Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210646 times)

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the comments. I was just worried it was bugged since the skills didn't increase at all.

In other news, I got myself a Bison and Panzerjager. Both Tier 2 (right?), but the Bison is a fun thing. Sure, 20 shells, a long reload time, armour thinner than paper. But shooting a huge shell point-blank and knocking out a tank with one shot makes me go "boo-yah".
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile

I just signed up for this. anything I should know?
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A lot of stuff, but nothing so complicated you wouldnt pick it up just by playing and asking questions.

Hmmm. Maybe... join ingame channel "Bay 12" using that channel button on the lower left. And you get 150 Gold everyday, during beta, you cannot buy gold yet. I think its most useful to get "Premium" so you can create platoons and gain more XP/Cash and to free up the vehicle specific XP once you fully upgraded the according vehicle.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Plan ahead on the vehicles you want to use, because generally speaking, the XP earned on a vehicle cannot be carried over to the next one (unless you turn the said vehicle into elite and convert the XP into free XP, that can be used to research another tech branches).

If you like to play cat and mouse, best to go tanking for their mobility and versatility. If you like sniping, that's tank destroyers. SPG is like sniping from above instead of horizontally.

The best money maker for me is StuG III fully upgraded. You get to fight lower-tier vehicles from time to time and could one-hit kill many of them.

Hetzer and M3 Lee are shits. They are outgunned and outmaneuvered by other tanks they would normally fight against.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile

This game is very unforgiving with gold. I trained a crew to elite with some gold, then switched him to a different tank and tried to train him up in the other tank as well. Long story short, I lost my 100% with him, so instead of being able to operate 2 vehicles, he is back to 1.

Premium shells cost a lot of gold as well, and may or may not be of use, depending on your opponent.

Consumables cost 50 gold each and are gone after 1 use. Their only advantage is that instead of lasting for 2 minutes they last the entire match.

The bottom line is, if it isn't free, you better know what you are doing before you mess with it, because the game designers built the game in a very shady below-the-board way.

(Edit: This doesn't matter in the beta, but you shouldn't get attached to this game. The way things work in this game makes me think poorly of it's future due to it's business model.)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 09:41:45 am by Kogan Loloklam »
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The bottom line is, if it isn't free, you better know what you are doing before you mess with it, because the game designers built the game in a very shady below-the-board way.
I have to disagree there. It's considerably open about the things you described, I'm pretty sure you get according warning messages. It's just a bit unbelievable at first, but thats what the "general" channel is there for. Before I spent gold on the things you described, I doublechecked by asking there, and didnt lose a single coin. edit: for instance, I NEVER assumed, even without asking, that Coca Cola would last more than ONE match, because the description says so, IIRC.

Also, when you get to 100% skill, youre supposed to get a "secondary" skill, like camouflage or fire fighting. THEN you can switch the crew to another vehicle or something.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 10:52:57 am by Puck »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

A bit on the gold.NEVER buy premium shells, they only add a bit of pentration(and the conical gun for the VK3601H gets more damage(frankly the only tank that has good premium shells(but they are expensive so you really should only buy them for something important like clan wars))).Now onto the premium consumables, again not worth buying unless it's for something really imporatant, like clan fights or tournaments(alltough the fire extinguisher is nice since it gives firefighting and decreases chance of fire(and that lasts untill your tank is set on fire)).
On crew skill, your crew can only operate one tank, everytime you retrain them without gold they loose some skill, however any secondary skills are kept but do not improve untill the general skill level is back to 100.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

however any secondary skills are kept but do not improve untill the general skill level is back to 100.
Now THIS is good to know... I'm not sure I'll keep training my m37 crew, then...

I'll just do that with the top tier arty crew.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile

I reckon the KV-2 will be the new Russian arty.  8)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Premium ammo is worth it with some bigger guns, tanks in early tiers aren't worth spending premium anything on.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get ready for the soft wipe in early or mid December! Also, they're going to split the player base into two servers: USA and Europe. I am in Aussie but I suspect my ping would be better in the USA server.

More info here.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile

Seriously? There'll probably be 2 or 3 European players from B12 including me :/

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Bye bye european players. :(

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Looks like you'll be able to go into the other server if you want.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks like you'll be able to go into the other server if you want.

With a different account I suppose. It'd better if the server is integrated like WoW; I like reading random Polish words.  :-[

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 251