Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211110 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If it helps, the new IS-4 (and the IS-8 before it) has pretty terrible ammo choice. The gold ammo that looks 1337 and has 400 pen? Yea, that is HEAT ammo, and since it removes normalization, the effective pen against sloped armor is more in the range of 330. Still good, but its definitely not "go through maus upper glacis npnnp" good. US tanks are still the kings of pen.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

The thing is, E-100 has horrible HEAT gold ammo too, but unlike the new IS-4 its AP ammo doesn't have ~270 pen :/

(then again I have the IS-4 so I really don't give a damn :P )
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

I somehow touched 51% Win rate for like five seconds.

If I'm not careful my Winrate will get to high and I'll become the target of those XVM using srs bsns players! ::)
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've gotten the mastery badges on the t-28 and with the KV. This means i'm apparently earning more experience on average than 99% of other people who use those tanks?

This, this amuses me greatly, I didn't even think I was a decent tanker.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

You underestimate how poorly others play then.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course I do, I don't usually last long in games.

Although I suppose it makes sense, I was in a game where if the squad of 5 heavies rolled past an ambushing TD (i graciously took the first shot and kept driving) we would have killed it before it reloaded.

What actually happened was everyone stopped and lined up, to afraid to take a hit. Goddammit, these people are heavies. They should be able to take a hit without being afraid.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've gotten the mastery badges on the t-28 and with the KV. This means i'm apparently earning more experience on average than 99% of other people who use those tanks?

This, this amuses me greatly, I didn't even think I was a decent tanker.

Remember that it's just that one game (not your running average with the tank), vs a 7-day running average of everyone. For Mastery, all you need is one (very) good game to get it.

I've got Mastery in the T29 and, of all things, the B1.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Thing is, it doesn't seem to reset, atleast it never reset anything for me :S

Also, is it just me or is there no point in taking the IS-4 over the ST-1, atleast stats wise, they're pretty much identical, except the ST-1 has that second turret which is basically a rip off of a US turret with it's crazy good armor and gun depression.

And having great fun with both the Lorraine and IS-8 on the test server, quick like greased lightning and able to throw punches like a cave troll, they can't take many tho, but that doesn't matter, kill them before they kill you always works in that case :D
AS - IG

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, Ace Mastery only needs one really good game. I got it on my Tiger II, which I am not really good at. Never got it on IS-3 and Panther II, which I am better.

Also, I have unlocked stock Lorraine. If I use Free XP to unlock first engine and first gun (90mm), will I need upgraded track to mount them?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Me and Buri kicked butt today :3

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us

Yes, Ace Mastery only needs one really good game. I got it on my Tiger II, which I am not really good at. Never got it on IS-3 and Panther II, which I am better.

Also, I have unlocked stock Lorraine. If I use Free XP to unlock first engine and first gun (90mm), will I need upgraded track to mount them?

yes. You pretty much always need tracks to mount the larger gun even with the lightest engine/turret/radio.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could figure it out yourself just looking at the equipment stats, but yeah. Tracks are usually the first thing I grind up for. Usually the cheapest anyway, and turning faster is always nice. Plus, never have to worry about running into that annoying weight limit when you go for a gun first.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

You can mount the gun without the tracks, not sure about the engine. But I recommend going for the gun since it makes all the difference at first because you still don't have that crazy mobility the extra pen really really helps.
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yea, I already got that set for him. You dont need the tracks unless you want the 100mm; everything else will fit on the stock tracks.

Edit: And another night of blowing stuff up with Buri!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 04:13:44 am by Rex_Nex »

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't underestimate the lack of brains. People really ARE more stupid than you think.

Most of the time I'm left on frontlines alone, even in M36 because people think camping in base will help them. (Seeing a KV-3 climb up the hill on that map with a valley in middle, where only arty should go on hill is a terror)

Anyone else playing on EU server?
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 251