used the 122 without prem, i always have been a little blocked becuase to miss realy meant a financial loss.
i used the 100mm all the way from kv-3 to is-3, until i finaly unlocked the 122mm bl-9 recently.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile

Open beta is planned for January 27th. Apparently you keep 70% of your XP and only premium members get T10 tanks.

Preview says they plan to add air combat and infantry combat in the long term future  :o.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:28:52 am by Cheese »

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Open beta is planned for January 27th. Apparently you keep 70% of your XP and only premium members get T10 tanks.

where did you hear this.

I just checked official forum for 10 minutes trying to find it.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile

Here. Seriously, don't people read the announcements on the game launcher?

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile

Aw, sometimes this game annoys me. I had spent half the match going around the map the long way and was about to get a shot at these two medium tanks from the rear (wahey!) when an enemy half way across the map got one shot at me and set me on fire, knocking out my engine, then my radio and finally killing me.
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 251