Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 251

Author Topic: World of Tanks: F2P MMOFPS with tanks - Join in-game "Bay 12 Games" channel!  (Read 210620 times)

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where can I get a key without signing up on a site? I want to join but really don't want to make accounts all over the internet. :-\

You could have a look at this list, but chances are that most/all of them require a sign up of some sort. That's much of the point of promotional keys, sites want to capitalize on the attention from the key handouts.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was afraid of this. It seems I end up behind the other light tanks when I try using a discrete route. Some zippy green dot ends up on the opposite corner of the map revealing several SPGs and TDs.

Ah yes, the kamikaze scouts. They tend to live short, very intense lives.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Most of those sites you had to register at but seems I overlooked that you can just give them your E-Mail and they will send you a key in a few days. :)
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Ssiissuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, I have the same name here as I do over in WoT. I'm game for platoons and any steamy talk about gun lengths and widths. Sexy int-- discourse about penetration is also welcome.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Most of those sites you had to register at but seems I overlooked that you can just give them your E-Mail and they will send you a key in a few days. :)
You can go to shatteredcrystal (I hate mentioning those darned arseholes) and order the WoT key as a "free" item, without using an account. They just want a name and an email account, and while they dont accept "mailinator" throwaway adresses, I managed to find another one of those junkmail services and it worked just fine. (maybe it was http://www.disposeamail.com/ , I cant remember)

So I got a friend a key without giving away a real name or a real email adress and literally zero waiting time.

Just an idea.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 05:12:58 am by Puck »

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile

Just won an awesome battle. It was me and an SU-18 on my side in the end, me being a German PzKpfw 3 Ausf A. The enemy still had three guys, managed to take out the 2 guarding their base together, then one of them got to our base before I started capping theirs. The SU went and found another artillery, managed to interrupt his capping but then died. I ended up winning. I'm happy now.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Victory!
Battle: Erlenberg Saturday, November 20, 2010 1:06:02 PM
Tank: T29
Received:
1,923 Experience
50,188 Credits

killed a t-44, IS, tiger, and jagdtiger, and damaged two other mediums

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Finally got myself a T-34... and... I'm a bit disappointed. Granted, it is slightly more survivable, but not by much, and the damage output is about the same. I'm also a lot slower though, so the survivability is cut down seriously by the fact that I can't really run away anymore. I think I was hoping for more from all of that grinding. I guess not though. I might play it a bit more, but I think I've worn myself out on it. Maybe I'll look into arty a bit more, or some of the cheaper German tanks. Really liked the look of the German TDs... if I can even get myself worked up enough to get to those.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

Been bumming around a little bit in my T-46, that light tank is a bit badass... 76mm Gun and it tends to get thrown into matches with other light tanks...

It amuses me that right now it has a larger gun then my Tank Destroyer...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 04:13:04 am by Rilder »
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile

Got a panzer 3 and I'm also disappointed. It doesn't seem to accelerate as fast and the only advantage I can tell is some armour improvements and a HP increase, which are decent but still don't seem to make a difference. Fortunately, I kept my lovely light tank.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

Remember almost every stock tank is utter crap, after you get some upgrades and the crew gets some skill it will really start to shine, especially the pz3 which is one of the better scout tanks, just smack that 75mm gun on it and see it tear apart arty and other lights.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile

I think I'm getting the hang of it now. I've also noticed it seems to have better ability to shoot at longer ranges, which is pretty nice when hiding in bushes. I've also started down the German TD line.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you need to survive a match in order to see your crew increase their skills? I got my ass whooped in every match when using the Leichttraktor and they haven't increased their skills at all, even though I managed to nail a few other lights.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Skills go up real slow, unless you have an elite vehicle with "Accelerate crew training" ticked. And then its still slow.

I usually try to afford the training up to level 75, which is 20k per crewman. But you dont wanna do that with tier1 stuff :D

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile

I'm not really bothering with crews until I get a bit higher up the teirs...
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 251