Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 211099 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

I wouldn't say much has really changed, community is still pretty horrible but I still have a bit of fun doing my few matches every so often.

Rather enjoying these new 'merican tds surprisingly, usually I don't do well with agile tanks but they have a way about them that's actually really fun.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*sigh* so I need to go back and buy my KV again... great.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I cant play anymore, but I'm still part of the community I guess. The game is doing well, but the issue is WG is still lacking any real new reasons to play. Just adding heaps of tanks and maps... thats good and all, but..

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Yeah, that's one big thing I noted.  You upgrade your tank and then what?  Same fight, bigger enemies.  Nothing ever really changes and you don't get a feel for skill growth like you might in other MMO's.  It's rather like playing Quake in the school library, it's entertaining when you have nothing better to do but it's hard to really invest into it.

Toady Two

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SCIENCE]
    • View Profile

Yeah, that's one big thing I noted.  You upgrade your tank and then what?  Same fight, bigger enemies.  Nothing ever really changes and you don't get a feel for skill growth like you might in other MMO's.  It's rather like playing Quake in the school library, it's entertaining when you have nothing better to do but it's hard to really invest into it.

I don't think your complaint is valid especially since you compare to other MMOs. IMO WoT gives you a very good sense of progression since you can be teamed against tanks of different tiers. You start out driving a bb-gun armed tractor with paper-thin armor and you find yourself one-shotted by others in huge steel behemoths but as you go on the gap between what you considered untouchable thins. I find this much better then some arbitrary skill/leveling system.

If you want to get into the game I suggest playing with friends in a platoon or joining a clan to play territory control. The battles can get quite strategic if you coordinate 2-3 players together on skype and I can only imagine how fun it must be to command a whole battalion with a competitive lineup.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, except, to my knowledge the only way to actively play with your friends is to pay for it.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope, IIRC paying only increases maximum platoon size to 3. You can still platoon with a single friend for free. Back in ye olde days, you would of been right.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am rather ye olde.  My client still says "beta" on the program :P

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bump cos version 7.3 is coming and it is the end of German tanks. T110 and M103 are really dominating right now. Soon IS-4 with its 270 penetration gun will join the fun. Poor German heavies will be obsolete. :(

Also, I won 2,500 gold from a contest, wee!!!

Just got E-50 too. Oh such a beauty!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, I won 2,500 gold from a contest, wee!!!

Nice - what contest?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Congrats Buri :D

And I still don't see why the M103 is so special, it was simply too annoying to play (and this is coming from someone who plays mostly German and US tanks). So I sold it and got myself a Jagdtiger, not regretting it one bit seeing as it's my best preforming T9 tank, and it's a whole lot of fun to play :D

Also quite satisfied with the T34, saves me a lot of cash worrying, pop into that and my money guzzling IS-4 (most of the time) is set for several battles :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Grats bud :D

Most people dont like the M103. The T110 is great though.

As for German T10s... mmm. You get the most armored, highest HP tank in the game, and then the only T10 with a 750 damage cannon. Not sure if they need a buff.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought the "endgame" so to speak, was supposed to be the clanwars thing?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Grats bud :D

Most people dont like the M103. The T110 is great though.

As for German T10s... mmm. You get the most armored, highest HP tank in the game, and then the only T10 with a 750 damage cannon. Not sure if they need a buff.

Armor is pretty useless now, except for fighting other German tanks, most recent high tier tanks have ridicilous pen.And that 750 damage gun isn't all that great when you realize it's got crap pen and accuracy, unless you use gold ammo :/
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm fighting to get the new branch of heavies to be slower with worse (lower pen) guns, but slightly more armour. (After all, this is SUPPOSED to be the armoured, heavier line)

Edit: Made an EU channel for us. The Twelfth Bay   pw: magma
(Pw because I don't want random spammers)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:46:23 pm by Wimopy »
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 251