Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210586 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

According to my search, World of Tanks has been mentioned in a number of threads but there was no thread dedicated to the game itself, so here it is!

If you have played that naval battle game in which you command a ship (sorry, can't remember the name), well, this is the tank version of it. It is free-to-play and to my understanding, premium will only get you in-game cash that you can earn by playing anyway. The detail is amazing, there are more than 100 tanks in the game and they are historically accurate, although some liberty has been taken to keep the balance between "realism" and "fun".

Nothing can explain the game better than the official website itself. Also, check out this video review by MMOHut.

In-game Bay 12 channel: "Bay 12" created by Elsior. You can use the search function on the Channel box to get to the channel.

We shall form a clan or something once the game is fully launched. For the time being, feel free to blow up each others face. I look forward to blasting my turret at you guys in the game!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 01:10:26 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: World of Tanks: Multiplayer FREE-to-Play Tank Simulation
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 05:22:33 am »

You can get a key and a free tank here: http://www.alienwarearena.com/event/wot-beta
Just register and apply, and hey presto you get a key.On the subject of the game, i have been playing it for a while, from August i belive.It's a great game, one of the rare ones that has kept me interested for this long.I have a lot of stuff currently from all nations, nickname is the same as here if anyone wants to play a few platoon games.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 08:49:58 am »

I'm downloading it now, looks to be fun!
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 09:48:28 am »

Calling it a simulation is an insult to all the simulations out there. ...not saying that is fun though.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 10:54:11 am »

I'm playing it now and it's pretty awesome. I'm using an MS-1 with a burst fire gun attached. My name is Omegastick if any of you want to know?

EDIT: Waheey! I just got my first proper (I've had several assist kills) kill! It was with an SPG as well.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 11:31:04 am by Omegastick »
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 01:10:19 pm »

this game takes grinding to a new level - fun at times, boring/enraging at others

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 09:05:07 pm »

Yeah Tier V tanks take FOREVER to get. I've been playing for a while and have a couple tier IV ones, I like to do all the early tanks because I unlock new things quicker.

Anyway, should I start a Bay 12 platoon? What are you guys' usernames?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 09:08:33 pm »

I'm downloading the game now, I'll be Jusman
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 04:20:21 am »

I just got my code and gonna take this for a spin this evening. Username Dohon.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 04:25:54 am »

Wait untill you get to higher tiers Sensei, almost 90k for the King Tiger , a bit less for the Ferdinand and some 70 for the ISU, i can't imagine those poor souls that got to the T10 tanks.And unfortunatley only three people are allowed into a platoon, but luckily team fights should soon be in.
AS - IG

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 04:33:23 am »

The Special Tank you get with that Key from the site posted before SUCKS... It needs to be close to do any damage, but moves at a max speed of 30 if you roll down a hill. After that if you hit something you drop down to 25, you can't upgrade it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 04:51:03 am »

I've been playing this for a while and currently have a SU26, PzIII(elite) and KV. I tried playing a Leo but I found that a PzIII is almost universally better. Its top speed is barely any lower, it turns faster, turret turns faster, has better armor slopes and isn't a light tank so people won't bumrush you immediately for being the weakling you are.

A word of warning with platoons, the highest tank is the one that counts so a platoon with a t3 and a t6 will almost always get placed in the 6-10 league. Be equal tier with possibly slightly lower tier SPG's, those get in higher tier matches to make up for the fact that there's so few of them.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 05:26:58 am »

Fun thing to do, get a platoon with two KV's and an MS-1, enemies always shoot at the MS-1 first even tough the KV has the 152 pointed at them :D
And dude, how does the pz3 have better armour than the Leopard, the Leo has the best light tank armor in the game, it's like a freaking mini panther in that regard, the only real weakness are it's incredibly large tracks.
AS - IG

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 06:38:18 am »

The Special Tank you get with that Key from the site posted before SUCKS... It needs to be close to do any damage, but moves at a max speed of 30 if you roll down a hill. After that if you hit something you drop down to 25, you can't upgrade it...

It has some advantages. You gain more exp and credits with it during battles than the basic light tanks. It's also got better armor than some medium tanks. I used it to build up a reserve of credits and free experience (by converting the bound experience using the free beta gold credits), and then I sold it for 200,000 credits. That got me to BT-7 within a few hours (plus still have over 200k credits) which is the tank I'm using now. It has the same gun caliber as the valentine, is quite fast but has cardboard armour. I've had a lot better life expectancy with it than the valentine though. Currently going for medium soviet tanks, but considering starting a german tank destroyer track as well since they seem to fit my playstyle.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 06:49:19 am »

btw, I got a key from here: http://www.freemmostation.com/2010/09/world-of-tanks-closed-beta-giveaway.html

No registration or anything, and they should have some left.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 251